Bonus Weekend Event: Gathering Tool Information

• ArenaNet Staff

A message from the Systems Team:

Tomorrow morning, we're kicking off a new Bonus Weekend Event that will allow players to earn double experience points in open world and World vs. World areas, as well as a chance to gain increased yields from resource nodes when gathering. We want clarify something regarding the gathering portion of this event and avoid potential confusion by the in-game wording on how the event specifically affects gathering.

The gathering portion of this Bonus Weekend Event specifically provides players with a 33% chance to gain an extra strike while gathering, muchin the same way that items like the Item/Heroic Boosters and the Glyph of Bounty work. (Side note: those special gathering effects will stack with the event bonuses this weekend, so gathering could be very rewarding!) To put the bonus another way, you will not have a 33% chance of earning more materials on each individual gathering strike, but instead may get a "bonus strike" at any node. The net result is the same: more loot!

We hope you enjoy the weekend event and look forward to seeing you in the game.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:A message from the Systems Team:

This morning, we're kicking off a new Bonus Weekend Event that will allow players to earn double experience points in open world and World vs. World areas, as well as a chance to gain increased yields from resource nodes when gathering. We want clarify something regarding the gathering portion of this event and avoid potential confusion by the in-game wording on how the event specifically affects gathering.

The gathering portion of this Bonus Weekend Event specifically provides players with a 33% chance to gain an extra strike while gathering, muchin the same way that items like the Item/Heroic Boosters and the Glyph of Bounty work. (Side note: those special gathering effects will stack with the event bonuses this weekend, so gathering could be very rewarding!) To put the bonus another way, you will not have a 33% chance of earning more materials on each individual gathering strike, but instead may get a "bonus strike" at any node. The net result is the same: more loot!

We hope you enjoy the weekend event and look forward to seeing you in the game.

When you say, 'this morning', do you mean it's already started today, the 19th of April, or it is still scheduled to start tomorrow, the 20th?

• ArenaNet Staff

So sorry, we were going to post tomorrow, as it went live, then thought it would be nice to settle any questions early.

I've edited to make it clear the event begins tomorrow. (Now I will ask my friends in the Loc Department to help me with German, French, and Spanish. :) )

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:...muchin the same way that items like the Item/Heroic Boosters and the Glyph of Bounty work. (Side note: those special gathering effects will stack with the >event bonuses this weekend, so gathering could be very rewarding!) ...

Just to... check. This means "Event + Booster + Glyph of Bounty" = ... 99% hit chance? Anet plz. :s Have mercy on the economy.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:So sorry, we were going to post tomorrow, as it went live, then thought it would be nice to settle any questions early.

I've edited to make it clear the event begins tomorrow. (Now I will ask my friends in the Loc Department to help me with German, French, and Spanish. :) )

Tomorrow as in at reset? I want to make sure I don't waste my Flax nodes by doing them immediately after :)

@Sarrs.4831 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:So sorry, we were going to post tomorrow, as it went live, then thought it would be nice to settle any questions early.

I've edited to make it clear the event begins
tomorrow
. (Now I will ask my friends in the Loc Department to help me with German, French, and Spanish. :) )

Tomorrow as in at reset? I want to make sure I don't waste my Flax nodes by doing them immediately after :)

Well, the first post says "tomorrow morning", so I assume it starts sometime between 9am and noon Pacific time.

@Sarrs.4831 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:So sorry, we were going to post tomorrow, as it went live, then thought it would be nice to settle any questions early.

I've edited to make it clear the event begins
tomorrow
. (Now I will ask my friends in the Loc Department to help me with German, French, and Spanish. :) )

Just thought would post this here for all who missed it in the initial posting :"Date and Time: From 9:00 AM Pacific Time on April 20 to 9:00 AM Pacific Time on April 23 (UTC-7)" That is also 4pm UTC. Would suggest give it a little bit extra and see if you getting your xp bonus before go on major farming spree. Not sure if it will be seamless or come with a patch. Wish all my fellow farmers a stunning and productive weekend. And hope that WvW is not got extremely long queue to get in.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@"Samnang.1879" said:Me when somebody tries to explain mathematics and percentages to me:

fpgxujN.gif

I opt for curling up into a ball and crying.

