PoF annoying raptor movement sounds + everyone looks the same

MrChaos.8602

Hi,does anyone else find the sounds while moving with raptor a little bit tedious after a while?Basically its like: "gallop, gallop, swooosch, gallop, gallop, swooosch, gallop, gallop, swooosch"That jumping-swooosch is really giving me a headache.

Additionally I don't understand why you can't customize the looks of your mounts.Now everyone looks the same -.-

I would like to know all of your opinions on this.Those two points made the game quite a lot worse in my eyes.

I like the mounts, the sounds are not that bad, just pay less attention to them and enjoy the scenery. I would like to dye my raptor though. :D It's true though, when everyone's on a raptor, everyone looks pretty much the same. The camera zooms out a bit and you can't distinguish armor or characters mounting the raptors, while the raptors themselves are all the same color.

But i'm pretty sure there's gonna be a gemstore item that lets you change your mount or its color soon so don't worry. You'll just have to pay cash for it.It would be great if they let us dye the mounts a bit like we can with the vanilla glider. Doesn't have to be amazing, just one color change.

@Veprovina.4876 said:I like the mounts, the sounds are not that bad, just pay less attention to them and enjoy the scenery. I would like to dye my raptor though. :D It's true though, when everyone's on a raptor, everyone looks pretty much the same. The camera zooms out a bit and you can't distinguish armor or characters mounting the raptors, while the raptors themselves are all the same color.

But i'm pretty sure there's gonna be a gemstore item that lets you change your mount or its color soon so don't worry. You'll just have to pay cash for it.It would be great if they let us dye the mounts a bit like we can with the vanilla glider. Doesn't have to be amazing, just one color change.

You can already dye mounts.

Open the Hero Panel, go to the dyes tab and there's a button at the top to switch between your characters dyes and the mount dyes. The raptor only has 1 dye channel which only affects the top half, I'm not sure about the others because I've not unlocked them yet.

I've spent ages trying to choose just the right shade of purple for my raptor. It's a bit frustrating that the base colour is dark so a lot of colours look washed out, but I've found that using the dyes which are normally too bright works well.

@Veprovina.4876 said:I like the mounts, the sounds are not that bad, just pay less attention to them and enjoy the scenery. I would like to dye my raptor though. :D It's true though, when everyone's on a raptor, everyone looks pretty much the same. The camera zooms out a bit and you can't distinguish armor or characters mounting the raptors, while the raptors themselves are all the same color.

You can currently dye your mount. Go to your dye menu, and at the top where your preview pane is, there are two icons. One is your equipment, and the other is your mount. Happy dyeing! (no pun intended)

@Danikat.8537 said:

You can already dye mounts.

Open the Hero Panel, go to the dyes tab and there's a button at the top to switch between your characters dyes and the mount dyes. The raptor only has 1 dye channel which only affects the top half, I'm not sure about the others because I've not unlocked them yet.

I've spent ages trying to choose just the right shade of purple for my raptor. It's a bit frustrating that the base colour is dark so a lot of colours look washed out, but I've found that using the dyes which are normally too bright works well.

I didn't see that lol, i'll have to check again. Thanks!Well if i can dye my mounts, i'm fine. I don't need more customisation options. :D

@Essence Snow.3194 said:I did find it odd that raptors have what sounds to be a horse gallop sound to them. Considering that they do not have hooves, I wonder what would make that sound?

Noticed this too. Very strange.

Thanks for the changing colour tip. That's at least something. I'm still hoping that variety increases as soon as everyone has every mount.

@Samnang.1879 said:I'm sure in the future, they will release more mounts in the gemstore? not sure.

But I actually like GW2 mounts, they don't just stand up, they sometimes lie down lol... idk it makes it a little more realistic and cute.

Haha yeah, the detail is great! For now all i have is the raptor (i have to do HoT story first, then i'll do PoF), and it's nice to see him sit down and your character petting him. Then the raptor does that dog thing with the leg lol.

As I do love the mounts, I do wish they had more than one dye per mount for even just a bit more customization. Maybe even customize every part of mount (like raptor for example with 4 dyes: base skin, skin pattern, claws/horns, harness). Nonetheless, I still love the mounts and look forward to seeing what skins for them we might get.

Archived