The Predator I, legendary crafting collection requires pact sniper rifle from HoT

I am trying to do the legendary crafting for the Predator.In the first collection, the 13th item is called "Pact Sniper Rifle", which seems to be only found in HoT area.I only purchased the PoF expansion, so is there no why to finish this collection to proceed crafting the predator?

I know HoT is great content, but i am not really into the jungle stuff so i don't really plan to buy it now...I find it a bit strange for central tyria related collection/mastery to require HoT...

Is there anyway around it?

:(I'm a returning player, before i been playing gw2 for at least 1 year on daily basis, doing many event as possible and thrown away tones of rare and exotic weapons into the forge, but i never gotten a single precursor weapon drop... so when i started playing again few weeks ago i was really happy to see this legendary crafting collection thing so i can get the precursor weapon without relying on luck or gold, but now....guess i never get one

@Myeon.5460 said::(I'm a returning player, before i been playing gw2 for at least 1 year on daily basis, doing many event as possible and thrown away tones of rare and exotic weapons into the forge, but i never gotten a single precursor weapon drop... so when i started playing again few weeks ago i was really happy to see this legendary crafting collection thing so i can get the precursor weapon without relying on luck or gold, but now....guess i never get one

Just buy The Hunter from TP, predator is a very cool legendary rifle, much better than the boat cannon imo.

Or buy HoT, it is a worthy expansion, especially gliding.

Crafting precursors and the first bunch of the new generation of legendary weapons requires HoT as this was a feature marketed with that expansion. It was only recently that Anet made it so that those with only the PoF expansion could craft the second generation of legendary weapons that were not tied to a collection.

@Myeon.5460 said::(I'm a returning player, before i been playing gw2 for at least 1 year on daily basis, doing many event as possible and thrown away tones of rare and exotic weapons into the forge, but i never gotten a single precursor weapon drop... so when i started playing again few weeks ago i was really happy to see this legendary crafting collection thing so i can get the precursor weapon without relying on luck or gold, but now....guess i never get one

Crafting is 50g more expensive than buying ...

@Khisanth.2948 said:

people always say things are too expensive, or costs more vs buying... unless you are impatient, farm for the materials needed, the cost is nothing but time. my first bolt i bought pre off the tp, my second i crafted over time, gathering the materials (yes, gathering, not buying), taking my time(ok, i got impatient at the end and was tired of time gated ascended materials, bought like 5 deldrimor ingots to finish). Even now, hoping for an awesome legendary longbow, when i get bored, i go farm wood. will i be in a hurry when the new longbow comes? most likely and will want it done asap and will buy the mats needed, but it'll be less then buying all of it from scratch.

The Wiki is a great source for all things GW2. If you will notice, this page shows it is Heart of Thorns content: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Predator_I:_The_Experimental_Rifle

It's unfortunate you were not aware before, but in the future, it's best to check the Wiki before undertaking anything that may be costly or time-intensive.

Good luck.

@preacher.9370 said:

people always say things are too expensive, or costs more vs buying... unless you are impatient, farm for the materials needed, the cost is nothing but time. my first bolt i bought pre off the tp, my second i crafted over time, gathering the materials (yes, gathering, not buying), taking my time(ok, i got impatient at the end and was tired of time gated ascended materials, bought like 5 deldrimor ingots to finish). Even now, hoping for an awesome legendary longbow, when i get bored, i go farm wood. will i be in a hurry when the new longbow comes? most likely and will want it done asap and will buy the mats needed, but it'll be less then buying all of it from scratch.

No, the precursor is 50g more expensive to craft even if using buy orders and crafting daily cooldowns yourself. The same gathering you suggest doing will get you the precursor faster by selling the gathered materials, especially as you can sell via Sell Order, thus getting more gold for your materials.

On top of that, there are account-bound materials and currencies you'll need when crafting it yourself, such as Geodes.

So the basic advice is: compare prices and look at the collection.

• If looking to minimize cost, buy unless crafting is drastically cheaper, since the time to gather the gold will be less than doing the collection.
  • If the collection seems interesting, look at the price difference - is it worth it? (Entirely personal, no one can judge that for you)

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:The Wiki is a great source for all things GW2. If you will notice, this page shows it is Heart of Thorns content: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Predator_I:_The_Experimental_Rifle

It's unfortunate you were not aware before, but in the future, it's best to check the Wiki before undertaking anything that may be costly or time-intensive.

