nerf other classes too, and give them 0.5 sec delay

Axl.8924

Game has to much mobility, root some casting skills that are aoe, and improve their damage.

issue with scourge shades is the moibility, give them a dome to refclect range on shades, increase shade damage, and root them on shade skills XD

@Axl.8924, every class has LoS issues, that is a problem with the game engine itself.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ghos.1326 said:

Necros has line of sight issues for sure in many things next complaint please, keep em coming.

While i sympathise somewhat with thieves a little as i've played, i just don't think its as bad for you as ou say it is.I think its a learn to play issue.

Thing is, I was not the one talking about line of sight before this. You would be referring to Sindrener, one of THE top rated thieves in the entire game. If it comes from him, i'm more inclined to believe him, since well. you know...he's good. And what he says does have merit. So pretty much you're telling Sind to learn to play. How many monthly ATs/tourneys/daily ATs have you won exactly? you don't have to answer that question, it kind of has no merit to my argument as well, but it would be a laughable bit of information to know, for my own demented reasons.

I have no idea don't care.What i do know is:Necros have weakness.the way some complained makes me think they don't know what they are talking about, and kiting is something necros are weak aganist.

Also:I didn't insult you, and it wasn't meant to insult him.I told him that necros have a weakness vs ranged, like regenade and kiting.Maybe take away the 0.5 sec delay and make it so shades can be killed or interrupted i dunno.I'd rather if shades could be killed and interrupted than have cleanse and delay type nerf.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

idk if anything else is worth mentioning

The fact that necros are so vulnerable alone means you'l probably win with a rating of 80%. considering necros have to be babysat and now with the delay, there is a really good chance it will miss.You got stealth and teleport attack to harrasss a necro and basilisk venom.

sure u can go dp and kill a reaper/core necro but that will still take a minute or more of your time and he will more or less full cap you since you will need to kite/stealth up . so once u kill him u spent over a minute as a +1 build to 1v1, which also fyi can get +1'd by a thief urself and die since u cant sustain 1v2s. let's pretend for a moment you win this 1v1 after 1+min the reaper can repush you and you'll lose the node so you essentially have less point ticks than the reaper will have even if you kill him.

but just fyi most thieves play sd now so no stealth/rupts yo

But you can still teleport away.A necro who is alone in reaper mode will not be able to catch up to you easily, especially since limited mobility moves.If he catches up to you though and hits you, you will be in big trouble.

Scourge doesn't have the massive hp that a reaper has in shroud, and even if you get a barrier up it won't keep him up long.Also you got massive dmg from those backstabs.IF you play S/D you can teleport to the reaper stab him, teleport away and dodge his attacks thrownig poison traps at him., filling him with a million condies, and draining his shroud even faster.Remember, the shroud has a faster degen than it used to.

Condi necros at least from what i saw on my thief who was D/p was scary, or could be scary.That chill effect can be a nasty surprise if he hits you.Try to not get hit by chill.

I'm sure Sind appreciates the advice on how to play thief from you.

Especially the part where thief can port in stab with sword, port out a d throwing thousands of poison traps

But its true what i said, you can easily do that.I did that with a sword/pistol thief and i played as a condi thief.You can even press the button to teleport away instantly after stabbing.You can also teleport to enemy while blinding them as well with D/p for insta attack.

Don't act like you don't have 100 billion gap closers, because you do.

Ghos.1326You also seem to forget that, as a necromancer, with your staff, you can lay down your skills, and they last for pretty much eternity. How is that fair? Shades deserved the 0.5 second cast time. Also, just to correct you, most skills do have a 0.5 second cast time. Thief stealth is not instant, ONLY case is a couple utility skills. Scrapper gyro has a cast time. pretty much everything.

Now yo are being a crybaby.Those staff abilities have limited range and not all of them are unblockable, plus they do very little damage.If you got a issue with staff necro, its definitely a l2p issue.While i'l happily admit i'm not the best at dealing with thieves and haven't pvped in a while, i think its highly unfair and biased to complain when someone nerfs you such as some complained about nerf about mesmer or complaining that warriors new build is mainly pvp, but what about necros? they don't fit many niche at all and get destroyed easily.So its totally fair to nerf necros till they are easy kills? give me a break.

Also What class do you play Ghos? you a ele? i bet your a ele or engi.

