Please no gimmick "remove X" weekends.

Swagger.1459

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Look Xen, it was his specific comment about 'dodging fights'. I really don't care if you come to T1 or not. Point is, Mag sits with queues 40-50 deep on EBG and won't go to other BLs.

Define it as you wish. You don't have the coverage for T1. I know that, and have said that is why BG stays in T1.

But tanking in T2 and T3 is avoiding. Any way you want to call it. Just own it.

Well.. I believed you would understand that situation better than most, but I guess not, not going to reply with a trigger post. Yup still tanking a year later.

But...

And Mag lets people come in to paper SMC for the fights?

Because other servers let enemy servers paper their keeps and smc often and on purpose for fights right?Or do they make the enemy work for it?

Yep. They make people work for it. But when they do, it's called 'hiding in T3 structures behind siege'. When Mag does it? Getting fights.

Yep. BG holds structures, and to every other server, they are hiding in their T3 structures.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xen, I haven't disputed anything you have said about BG.

My original post quoted a completely different poster who was complaining about everyone 'dodging Fights with Mag in their wrapped T3 towers'.

I pointed out his hypocrisy and you jumped on it.

Never disputed what BG does or doesn't do.

And for what it's worth? I too am actually looking forward to the destruction of servers and the 'reset'. More groups all the time. It should be some nice chaos for a while.

It's a welcome change.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:I would like to see a "no superior AC" weekend, if that weekend lasted forever.

Not a fan of people attempting to defend their structures? Or is this another "They wont come out and fight us!" request?

Those crazy outnumbered guys just won't die fast enough!

No, it's the fact that like 4 people can stop an entire zerg from even getting in a structure with sup ac's. Maybe just reduce the damage they do to other siege. Literally 2 sup ac's can melt a catapult. Doesn't bode well for small havok groups that don't have the supply capacity to build 2 shield gens to negate the ac fire.

Why, just WHY is a havoc team worth their salt building a cata within range of AC fire?

Haven't people figured out that is just stupid? Most structures have very strategic locations to build catas that are outside of all siege range except treb and cata. AND you lose NO speed in taking down the walls anymore.

Keep building against the wall if you want to fail.

Ah right, because mortars don't exist in this game, or ballistas, I forgot.

Passt: Ballistas don't have the same range as catas. And last time I checked, cata shields pop often enough to block every mortar shot.

What? You cannot block every mortar shot unless you have 3 catas close together to chain bubbles, even if the mortar has to max range the shot.

At the range you would be at.... yeah.. you can. If you have two catas, it's quite simple. I haven't had a cata destoyed by mortars yet., On t-1 prime time...

So a 3 sec duration with a 20 sec cooldown, can provide 100% bubble uptime? Wow, that's impressive.

Should I highlight the 'two catas' for you again? That was the original comment you wrote about Sup SCs melting 2 catas. Uptime is 10 seconds. And yeah,, it isn't impressive. It's coordination.

Try TS or Discord for your havoc. It helps,

It's actually 6 seconds of uptime, catapult bubble is 3 sec. BTW, how is T1 working out for you?

A "no downstate" weekend should be bundled with a "1k crit cap" weekend, so that no single skill, or channeled skill with multiple hits, can exceed 1k. If removing the res advantage, remove the ez-kill advantage.

As long as players are fine with removing-function-gimmicks, I would also look forward to a "no-stealth" weekend.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:I would like to see a "no superior AC" weekend, if that weekend lasted forever.

Not a fan of people attempting to defend their structures? Or is this another "They wont come out and fight us!" request?

Those crazy outnumbered guys just won't die fast enough!

No, it's the fact that like 4 people can stop an entire zerg from even getting in a structure with sup ac's. Maybe just reduce the damage they do to other siege. Literally 2 sup ac's can melt a catapult. Doesn't bode well for small havok groups that don't have the supply capacity to build 2 shield gens to negate the ac fire.

Why, just WHY is a havoc team worth their salt building a cata within range of AC fire?

Haven't people figured out that is just stupid? Most structures have very strategic locations to build catas that are outside of all siege range except treb and cata. AND you lose NO speed in taking down the walls anymore.

Keep building against the wall if you want to fail.

Ah right, because mortars don't exist in this game, or ballistas, I forgot.

Passt: Ballistas don't have the same range as catas. And last time I checked, cata shields pop often enough to block every mortar shot.

What? You cannot block every mortar shot unless you have 3 catas close together to chain bubbles, even if the mortar has to max range the shot.

At the range you would be at.... yeah.. you can. If you have two catas, it's quite simple. I haven't had a cata destoyed by mortars yet., On t-1 prime time...

So a 3 sec duration with a 20 sec cooldown, can provide 100% bubble uptime? Wow, that's impressive.

Should I highlight the 'two catas' for you again? That was the original comment you wrote about Sup SCs melting 2 catas. Uptime is 10 seconds. And yeah,, it isn't impressive. It's coordination.

Try TS or Discord for your havoc. It helps,

It's actually 6 seconds of uptime, catapult bubble is 3 sec. BTW, how is T1 working out for you?

Havocing? Quite well. It extremely satisfying when you pull the opponents zerg from what they were doing because no their scout can't deal with you.

It allows your Zerg to get past the 'crap' on the outside to just fight inside.