Good luck.

In all fairness, someone buying the game and having access to the collections, should not have to relay on wiki to find out that the content is then locked behind something they didn't buy, if the content is locked behind ( HoT in this case ) then the collection should reflect that ingame, and not allow the person to start it, that is just bad marketing and design on Anets behalf there,

They should change the collections so that if you need an expansion you don't have, the collections cannot be started, or add an NPC to LA that can sell these items to you.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:The Wiki is a great source for all things GW2. If you will notice, this page shows it is Heart of Thorns content: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Predator_I:_The_Experimental_Rifle

Good luck.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

In all fairness, someone buying the game and having access to the collections, should not have to relay on wiki to find out that the content is then locked behind something they didn't buy, if the content is locked behind ( HoT in this case ) then the collection should reflect that ingame, and not allow the person to start it, that is just bad marketing and design on Anets behalf there,

They should change the collections so that if you need an expansion you don't have, the collections cannot be started, or add an NPC to LA that can sell these items to you.

Thanks, i was already using the wiki, but i didn't check every single item...It's as Ok said, i find it strange to have collection unlocked yet locked behind another purchase.

But if it's just 50g more expansive ill probably buy from TP. (recently broke from buying the griffon haha) it's just i really find finishing the collection kind of fun similar to getting the griffon compare to pure grinding for material or gold.

Anyway thanks everyone for the comment!

@Myeon.5460 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:The Wiki is a great source for all things GW2. If you will notice, this page shows it is Heart of Thorns content:

Good luck.

Thanks, i was already using the wiki, but i didn't check every single item...It's as Ok said, i find it strange to have collection unlocked yet locked behind another purchase.

But if it's just 50g more expansive ill probably buy from TP. (recently broke from buying the griffon haha) it's just i really find finishing the collection kind of fun similar to getting the griffon compare to pure grinding for material or gold.

It's actually 405g on the TP if you place a buy order and 455g to craft right now.

@"Myeon.5460" said:I am trying to do the legendary crafting for the Predator.In the first collection, the 13th item is called "Pact Sniper Rifle", which seems to be only found in HoT area.I only purchased the PoF expansion, so is there no why to finish this collection to proceed crafting the predator?

I know HoT is great content, but i am not really into the jungle stuff so i don't really plan to buy it now...I find it a bit strange for central tyria related collection/mastery to require HoT...

Is there anyway around it?That's an unfortunate consequence of devs working then around the assumption that HoT will be bundled with any future expansions. Unfortunately, Anet seem to have changed their mind on this one before releasing PoF, but noone actually went back to fix all the problems this change in marketing strategy (and basic design assumptions) caused.That means the legendary crafting mastery for core legendaries is available to PoF players that don't have HoT, but that some of the collections for some of the precursors (not only predator) do still require HoT access.

@Myeon.5460 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:The Wiki is a great source for all things GW2. If you will notice, this page shows it is Heart of Thorns content:

Good luck.

@"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

If you like the collections then by all means do that instead but regardless of whether you sell the materials for gold or use the materials directly it is doing basically the same.

Simply put your previous statement of "i can get the precursor weapon without relying on luck or gold" is not correct at all. The materials you use still has value. If sold they would be around 427g(this is lower than the previously mentioned amount due to the listing fees and taxes). Not enough for instant buy but more than the current buy order.

The third collections also requires 3 events that are frequently broken so that is another thing to consider as well. This probably depends on how much of a hurry you are in complete it. Even if you encounter those bugs it is possible to get around with enough waiting.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

Good luck.

To be fair, that's the directions most recent MMO's I've played are moving. It's the direction dictated by market conditions, not the game companies. It's not great, but it is accessible to all players and is much more expansive in information that breaking immersion by having people read manuals ingame while playing it.

On the other hand, as a decision, I thought it rather dumb Anet locked some of the new legendaries behind HoT (and now PoF) content, ESPECIALLY if you can't purchase those legendary weapons like the Mk I can be.

Archived