Wait, i'm a crybaby for "complaining" about staff skills, bringing up an arguable point, and I have to l2p, but you can't deal with a d/p thief or a thief in general as a scourge, as you are also crying about cast times on shade skills....yeah you just successfully invalidated yourself. retry with some valid data and arguments, until then you're not looking so hot.As well, to further knock you off the high horse you believe you sit on, if I am not mistaken, could be just traited, but all staff skills are unblockable? besides skill 1. yeah gg on knowledge of your own profession...

So no its not overpowered.If you cry about it you are a BABY!!

Go renegade and shoot necros from afar and GG.

Just stop lol.

Theres no reason at all as to why necro gets at least 8 insta cast skills while other classes get 1 at most. Your 4 staff skills when walked appon insta go off...your shade skills were insta cast and that was cheap and offered little to no reaction time at all. Just clear them condis and avoid fighting 1v1 was the tatic befor feb 6, now with the visual pulsing you can kinda have a chance of a fair engagement by keeping track of the pulse timmings and attacking between them.

What i alao wpuld like to see is each shade pulse have it own color so you can keep track of the cds of each shade skill like f2 be red pulse, f3 be blue, f4 be yellow, and f5 be green. Also so we know what kind of skill we were just hit with sowe can react appropriately. As of right now i dont really know what skill is used an f5 or an f2 the only way i know is if the necro got barrerier... makeing a skill fighting game more of an rng thing sometimes is not good, fair, or competitive.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Theres no reason at all as to why necro gets at least 8 insta cast skills while other classes get 1 at most. Your 4 staff skills when walked appon insta go off...your shade skills were insta cast and that was cheap and offered little to no reaction time at all. Just clear them condis and avoid fighting 1v1 was the tatic befor feb 6, now with the visual pulsing you can kinda have a chance of a fair engagement by keeping track of the pulse timmings and attacking between them.

Also:Staff again isn't as spammable or oppressive as scourge.2 condis for 8 sec and your talking about a few hundred dmg on someone who has 9-25k health.Any less and it would be useless.Necros need their cc to survive i mean without ccs such as chill and other things, we would have even less survivability.If you are going to take away might as well just delete necro because they would be useless in every game mode.Staff is taken because its needed for necros to deal with condi spam from other classes, such as guardians poison thieves and mesmers.

If you are gonna ask for changes, ask for realistic changes necros can go by with, changes that are fair.Sometimes you also have to compensate.Necros don't have the level of stability a ele has, nor the dps for pve.

I do think that clearly there was some underlying issues, but i am not sure i can go by all the changes withotu some compensation for scourge.I heard scourge was being massively supported by firebrand for survivability already to keep it alive, and firebrand was nerfed.

Bottom line:Did necro need nerfs for pvp? probably, but before anymore nerfs happen, the designers themsevelves shold probably test out scourge to see why its strong and whatnot to see if nerfing it more is a solution or not.Nerfing it more might simply kill it.Also remember:Staff is also a pve utility too.You wouldn't want to make staff any less good for pve.

There are also issues that some players don't play necro and focus on their 1 class.Others do and will come in to defend like Aeolus, and i'm sure there are others.I've even seen obtenna argue about balance a few times.Then there is that engineer guy who wants necros to be nerfed and thinks that they are braindead.I'm not claiming to be best necro in pve or pvp, nor do i think i'm even that good in pvp, but You got to understand from a necro point of view:If i'm playing a scourge or reaper in pvp, and i can't kill anyone or survive, how is that fun for me or any necro who plays? It works both ways i know, but if you nerf it too hard, nobody will want to play it.

Is there overreaction on necro part? ProbablyIs there deep underlying issues within the core necro traits and mechanics that hurt it in pve because of pvp? definitely.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Scourge is so bad that it's still meta!

That is the defenition of good class on gw2, kids and wanabe decent players need those lame gameplay wich is what gw2 is trully for.

For some reason gw2 is known to be one of the worst mmo's to pvp...and seen has only a pve game with poor effort rewards system.

ill keep saying reduce game pace trough mobility and start root while making root skills a bit stronger has trade off, shades inclueded.

@Hitman.5829 said:Now, lets talk about macro users. before there was a 0.5 sec on shades, people could create macros that would execute instant spellsI'm pretty sure no one needs a macro to press 4 keys simultaneously unless they're legitimately handicapped.

