Pot of Soup

SNS.8713

@MrRay.3027 said:Completed that in like 10 minutes of trying. Felt good afterwards.I think the chef should have a "baby option" to spoon feed people a mastery a day. Just sit in a toddler's chair and get the mastery.

Yes please! And make it change our outfits for 8 hrs to a diaper and a pacifier, and oh have it force a title like "Lamer" or something.

Seriously, I don't mind being insulted but hey if it means getting rid of the unfun stuff then I'm all for it :)

I've done this well over 50 times now and have gotten 10 ingredients several times and still haven't gotten it completed... I totally agree crap like this is just frustrating not fun! I'm losing exp because I can't progress because I cant' get mastery points and it has brought what I thought was going to be a fun expansion to a grinding frustrating halt...

@Darkstar.4596 said:4 things for easy mode

1. turn on all useable names
  2. turn on instant ground targeting
  3. use snap ground target
  4. keep him targeted

And try when it's not crowded.

I've tried with humans, charr, and asurans, with and without speed boosts but can't get close to completion.

Each time I throw he moves and I can't afford to wait until he stops to throw because then I'm on the the next item.

My solution would be to reduce the number of items needed to "capture," increase the time allowed, or regenerate the bar completely with each successful throw.

It's activities like this one that turn a great expansion into something extraordinarily delightful.But all it lasts is 10 steps, through perfect targeting mechanics and ambient dialog that's just too much fun.I really wish this one took us double the time, or the ingredients - or both! or could we please have this character-bound, instead?I don't mind a little fun task on the side, but this MP is the perfect balance between challenge and entertainment that's just beyond fun.

In all honesty, thanks devs for such a cool, unique touch on a mastery point - keep it up!

Agreed, extremely frustrating.

1) the timer seems to be global (I seemed to receive a brief pause in countdown after throwing him an ingredient, that was it), not reset or increased per ingredient, you have to complete the whole thing before the timer runs out, including most of your own transit time

2a) he spends more time in transit, running around, than there is time available on your entire (global) timer, which requires you to throw ingredients at a moving target

2b) hitting him while moving is almost impossible; for instance, even if you lead him properly, you have no idea (necessarily) where he is going, he can change direction while your throw is in transit; this would require his route/timing through the room to be memorized in microscopic/split-second detail by the player (over and above learning the locations of ingredients)

2c) throwing across/through ANY of the furniture in the room does not work, even a corner of a table, and lag affects this; you MUST have a clear target as far as the server is concerned, regardless of what you see on your client viewport, and if you lead him you have to all of this into account and hope he doesn't change direction to place furniture between himself and you

3) he asks for ingredients like "marinated salmon", which I could never find; throwing him the "shiverpeak salmon" resulted in "better luck next time", after which I ran out of time on multiple attempts trying to find "marinated salmon"... is it only intermittently present?

4) ingredient labels are not visible except during attempts; there is is no way to familiarize yourself with their locations except during an attempt

At least (almost?) all of the ingredients are always present, and do not change location from one attempt to another.

This would have been OK (more or less) as a an "adventure", along the lines of Verdant Brink "Shooting Gallery" (i.e. requiring hours of practice before even having a hope), but as a straight mastery point, IMO its really unpleasant.

Glad to hear there are plenty of mastery points. I will skip this one without a second thought.

I gave it 10 tries and just said f it. After a night in the saddle of a raptor and a kitten hippity hop, my motion headache was winding up and the camera moving in and out in that room sent me over the edge. I had to have my husband get his raptor across to the bunny farm and get his bunny, as I didn't have enough mastery points to train my raptor 3 (also a bit short on xp, but that was the easy part). Had to teleport to him to get one more MP so I could train canyon jumping. No way was I going to try to do this one.

The only thing I could gripe about (aside from lack of repeatability) is that he could be made to rotate less frequently as it takes time between a throw and ingredient landing, and he will often either start going to the next place while ingredient is mid-air and thus missing, or he will stand in place longer than expected and ingredient will end up on the floor because he was half a second too late in his rotation into that spot.

I also agree that having a fair amount of people will make that point that much more difficult. On the other hand as the bulk of people moved on with their story I don't see many people doing it no more, because as frustrating it may be to some, it's not that difficult and most of us that started at launch (to some success) did it and moved on to other maps altogether. it's account wide completion, so it's not like anyone will be going back there on their alts either.

[EDIT] I FOUND THE MISSING MASTER POINT AND NOW HAVE CANYON JUMPER.

Thank you to those who replied, and it seems, mostly agreed.

One point I want to add, is how this is now stopping me progressing in the game.

My Raptor is now at Mastery level 2 with "round up" and I need to use 3 mastery points to unlock Canyon Jumping.

This is required to progress in the story.

I only have 2 mastery points, and the Pot of Soup appears the ONLY one I can get without a different mount OR Canyon Jumping.

Unless i'm mistaken, and please do correct me if wrong...

In the Crystal Oasis I have all the mastery points except.

• The Pot of Soup point, which this is inspired by.
  • The bottom left which requires (I believe) the springer to get to.
  • Sifuri Sand Sea, in the quick sand, which requires the skimmer to get to.
  • Kusini Crossing, near the bottom right, which appears to need the spring as it's high up.
  • Glint's Legacy, which requires the Raptor to have full leaping distance.

