Give Druid and Pets Their Damage Back

shadowpass.4236

@Meteor.3720 said:

@Rufo.3716 said:So the actual player has to kill stuff now instead of just sitting there healing themselves. Wow, who would have thought players would actually have to kill things themselves. And FYI pet dmg is still over the top. Druid is a HEALING spec and shouldn't be able to put out much damage.

I mean so is weaver but it still nukes a point.

Weaver is a bruiser, and it doesn't nuke a point. Sword weaver doesn't hit hard at all, and glass weaver is single target and squishy af.

Sage.

Holo is a damage spec but its as tanky as a Druid.

Nice joke. Druid has far greater sustain and tankiness than Holo.

Prot holo.

Mesmer literally has everything + utility.

Druid still has greater sustain and team sustain.

Okay, but Mesmer is far more dominant on sides and way ahead in every other aspect.

Druid is just a potato right now. It literally does nothing except self heal.

Stop with this please. Druid doesn't only self-heal - and if that's all you can do with it then you're playing wrong. They still have great 1v1 potential (even greater with longbow), great node holding, good team support, good mobility etc etcThe fact that you complain druid doesn't have as much dps as mesmer/holo/thief shows that you just want the spec to be ridiculously OP - insane sustain and healing + top damage? Nice joke.Druid wasn't meant to be a dps spec. It was meant to be a support spec. It finally is.

A Druid's 1v1 potential is fairly garbage. The only reason you'd run Druid competitively is if the player is really good at not dying. Why is it hard to kill? Because it only self-heals.

Stop whining.

Druid even before the most recent round of nerfs was already considered trash tier in competitive play. It's in an even worse spot now.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Rufo.3716 said:So the actual player has to kill stuff now instead of just sitting there healing themselves. Wow, who would have thought players would actually have to kill things themselves. And FYI pet dmg is still over the top. Druid is a HEALING spec and shouldn't be able to put out much damage.

Weaver is a bruiser, and it doesn't nuke a point. Sword weaver doesn't hit hard at all, and glass weaver is single target and squishy af.

Sage.

I know. Sage still hits like a paper towel, unless you can't dodge churning earth or firegrab.

Prot holo.

Druid is still superior. Prot holo is dependant on boons, druid isn't. And the 3 sec -50% damage is hardly insurmountable.

Okay, but Mesmer is far more dominant on sides and way ahead in every other aspect.

That's literally my point. Different classes have different roles and strengths. A class shouldn't be able to do everything (which is apparently what you want druid to do). Druid is still viable and competitive.

Stop with this please. Druid doesn't only self-heal - and if that's all you can do with it then you're playing wrong. They still have great 1v1 potential (even greater with longbow), great node holding, good team support, good mobility etc etcThe fact that you complain druid doesn't have as much dps as mesmer/holo/thief shows that you just want the spec to be ridiculously OP - insane sustain and healing + top damage? Nice joke.Druid wasn't meant to be a dps spec. It was meant to be a support spec. It finally is.

A Druid's 1v1 potential is fairly garbage. The only reason you'd run Druid competitively is if the player is really good at
not
dying. Why is it hard to kill? Because it only self-heals.

Nice joke. You clearly haven't met any druids who actually know what they're doing.

Stop whining.

Druid even before the most recent round of nerfs was already considered trash tier in competitive play. It's in an even worse spot now.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.DRUID. TRASH TIER.Jeez ...

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Did this many people really die to staff autos lmfao? People so salty towards a no damage, mediocre support spec like druid xD

Druid offense has been nerfed, healing in CA has been nerfed, CA has had it's CD disgustingly increased again. Get over it and l2p

Nobody ever died to staff auto. Not entirely sure why that particular skill got nerfed.

If you want actual damage instead of just having the ability to tank a point for an increasingly short duration, roll a Soulbeast these days.Or play down in the wood league where players are actually hit by your pets.

~ Kovu

I believe that skill got nerfed because it contributed to their CA pool.

The amount of damage dealt doesn't contribute to the amount of Astral Force generated.

The staff auto nerf was a nerf just for the sake of nerfing something. I'm not going to sit here and say Druid nerfs weren't needed, but ANet took their classic approach of double nerfing things on top of just blanket nerfing things.

