Kill Ten Rats reference Achievement

Hi, many of you know about the new achievement that consists of finding Ravious' 10 rats around Lion's Arch. The "quest" is in reference to the blog Kill Ten Rats, here's an extract from their "about" section

This site is forever dedicated to the memory of our good friend and an amazing person, father and husband: Zach “Ravious” Best. You will always live on in our hearts. Please consider making a donation in his honor to Child's Play Charity/ . Thank you!

Here's their websiteKill Ten Rats

While I'm at it, I encourage people to make a donation to their cause, Child's Play Charity, you can find all about it on the link above in the quote.

Thank you ANet!

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Wait... what?

You speak to an NPC named Ravious in Lions Arch then find his 10 lost rats. Get some AP and karma as a reward.

I get that but I don’t understand what this person is saying? Someone died?

Yes. A guy named Zach Best, nicknamed Ravious, who worked at the blog site Kill Ten Rats. The nickname is why it’s Ravious’ rats and the name of the blog site is why it’s 10 rats. He died of cancer at the age of 36.

This site is forever dedicated to the memory of our good friend and an amazing person, father and husband: Zach “Ravious” Best. You will always live on in our hearts. Please consider making a donation in his honor to Child's Play Charity/ . Thank you!

That is a truly magical story and worthy of my coin any day of the week.I wish this achievement was broadcast by ANET a little louder tbh, I only heard of it via a random post here a few days back.. now with this additional information.. puts so much more perspective into reasons for gaming and worthy causes.I lost my wife 11 years ago last month - she was far too young.Playing an age old MMO (DDO ) with my long time online and real life friends in our Misfits & Mercenaries Guild made the experience just that little bit easier to get through and my 2 kids who are now just hitting mid to late teens also know how important those people have been.. some of which play here with me still all those years later.

/kneels to Ravious

Just wanted to post a thank you to Anet for their on-going recognition and support of those in the community who blog, post guides and give their support to the game. The Ravious collection and the conversation dialog are a really thoughtful tribute to Zach and his work. The final dialog "Safe travels Ravious" brought a tear to my eye. The fact that you invest development time into these types of tributes is one of the reasons why I keep playing this game. While we in the community may grumble and exclaim the devs do not care (when we disagree with changes or direction of the game), it is clear from these types of tributes that you do, in-fact care about the community of players and appreciate the work done externally in support of your game.

Archived