Playing Guild Wars 2 on Linux - Performance optimizations and more.

4 minutes ago, Spirit PL.3458 said:

I changed dxvk from 1.10.1 to 1.10.2 and it fixed the issue.

I am already using 1.10.2, and switching to .1 didn't work either. Which distro are you using?

I tried deactivating more options and such, in my case switching from default wine (Lutris-GE_proton .... ) to Lutris fshack 7.2 made it work

Edited by Nymthalas.4019
Made it work

4 minutes ago, Spirit PL.3458 said:

I've been running 1.10.2 for a few days now before putting it into a new release. Unfortunately I still get the same issue with it.

I've also disabled dxvk entirely and still getting same error.

In terminal I noticed the following line too which I hadn't seen before:

0180:fixme:cryptasn:CRYPT_GetBuiltinDecoder Unsupported decoder for lpszStructType 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.2.1.4
0180:fixme:cryptasn:CRYPT_GetBuiltinDecoder Unsupported decoder for lpszStructType 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.2.1.

8 minutes ago, Spirit PL.3458 said:

Not for me. I already had 1.10.2. Switching to *.1 didn't help (not that I expected it to anyway).

As a test I disabled DXVK. The launcher gave me an error message about WinXP Service Pack 2 or better and started downloading. A lot. Still waiting for it to complete... but while it didn't crash immediately I don't expect this to solve or just to improve the situation... 😕

8 minutes ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

I am already using 1.10.2, and switching to .1 didn't work either. Which distro are you using?

I tried deactivating more options and such, in my case switching from default wine (Lutris-GE_proton .... ) to Lutris fshack 7.2 made it work

I'm on manjaro and I'm using Wine-GE-Proton7-21

I tried switching back to 1.10.1 and it crashed in launcher.

I switch to 1.10.2 and it works.

12 minutes ago, garpu.6210 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/w2wqc8/linux_crash_since_update/

Wow.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.  For some proton works, others it doesn't.  For some dxvk 1.10.1 works, others it doesn't.  working WINE versions seem to be all over the place from 7.0 on up.

The toolkit they used might just be unstable. It likely has some kind of bug like memory corruption that goes unnoticed on Windows which has less protections, which would cause its function to appear RNG on Linux depending on various hardware and software combinations (and luck).

I say this because the errors you get make absolutely no sense, and seem very much like its just broken. I could be wrong, and it might genuinely be a Wine bug, but its worked fine until now.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Sad 1

Same Crash here. Currently trying to reinstall it manually (Debian 11.4 / Lutris 0.5.10) with lutris-7.2-2-x86-64.

lutris-fshack-7.2-x86-64 crashes. lutris-GE-Proton7-1-x86-64 and lutris-GE-Proton7-16-x86-64 crashing too.

Update:

It runs with lutris-7.2-2-x86-64. No crashes till now in the trading post window...

Edits:

Corrected the Lutris version number, fixed typos

Edited by RaogarRentus.2097

So far I've tried:

Vanilla Wine 7.13

Vanilla Wine 7.13 + Staging

Lutris-Wine-7.2 (custom build provided by Lutris team)

This is on a Debian 9 system (it's old but worked fine prior to this update).

The issue seems to be very hit or miss.

To ANet devs: If you're reading this, it would help us Linux users a huge deal if you revert the CoherentUI update.

Edited by ArmoredVehicle.2849

1 minute ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Its some kind of threading problem (missing a lock somewhere?). Using dxvk-async partially fixes it, but that seems to be more of a workaround to a bug than a true fix.

Can you try searching for an item in the BLTC? maybe some jade bot core or whatever.

It always crashes for me in this step, even it doesn't crash when login in.

6 minutes ago, eridani.4158 said:

Can you try searching for an item in the BLTC? maybe some jade bot core or whatever.

It always crashes for me in this step, even it doesn't crash when login in.

The Trading Post is completely broken on Linux even if you manage to get the game running. All the current workarounds only allow the game to launch and not use the TP, Guild Hall UI, etc.

Even if it works at first, players report it crashing after several minutes or just randomly.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1