Pot of Soup

SNS.8713

It's not easy first, but I am shocked that some guys simply can't do this: it's not that this is really hard. You have to learn some tricks (always in line of sight and knowing throw distance/feel of the throw) and also where the items are and should not take more than 5-10 tries to accomplish.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:It's not easy first, but I am shocked that some guys simply can't do this: it's not that this is really hard. You have to learn some tricks (always in line of sight and knowing throw distance/feel of the throw) and also where the items are and should not take more than 5-10 tries to accomplish.

Lookee here, we got ourselves a learner! We don't take kindly to no learners round these parts. Don't need no Elitists telling us how to play! No Sir! :)

@Scud.5067 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:It's not easy first, but I am shocked that some guys simply can't do this: it's not that this is really hard. You have to learn some tricks (always in line of sight and knowing throw distance/feel of the throw) and also where the items are and should not take more than 5-10 tries to accomplish.

Lookee here, we got ourselves a learner! We don't take kindly to no learners round these parts. Don't need no Elitists telling us how to play! No Sir!
:)

That said, I try to stay realistic and state a fact if someone just isn't either willing to learn or not able to learn it. Not everyone is made for everything. So, I am sorry for my elitist undertone here.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Lookee here, we got ourselves a learner! We don't take kindly to no learners round these parts. Don't need no Elitists telling us how to play! No Sir!
:)

That said, I try to stay realistic and state a fact if someone just isn't either willing to learn or not able to learn it. Not everyone is made for everything. So, I am sorry for my elitist undertone here.

Sounds to me like you learned a lesson here... I guess you learners just don't learn... wait? What? ;)

I did this. Took a few goes and some kind soul with his new leggy great sword making the sky round him black to do. I think I can safety say it wouldn't be Guild wars without something annoying and yes I was losing the will to live but I got there.

• 1 month later...

I just give up on this one. I have tried it again and again, and I fail every time. The timer goes down way too fast and the Chef runs around so much it's so hard to throw the stuff at him. It would be better if he just stood still, but he spends so much time running around and I have to wait for him to stop to throw the stuff. It's impossible for me to get this mastery. Oh and not to mention the time spent running from one side of the room to another and then trying to find where the chef ran to after that.

@"Kasia.4573" said:I just give up on this one. I have tried it again and again, and I fail every time. The timer goes down way too fast and the Chef runs around so much it's so hard to throw the stuff at him.

I don't blame you. The running around, which is super-annoying, is deliberate, and part of the challenge. I eventually got it, but it took three tries before I lucked into getting stuff I could reach.

The advice I can offer is:

1. Activate a movement speed increase trait. On a necromancer, for example, Signet of the Locust gives +25% all the time, and makes a world of difference to being able to complete the task.
  2. Turn on "quick throw" and/or AoE on your target automatically, and see if they help you get things in the right place.
  3. Never, ever throw something unless he is standing still.

It is still really hard, don't get me wrong, so if you just skip it, that is actually OK. ANet deliberately put way more mastery points than needed into the game, so that you can skip the ones you hate, and you still get enough to get everything done. So, the only reason to force yourself through this is completionism; you don't need it in order to max out PoF masteries.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

First time posting to these forums.  Just bought the expansions yesterday. Got stuck on the mastery xp bar with the game giving zero explanation of what's going on.  Tried to get this mastery point and this "challenge" is bad design.

Should've literally had it done but the game decides not to register the last ingredient thrown while I still had a tick of timer left.  Every other run is just frustrating as hell.  The chef sometimes doesn't even announce an ingredient and just tells you that you failed.  Or you hit the chef with the food but it doesn't register that.   It's just sad, frustrating and stupid.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I can see why it was added. If it worked better, it would be a fun little mini game. But something about the layout of the space + registering ingredient impacts + the timing of the bar not quite matching expectations means that it's actually hair-tearing instead of entertaining.  They got it right in Grothmar, IMO.  I wish they'd go back and update this one. 

• Sad 1