I'm also going to point out that I did the math once to figure out which class had the highest average activation times on their skills. It's Necro, which is an intended design choice. There should be dev posts on both this forum and the archive of the old one confirming this.

@Axl.8924 said:

Lets compare Shades to traps and stealth.Traps are invisible, can be stacked in control point and stay there for a long time. If traited/geared properly they are deadly. Trapper DH with bow is most powerful trap user.Stealth gives invisibility. Can sneak up and unleash a burst of instane dmg before we can react. It work as defensive mechanism as well.

Shades, unlike traps or stealth are visible and not active before scourge activate it, paying with LF. Even full burst of F2 to F5 wont kill in any scenario. They telegraph their attacks clearly and can be countered with condi cleanse. Whats more, shades are far from being defensive or bursty. Now with reduced condi cleanse they don't support as well. Shades last only 10 seconds.

Summary:Traps - invisible, long-lasting, deadly, almost no way to avoidStealth - invisible, deadly, defensive, no way to reveal enemy (there are few skills accessible by only couple of classes)Shades - visible, short lifespan, weak, delayed and telegraphed activation.

Possible fixes:Reduce duration of traps to 10sec. Make them visible. Put a 0.5s delay after stepping in to avoid.Stealth - give access to reveal skill to all classes, spread between weapon skills, mechanics and utilities, daze stealth-users when exiting stealth for 0.5s, Make a graphical information when player leave stealth (big red circles going inward player locaton).Bonus:All AoE skills need to be put on minimum 0.5s delay with visible activation location (lava fonts, glyph of storms, arrows barrage etc). They are more powerful than unavioided shade anyway.

Edit: Nvm, didn't read carefully enough.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Theres no reason at all as to why necro gets at least 8 insta cast skills while other classes get 1 at most. Your 4 staff skills when walked appon insta go off...your shade skills were insta cast and that was cheap and offered little to no reaction time at all. Just clear them condis and avoid fighting 1v1 was the tatic befor feb 6, now with the visual pulsing you can kinda have a chance of a fair engagement by keeping track of the pulse timmings and attacking between them.

Also:Staff again isn't as spammable or oppressive as scourge.2 condis for 8 sec and your talking about a few hundred dmg on someone who has 9-25k health.Any less and it would be useless.Necros need their cc to survive i mean without ccs such as chill and other things, we would have even less survivability.If you are going to take away might as well just delete necro because they would be useless in every game mode.Staff is taken because its needed for necros to deal with condi spam from other classes, such as guardians poison thieves and mesmers.

If you are gonna ask for changes, ask for realistic changes necros can go by with, changes that are fair.Sometimes you also have to compensate.Necros don't have the level of stability a ele has, nor the dps for pve.

I do think that clearly there was some underlying issues, but i am not sure i can go by all the changes withotu some compensation for scourge.I heard scourge was being massively supported by firebrand for survivability already to keep it alive, and firebrand was nerfed.

Bottom line:Did necro need nerfs for pvp? probably, but before anymore nerfs happen, the designers themsevelves shold probably test out scourge to see why its strong and whatnot to see if nerfing it more is a solution or not.Nerfing it more might simply kill it.Also remember:Staff is also a pve utility too.You wouldn't want to make staff any less good for pve.

There are also issues that some players don't play necro and focus on their 1 class.Others do and will come in to defend like Aeolus, and i'm sure there are others.I've even seen obtenna argue about balance a few times.Then there is that engineer guy who wants necros to be nerfed and thinks that they are braindead.I'm not claiming to be best necro in pve or pvp, nor do i think i'm even that good in pvp, but You got to understand from a necro point of view:If i'm playing a scourge or reaper in pvp, and i can't kill anyone or survive, how is that fun for me or any necro who plays? It works both ways i know, but if you nerf it too hard, nobody will want to play it.

Is there overreaction on necro part? ProbablyIs there deep underlying issues within the core necro traits and mechanics that hurt it in pve because of pvp? definitely.

You sound like u want all ur skills to apply 5+ condis and do 10k damage each. As far as i understand necro it never was a burst class. They apply damage over time mostly. And play as a support dps roll thats why nearly all there skillls are 1200 range so that they can stay out of the heavey hitters ranges along with there 25k+ hp and access to 10k+ barrier they have a bunch of surviveability option available. There was a time when a single scourge and a single firebrand can take on a 3v2 and even a 4v2 and come out on top. I guess you got used to such things and any change away from that is difficult to adapt to. But that situation was a broken one and should not have happened in the 1st place.