And in the Desert Highlands you need a springer for them all, it seems.

Is there any other Mastery Points in the Crystal Oasis or the Desert Highlands I can earn with just a Raptor at level 2?

(Note I don't have my gliding maxed out enough, to make me glide for longer, to use that trick to get the Sifuri one...)

@onevstheworld.2419 said:I found it pretty fair as a mini-game. It took me about 10 tries to get it right. Definately not as difficult as some of the HoT adventures... Fallen Masks anyone?

For anyone struggling, turn on "Show all usable object names" in your options menu. It'll make recognizing the right item much easier.

Oh man no doubt. I've still not gone back to try and get silver or gold in masks lol.

A few tips to help those struggling with the chef• Ctrl+T the chef before you even start the event to help keep track of him• Make use of the 1 skill when you pick up ingredients -> the speed boost saved my butt for sure• When throwing make sure you have a clear path so you don't get obstructed• Run over and stand in his hit box to ensure you don't miss• Take the extra minute or two to get a feel for where the ingredients are• Be patient - It took me about 6 tries before I finally got it

@SNS.8713

There are a few other threads with some tips on this, but I'd recommend looking at Achievements, such as the Reins of the Raptor. That means some more work and likely no useful experience if you're ready to train Raptor 3, but it'll get you there. It opens up once you have Springer, and you shouldn't find yourself bottlenecked again.

Best of luck!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming with Master Chef Laraib...

Did it on a MacBook Air using trackpad was a little annoying but doable.

Tips

1) Do it a few times to learn where ingredients are. That is needed to learn the kitchen.2) For longer distances use the sprint. Don't bother for short distances otherwise you'll waste it.3) Wait for the chef to stop before throwing the item and try to be close to him to reduce the time to hit.4) Try to keep an eye on where the chef is so you can run to him faster. Mark him with a target icon if you need to.5) Have fun. It's just one mastery and there is plenty to do to fill your mount mastery lines.

@SNS.8713 said:[EDIT] I FOUND THE MISSING MASTER POINT AND NOW HAVE CANYON JUMPER.

Thank you to those who replied, and it seems, mostly agreed.

One point I want to add, is how this is now stopping me progressing in the game.

My Raptor is now at Mastery level 2 with "round up" and I need to use 3 mastery points to unlock Canyon Jumping.

This is required to progress in the story.

I only have 2 mastery points, and the Pot of Soup appears the ONLY one I can get without a different mount OR Canyon Jumping.

Unless i'm mistaken, and please do correct me if wrong...

In the Crystal Oasis I have all the mastery points except.

• The Pot of Soup point, which this is inspired by.
  • The bottom left which requires (I believe) the springer to get to.
  • Sifuri Sand Sea, in the quick sand, which requires the skimmer to get to.
  • Kusini Crossing, near the bottom right, which appears to need the spring as it's high up.
  • Glint's Legacy, which requires the Raptor to have full leaping distance.

And in the Desert Highlands you need a springer for them all, it seems.

Is there any other Mastery Points in the Crystal Oasis or the Desert Highlands I can earn with just a Raptor at level 2?

(Note I don't have my gliding maxed out enough, to make me glide for longer, to use that trick to get the Sifuri one...)

There are four points achievable on the map. Without the chef mastery point I would have exactly enough points for it after the initial introduction scenario in second map (I did the chef and had one extra point). The points I got were:1) Chef (obviously)2) Underwater in the port of the city (west)3) On a rooftop of a house just outside of the Amnoon, you shouldn't need Raptor3 for it (east)4) memory game just past the Divoner's Passage right before going into second map, you don't need Raptor 3 to reach it (west of passage)That should give you enough points (with story) to get Raptor3 with a point to spare (if you do chef)

@SNS.8713 said:It's little things like this which make an otherwise really fun expansion frustrating.

We have to get 10 ingredients, with shoddy aiming and it's just not fun.

Can we please have this reduced to 4 or 5 ingredients.

I don't mind a challenge, but this Mastery Point challenge just isn't fun.

The trick is to time and keep up your speed buff as much as possible. Also try to always throw the ingredients from a distance and not be focused on being close to him.

Most frustrating thing ever! I took lots of time to familiarize myself with all the ingredients. I must have done this over 40 times, but the whole thing is majorly bugged. I'd rather be doing something else.

1) The timing for gathering each ingredient is short and it doesn't help that I have to wait for the stupid chef to run around and finally stand still (my timer is still ticking while the chef is logy-gagging ).

2) A lot of times, the next ingredient he asks for is on the other side of the freaking room and there isn't enough time for me to fetch it and throw it back to him that far while he's NOT busy running.

3) On top of that, I have to make sure nothing is obstructing my throw or else it registers as the wrong ingredient.

4) Even grabbing the right ingredient sometimes registers as the wrong ingredient, and for that, I have to go grab it and throw it again, thus further running out of time.

I'm extremely disappointed with the sheer amount of comments on this forum making normal players feel dumb and lazy. Fan-boys and testers who have the luxury of time to repeatedly fiddle around with one bugged activity dozens and dozens of hours on end till they get it, need to stay out of this conversation. It's a game, it's not a full-time job and people invest in it hoping to have some fun at the end of the day.