It's like using a shotgun to kill a fly, and unfortunately that's their balance approach with every class (except mesmer/elites apparently, though I can't even tell if it's actually super strong of if the visual clutter is outplaying everyone).

@shadowpass.4236 said:Ranger feels insanely watered down right now. Everything since HoT has either been doubled in cooldown or halved in effectiveness.

Our pets hit for literally nothing compared to the PoF specs and we don't have as much:

1. Utility/Damage/Mobility/Survivability as a mesmer
  2. Damage/Mobility as a thief
  3. Damage/Survivability/Utility as an engi

Like what do we have? CA has been nerfed so much all we can hope to do is stalemate a fight. And if you can't stalemate, you'll die because druid can't kill anything. We used to have a cool rez mechanic with SnR but that got nerfed to potato-ness. We used to have good damage and healing. But we don't have anything more and now ranger is in an awkward place because it literally does NOTHING.

And this is precisely why I brought up counters to Druid before, and to encourage players to utilize said counters and practice...

The LCD in this game constantly complains about things that are hard, yet they are not willing to research counters, change their builds, practice... and then we finally get to the point where the devs keep gutting specs and not making improvements.

I’m not saying you, but do you know how many misinformed players cried “nerf op Druid”, that didn’t even have a fundamental understanding of the spec? Ranger was crap. Druid was not a free kill anymore and players couldn’t handle it... Let’s look as some paraphrased complaints (won’t mention names) about Druid that brings us to a state of hollowing out...

Yes these are real...

Thief player that runs a 0 toughness build... “Druid Staff auto hits for like 7k, omg nerf”.

Bunker scrapper in spvp... “I can’t kill bunker Druid, Druid bunker can’t kill me, so nerf Druid”.

Ranger player... “Condis have been nerfed so we need to nerf Druid protection”.

Those above quotes are just the tip of the iceberg, but I’m sure you get it...

Again, not saying you, but this game has the least competitive minded players. Many of which don’t even bother making any effort to learn about the game, just over embellish and expect the developers to nerf stuff so they don’t have to make any changes...

What with this thread?....seriously ranger has never been in a better place in the game than ever before, it's currently one of the top classes in all game modes and I say this as a ranger main with over 2k hrs, as a ranger enthusiast and multiclass I can say this to rangers in this thread .....go play ele/rev in pvp then come back and try to tell me again that druid needs help...like I dare you to play an ele or rev in pvp

@Meteor.3720 said:

@"Rufo.3716" said:So the actual player has to kill stuff now instead of just sitting there healing themselves. Wow, who would have thought players would actually have to kill things themselves. And FYI pet dmg is still over the top. Druid is a HEALING spec and shouldn't be able to put out much damage.

Sage.

I know. Sage still hits like a paper towel, unless you can't dodge churning earth or firegrab.

Primordial Stance + Lava Skin.

Prot holo.

Druid is still superior. Prot holo is dependant on boons, druid isn't. And the 3 sec -50% damage is hardly insurmountable.

?

I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

Druid is dependent on boons as well, protection most of all. Prot Holo may be dependent on boons, but it can still maintain most of them (including stability), indefinitely (unlike Druid). A Prot Holo has a winning matchup against a Druid on point because it has more pressure, cc, and cannot be knocked off because the Corona triggers stab on our pet every time.

That's literally my point. Different classes have different roles and strengths. A class shouldn't be able to do everything (which is apparently what you want druid to do). Druid is still viable and competitive.

Portal alone makes mesmer extremely dominant. The fact that it is stronger in nearly every other aspect makes it the most favorable pick for any comp.

A Druid's 1v1 potential is fairly garbage. The only reason you'd run Druid competitively is if the player is really good at
not

Nice joke. You clearly haven't met any druids who actually know what they're doing.

Clearly.

Stop whining.

That's why holos and mesmers dominated side points in the most recent monthly.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Rufo.3716" said:So the actual player has to kill stuff now instead of just sitting there healing themselves. Wow, who would have thought players would actually have to kill things themselves. And FYI pet dmg is still over the top. Druid is a HEALING spec and shouldn't be able to put out much damage.

Sage.

Prot holo.

?