We are talkin aboot condi scourge right?

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

You sound like u want all ur skills to apply 5+ condis and do 10k damage each. As far as i understand necro it never was a burst class. They apply damage over time mostly. And play as a support dps roll thats why nearly all there skillls are 1200 range so that they can stay out of the heavey hitters ranges along with there 25k+ hp and access to 10k+ barrier they have a bunch of surviveability option available. There was a time when a single scourge and a single firebrand can take on a 3v2 and even a 4v2 and come out on top. I guess you got used to such things and any change away from that is difficult to adapt to. But that situation was a broken one and should not have happened in the 1st place.

no i don't want to be doing 10k dmg, but at least 3k dmg with scepter is fair, if not 2.5k.It enough dmg, that within a few tics, its dangerous to a single target that you have to pay attention to it, but not so much as to instantly burst you down.Less if its multiple targets, because 2.5k on 5 targets would be op.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

no i don't want to be doing 10k dmg, but at least 3k dmg with scepter is fair, if not 2.5k.It enough dmg, that within a few tics, its dangerous to a single target that you have to pay attention to it, but not so much as to instantly burst you down.Less if its multiple targets, because 2.5k on 5 targets would be op.

What ammulet are you running carrion, sage? A condi ammy with no percision and no ferocity? Why in god given right should you even put out 20% of the damage that a maurder or beaerker ammy puts out? You absolutly can have your 2.5k hits and more if you went with a power ammy. But then you probably be complaining/whinge about the condi damage and how thats useless now....i dont understand your argument. You CAN NOT have it all. No class should.

With a condi ammy scepter 1 is dangerouse with a few hits with it.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

What ammulet are you running carrion, sage? A condi ammy with no percision and no ferocity? Why in god given right should you even put out 20% of the damage that a maurder or beaerker ammy puts out? You absolutly can have your 2.5k hits and more if you went with a power ammy. But then you probably be complaining/whinge about the condi damage and how thats useless now....i dont understand your argument. You CAN NOT have it all. No class should.

With a condi ammy scepter 1 is dangerouse with a few hits with it.

Do you not understand how condi works? condi runs on 3 stats: Condition expertise and precision.While ferocity is nice,expertise is taken because the person who puts condis wants them to last long enough to actually kill them.Wether maybe a bit of crit chance and crit damage is better for pvp, who knows, even though there is a good chance it will be cleansed or you'l die beforehand.

zerker is power not condi.carrion yeah maybe something else that has expertise.Condi has to have a little burst to be viable in pvp, because if condi didn't do any damage it would be useless in pvp and useless in pve.

You should know this as you play weaver and probably tempest and you got some condi builds in ELE.You very much know what the main stats are right? its not the same 3 stats for power and condition.Only difference:There are going to be slightly different stats desired for necros and ele.Its possible ele would want for pve pvp a little bit of healing for barrier as well, because obviously healing power effects the barrier.

The gear for pve would be viper.For pvp it wouldhave some other stuff.

I play core ele fa sc/f sc/d maurder/avatar ammy. I only pvp. Tempest is a waist of time for dps purposes and weaver you get caught out of survivability rotaions to often on sc/f/d so that is worthless to me as well...i still dont underatand your point. You dont run ferocity to increase ur crit damage, you do run percision to get crit hits. You dont run power because you run condi. So where in this formula does it allow for your skills to hit for more thwn 1k crits when your power it self is below 2k. We are also not taking into consideration armor rating. Were also not even mentioning the fact that i as a fa core ele will probably have protection on me makeing what little power hits you do, do even less damage if its not corrupted immediately by any number of ur insta cast corruption skills. The playing field has been made alittle more even with this recent balance patch on feb 6.

This is what i run...http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhUMokhNOwnB8RMIBY1ToJcEkFQAoCS9gVQNA-jJxHQBA4EAMyyASY/Bl9AAAA

not an ounce of stability for the endless 15 second fears a scourge can do. Imo necro can fear to much now. Befor pof fear was a specialty that was used with staff 5 strategicly now you have fears going off every 15 seconds with f5 and way way more id the enemy team has more them 1 necro in the fight.