Quietly covers with a blanket - sometime just easier to forget the formulae and hit the pixels while running off with the loot that you can grab as the Rng god(dess) always adds extra confusion.

@InfamousBrad.5879 said:Can you clarify which XP type(s) get the bonus in WvW? Character-leveling XP? World Rank XP? Reward track XP? Some combination of the above?

•Earn double experience in open world PvE and World vs. World (does not apply to instances, dungeons, or activities).I think in one place this was clarified as being the xp linked to World Rank in Wvw and Char leveling xp if in PVE. Did not see anything regarding Reward track so cant confirm on that one.Am checking to see if can find the link.

Edit : Ok found this in another post

@Erik Waananen.6089 said:

@"Vova.2640" said:I wonder if by "double experience in[...] World vs. World" they actually mean 2x more Wexp from kills, flips etc.That would be a rather pleasant surprise.

Hi everybody!

Since it seems like there may be a bit of uncertainty on this, I just wanted to drop in real quick and clarify that when we say "double experience in World vs. World" for this event, we
do
in fact mean double WXP.

See you all on Friday!

@"InfamousBrad.5879" said:Can you clarify which XP type(s) get the bonus in WvW? Character-leveling XP? World Rank XP? Reward track XP? Some combination of the above?There is no "character-leveling" xp in wvw, only world xp (what you call world rank xp). Reward track increase also isn't measured in experience but added to in "points per tick", so no reward track increase either. You gain extra wxp (to increase your rank) this weekend, but no extra reward track gain nor character/mastery experience.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@"InfamousBrad.5879" said:Can you clarify which XP type(s) get the bonus in WvW? Character-leveling XP? World Rank XP? Reward track XP? Some combination of the above?There is no "character-leveling" xp in wvw, only world xp (what you call world rank xp). Reward track increase also isn't measured in experience but added to in "points per tick", so no reward track increase either. You gain extra wxp (to increase your rank) this weekend, but no extra reward track gain nor character/mastery experience.

XP in PvE only goes towards levelling up. Whether that’s 1-80 or on mastery levels. Clarity on whether that’s all XP, or only from certain sources (Events, Monster kills, gathering etc) would be nice.

@IamLain.4205 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:...muchin the same way that items like the Item/Heroic Boosters and the Glyph of Bounty work. (Side note: those special gathering effects
will
stack with the >event bonuses this weekend, so gathering could be very rewarding!) ...

Just to... check. This means "Event + Booster + Glyph of Bounty" = ... 99% hit chance? Anet plz. :s Have mercy on the economy.

It's not that bad. My testing with Glyph of Bounty and boosters suggests that once one of them triggers, the others are all deactivated for that node.

Even discounting that, each node has a maximum of 3 additional strikes, so a max of double on ore and saplings, max of 4 per plant.

I'm definitely not getting anything extra from gathering..

if anything I feel like I'm getting waay less strikes than I should be getting..

please look into this.. as I've noticed a lot less income from my usual farms.. due to the decrease in extra strikes being steady at 1 extra

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Great! (Manana is tomorrow for Espanol.) :tongue:

Don't you mean "mañana is tomorrow for Español."?

:bleep_bloop:

Indeed. But, I don't have a Spanish keyboard, nor would I change settings for one sentence

Alt+164 does the little ñ. 165 for Ñ. As I recall, on my tablet and that is more muscle memory than knowledge.

Foreign Language Alt Codes - search that and it has them all.

I did a brief tour of Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore, followed by sending many alts to the flax farm. The flax didn't feel spectacularly boosted to me (after one character with lots of boosts got over 20 flax seed, the next nine or so were on the order of 13 to 19 seeds each, at which point I gave up on cycling nine more alts in). But hoo boy did I see a difference in Orr. Many trees gave me either more than three wood in one channel or gave me a second shot at harvesting them, or both. Foraging nodes often gave two or three gathers, sometimes as many as four. I didn't check mining as much as I'm drowning in mithril but did check a rich node which only gave the normal gathers for one of those, and a couple of normal nodes that seemed to give me a smidge extra over normal.

Archived