Druid is dependent on boons as well, protection most of all. Prot Holo may be dependent on boons, but it can still maintain most of them (including stability), indefinitely (unlike Druid). A Prot Holo has a winning matchup against a Druid on point because it has more pressure, cc, and cannot be knocked off because the Corona triggers stab on our pet every time.

Portal alone makes mesmer extremely dominant. The fact that it is stronger in nearly every other aspect makes it the most favorable pick for any comp.

not

Stop whining.

I'm just gonna stop because you're going nowhere.You should look at the general tone of this thread to realise that 1) you're in the wrong and 2) druid is perfectly viable.

Also I just can't resist.BUT REALLY? YOU THINK LAVA SKIN AND PRIMORDIAL STANCE MAKES WEAVER HIT HARD AND "NUKE A POINT"?! jfc

@Meteor.3720 said:

Sage.

Prot holo.

?

not

Stop whining.

I'm just gonna stop because you're going nowhere.You should look at the general tone of this thread to realise that 1) you're in the wrong and 2) druid is perfectly viable.

Also I just can't resist.BUT REALLY? YOU THINK LAVA SKIN AND PRIMORDIAL STANCE MAKES WEAVER HIT HARD AND "NUKE A POINT"?! jfc

Weaver has extremely strong counterpressure if someone overextends/can't leave point.

Of course, I'm talking with someone who thinks that Churning Earth and Fire Grab are the only skills you have to avoid against a Weaver. LUL

Nerf Mesmer and Druid will be fine. I don't know why you're so adamant about Druid buffs when it's just Mesmer blowing side noding way off balance. There are classes in far worse positions AKA everything else in Hot besides chrono and daredevil. Druid is in a good spot where classes better than it AKA mostly Mesmer should be brought down and specs that are worse(AKA rev, dh, berserker, scrapper, tempest, and reaper) should be brought up. No more powercreep for the love of god.

Theres no reason to give back pet damage..now ranger is inline with most of the other classes, you all are just whingeing because your not used to the changes....play it for a few weeks and youll relize its really just fine as is now in compairision to other classes and there dps when going heal mode or dps.

I main weaver fa ele sc/f and the 30% nerf to dps hurts me so badly. Now i leave nearly all my enemys with 10-30% hp and they are able to either eacape me or last long enough for me to be + and die. Im not complaining at all

The fact that a ai pet could do 1/2 the enemys damage was unfair and unrealistic when zed ranger was going heal bot him self....i feel the pet ahould share the same stats as the player, if the players running zerk run then the pwt will be zerk damage type, and if the player ia running mending and nit doing damage him aelf neither should the pet.

@Arheundel.6451 said:What with this thread?....seriously ranger has never been in a better place in the game than ever before, it's currently one of the top classes in all game modes and I say this as a ranger main with over 2k hrs, as a ranger enthusiast and multiclass I can say this to rangers in this thread .....go play ele/rev in pvp then come back and try to tell me again that druid needs help...like I dare you to play an ele or rev in pvp

This guy knows whats up.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Sage.

Prot holo.

?

not

Stop whining.

Weaver has extremely strong counterpressure if someone overextends/can't leave point.

Of course, I'm talking with someone who thinks that Churning Earth and Fire Grab are the only skills you have to avoid against a Weaver. LUL

What do you against ranged pressure on weaver? Do pls explain us...like from mesmers or scourge with perma cripple...do pls tell us or even better show us a video

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Sage.

Prot holo.

?

not

Stop whining.

What do you against ranged pressure on weaver? Do pls explain us...like from mesmers or scourge with perma cripple...do pls tell us or even better show us a video

Just watch the scrims from yesterday. They were streamed on twitch. Rar was on Sage Weaver.

For the record, if a Weaver is 1v1ing a Scourge in an actual match, they're doing something wrong. If they are in the same fight, the Weaver would also have the backup of his Scourge and Firebrand, and the enemy Scourge would also have a Firebrand for support.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Sage.

Prot holo.

?

not

Stop whining.

What i do is run focus and i got obsidian flesh amd magnetic wave but against more then 1 ranged pressure its not enough. Thats where team mates come in the calculations to help with the pressure. In 1v1 my weaver fa sc/f is strong enough for almost any encounter....what i do have peoblems with is tanky wars tanky friebrands, Aoe condi scrourges are a real problem

Archived