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:I play core ele fa sc/f sc/d maurder/avatar ammy. I only pvp. Tempest is a waist of time for dps purposes and weaver you get caught out of survivability rotaions to often on sc/f/d so that is worthless to me as well...i still dont underatand your point. You dont run ferocity to increase ur crit damage, you do run percision to get crit hits. You dont run power because you run condi. So where in this formula does it allow for your skills to hit for more thwn 1k crits when your power it self is below 2k. We are also not taking into consideration armor rating. Were also not even mentioning the fact that i as a fa core ele will probably have protection on me makeing what little power hits you do, do even less damage if its not corrupted immediately by any number of ur insta cast corruption skills. The playing field has been made alittle more even with this recent balance patch on feb 6.

This is what i run...http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhUMokhNOwnB8RMIBY1ToJcEkFQAoCS9gVQNA-jJxHQBA4EAMyyASY/Bl9AAAA

not an ounce of stability for the endless 15 second fears a scourge can do. Imo necro can fear to much now. Befor pof fear was a specialty that was used with staff 5 strategicly now you have fears going off every 15 seconds with f5 and way way more id the enemy team has more them 1 necro in the fight.

May i ask you about your build? is that a wvw build? is it with weaver? i only got tempest.

I'm working myself to get some gear for wvw ele.

@Axl.8924 said:

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:I play core ele fa sc/f sc/d maurder/avatar ammy. I only pvp. Tempest is a waist of time for dps purposes and weaver you get caught out of survivability rotaions to often on sc/f/d so that is worthless to me as well...i still dont underatand your point. You dont run ferocity to increase ur crit damage, you do run percision to get crit hits. You dont run power because you run condi. So where in this formula does it allow for your skills to hit for more thwn 1k crits when your power it self is below 2k. We are also not taking into consideration armor rating. Were also not even mentioning the fact that i as a fa core ele will probably have protection on me makeing what little power hits you do, do even less damage if its not corrupted immediately by any number of ur insta cast corruption skills. The playing field has been made alittle more even with this recent balance patch on feb 6.

This is what i run...

May i ask you about your build? is that a wvw build? is it with weaver? i only got tempest.

I'm working myself to get some gear for wvw ele.

Well if you clicked on the link and veiwed each menu you would notice its a pvp build core ele. Also if u read the 1st few words of the post ull see the words core fa ele.

Asking such a question also makes me wonder about your credibility for this argument...like you just know 1/2 of what your saying and you dont see the full picture of what the other classes got at there disposal vs your necro. This entire convo is about pvp right? Itis in the pvp section so please leave wvw and pve ideals outa here.

time to end the nerf train. It hasn't worked yet. Its time for a new approach to balancing PVP. Start by making other specs more viable in PVP. Follow that with buffing classes that are week up to the level of those that are the current flavor of the month. Seems like all the nerf does is rotate the meta, right now the new classes are the most powerful in most classes case. I would like to see time spent on other areas of each class like buffing classes that are played less often in PvP like the Ele. Another example would be to buff the line for Guardian in spirit weapons. NO one has ever really used this line in PvP or Pve for that matter. Find out what the top classes and specs are and build the others up to that level. Please stop the neft train! Stay Frosty!

@"Axl.8924" said:your rather rude edd.I'm not used to pvping as a ele ok? i spend most of my time pvping as a necro.I rarely pvp on ele..

I'm just trying to be friendly find out how that build works for you in WVW.

Im not trting to be rude at all, im sorry if it comes out like that....im just trying to understand this topic and give appropriate feed back to your debating....

As far as wvw goes i have a way tankier and way way harder hitting fa core ele in wvw then i do in pvp. This is my wvw solo roaming build...http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhUMokhNOwnB8RMIBY1ToJcEoewKoGILgAQFE-jlyHABDpUa5HAQ7qE8u6OrpDoHlNAcCA4QLQ47PwkSQSBExyI-w

When attuning to air and having full stack of cruelty i have alittle over 250% ferocity and with at least 10 stack of might whitch is easy to maintain i got over 2600 power. About 2700 def with rock barrier active. I wouldnt really use this build in zerg fights as it is mostly single target dps.

You actually have exactly the gear i want and need for WVW on my ele.

As for the topic what drafigo said is true, but that also goes for nerfing necros even more which nerfs into the ground, to the point where they are free kills in pvp and useless in pve.

Archived