Add Karma Points To Currency Exchange For Gold

This was just a thought and not a troll or anything, but how many players would love to see a Karma to Gold exchange and what's your opinion of a fair exchange?

Given Karma isn't something you gain by the thousands at a time, I believe a far exchange would be something like, 1 gold per 3000 Karma.

Giving players another way to make gold in-game besides hours of boring farming would only make players enjoy the game more. Personally, I do nothing with Karma. I find it a some what weak currency by itself, so adding it as a gold exchange would only give Karma more value in-game.

They did, it's called the Lost Orrian Jewelry Box and is available from a variety of karma vendors in Orr.

The gold conversion you suggest is several times more generous than the widely used karma conversions currently in the game.

The jewelry boxes are a bit too crappy now that the liquid karma isn't affected by boosters, but that's the mechanism to use if they want to encourage dumping karma wholesale again.

@Linken.6345 said:Yes I could use a way to convert my 19M karma to gold easier, Im probabely not that high to some of the other people out there.What the OP is asking for will destroy the economy in the game tbh.

The efficiency site has someone in the 80 million range and you can see the percentages of users who are over several million (17 mil myself, my wife dwarfs that at 38). In any case, a direct conversion means a lot of us would probably do an exchange and, like you said, hose the economy by pumping in so much gold at once.

@"Horace.3184" said:how many players would love to see a Karma to Gold exchange?Is there any player ever in any game that doesn't want more ways to accumulate gold?

and what's your opinion of a fair exchange?ANet's already established many ways to exchange karma to gold: https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/karmaHighlights & omissions include

• Wintersday Gifts, at a rate of anywhere from 1s per 1000 karma to 11-12s, depending on how many gifts and the market value.
  • Orrian Jewelery Boxes: 1s/kKarma; this is by the far the least effort method, except in December
  • Mystic Forging various types of karma vendor gear: 2s-7s/kK
  • Beaded weapons: theoretically 10-20s/kK
  • Pact Scout's Mapping Materials, bought six per day, used on whatever map offers the best gold values
  • Buy trade keys from heart vendors is worth about 10-25s/kK, if you have trade contracts to burn. (The best rate is from Cowrie caches, about 18s on average.)

Given Karma isn't something you gain by the thousands at a time,In fact, there are many ways to gain thousands of karma at a time.

I believe a far exchange would be something like, 1 gold per 3000 Karma.That's a rate of 33 silver per 1000 karma, which is over 30 times the benchmark "worst" and at least double the theoretical best case scenario (which isn't realistic for large amounts of karma). In other words, as others have said, it's too generous.

Giving players another way to make gold in-game besides hours of boring farming would only make players enjoy the game more. Personally, I do nothing with Karma. I find it a some what weak currency by itself, so adding it as a gold exchange would only give Karma more value in-game.Just because you have no use for karma doesn't mean it lacks value. And it certainly doesn't mean it's good for the game to make conversion rates more generous than they already are.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Just because you have no use for karma doesn't mean it lacks value.

That's more or less the definition of value, though.

On an individual level, yes. On a game-wide level however, since there are ways to liquidate Karma into gold (both low-efficiency relatively direct ways and higher-efficiency more tedious ways) it can't really be valueless.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Just because you have no use for karma doesn't mean it lacks value.

That's more or less the definition of value, though.

On an individual level, yes. On a game-wide level however, since there are ways to liquidate Karma into gold (both low-efficiency relatively direct ways and higher-efficiency more tedious ways) it can't really be valueless.

Eh, @Svarty.8019 is right that I should have been more careful with my phrasing.

How about:

Just because you have no use for karma doesn't mean it lacks value to others or to the community generally.

Let's not lose the main point, though: figuring out a fair rate of exchange isn't something that any one of us (or even a large subset) can determine on our own. ANet has to look at the entire economy, the entire community, and consider what's best for the game, not what any of us think would be nice or convenient.

Archived