@"Bellefon.1259" said:A "no downstate" weekend should be bundled with a "1k crit cap" weekend, so that no single skill, or channeled skill with multiple hits, can exceed 1k. If removing the res advantage, remove the ez-kill advantage.

As long as players are fine with removing-function-gimmicks, I would also look forward to a "no-stealth" weekend.

you do realize that with 1k crit cap, you wont be able to kill anything with power damage ? so everyone would be kind of forced to play condi only - not sure you would really like that.i dont think we will get a no stealth weekend, downstate is a funtion aviable to any class while useful stealth only to thief, mesmer, ranger and engi. a dev in the other thread said 'No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.' and as no stealth would specifically restrict certain clasesses, therefor i dont think we will see that.

Generally run with less than 30 versus 50 or more. I hate this idea. Many of our builds have aspects of quick rez, and often we do go down after delivering enough damage to ensure a rally quickly. Now, no downstate means no rally means no winning the fight. Hello SUPER-pirateship, as no one will push without a chance to get back up.

@Kaiser.9873 said:Generally run with less than 30 versus 50 or more. I hate this idea. Many of our builds have aspects of quick rez, and often we do go down after delivering enough damage to ensure a rally quickly. Now, no downstate means no rally means no winning the fight. Hello SUPER-pirateship, as no one will push without a chance to get back up.

that only does help you if your opponents dont rez as fast. if downstate is able to carry you to win against superior numbers that you wouldnt be able to defeat else, then it probably needs a little nerf. IMO the timing/placement of your skills and your movement should make you win, not the ability to get ressurected.

Lol @ the idea that "no downstate" will draw people into wvw. That's why people who don't play it don't play it. Downstates! Downstates destroy the fun of wvw and that's why people don't play it!

Seriously, you guys think "no downstates" will draw people in? It'll be confusing for most players who don't follow the forums and I don't see how it's a draw. The combat is designed around downstates and running all the way back from the waypoint is SO much fun. I bet the players will just be flocking to be killed instantly with no chance of rallying, like they get in the rest of the game!

The desire to get rid of the unwashed baddie casuals is hilarious. Who do you expect to see in wvw? Most players will be bad, do you just want less players in wvw? I don't understand the logic besides wanting to stomp bad players and hope they keep running back to be stomped again. Keep the dream alive.

I doubt this will have any effect besides making some people pissed off and others happy for a weekend, I just think the idea that it will draw people in while punishing those same people for being bad is amazing.

@Justine.6351 said:Downed state carries those who outnumber. There are going to be alot of upset zerglings getting rundown by experienced skirmishers fighting outnumbered. That's kind of how it should be.

No downed state is ya a bad idea permanently but for a weekend it's just good fun.

A more permanent solution imo would be a 7 sec cap on downed state and then auto die if not rallied.

You're frankly quite wrong here.

Downed state helps small skillgroups win outnumbered fights much more often than it helps unskilled larger groups.

Unskilled larger groups do not res downed players. Skillgroups do.

Watch any video from vT or Cake and a lot of their players go down but are immediately brought back up because they're organized.

No downed-state weekend just favors the pirate ship and burst combos even more than currently.

My small skillgroup guild will be running entirely permastealth SA Deadeyes all weekend as a consequence.

@Celsith.2753 said:

And if you don’t know, down state mechanics also help smaller groups survive too, and give an extra chance at recovering... as opposed to being obliterated by superior numbers.

Be more objective.

You lost all credibility right there. The poster you quoted was quite correct with his comment regarding bads being carried and no amount of being offended will change that. Stop confusing truth with elitism please, it's unhealthy and toxic.

I may sincerely disagree with Swagger on virtually everything, but this is something I will agree with him on.

Unless you just camp invuln sustain cheese as a group such that there's no risk to anyone at all, I really think this will punish skillgroups more than help them.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Downed state carries those who outnumber. There are going to be alot of upset zerglings getting rundown by experienced skirmishers fighting outnumbered. That's kind of how it should be.

No downed state is ya a bad idea permanently but for a weekend it's just good fun.

A more permanent solution imo would be a 7 sec cap on downed state and then auto die if not rallied.

You're frankly quite wrong here.

Downed state helps small skillgroups win outnumbered fights much more often than it helps unskilled larger groups.

Unskilled larger groups do not res downed players. Skillgroups do.

Watch any video from vT or Cake and a lot of their players go down but are
immediately
brought back up because they're organized.

Yes immediately rallied.Small skilled groups drop players a whole lot faster than large averaged player groups. Getting those initial downs helps even the odds.What frequently happens are large groups swarm so hard that a downed state person is protected merely by the swarm and can linger there safely for quite some time. Thus it carries large groups of sub par players.

No downed state is a bad idea but for a weekend its fine. They really could add a 7sec cap to downed state to trim that downed state linger from average players protected by the swarm.

the problem is that the current downstate debuff requires 4 deaths within a minute wich is IMO pretty unrealistic in most cases.downstate allways carries atm, either the 'organised group' to win outnumbered or it will ensure the not full idiotic pug cloud to win by numbers. who ever uses downstate mechanics best wins currently. while a 7 sec timer as proposed by justine would help that pug clouds wont be carried as much by it , i would prefer the debuff to require less stacks for instant death or the timer for each stack not to expire in combat, this way quick ressurecting/ralling opponents aswell wont be playing 100% downstate rotation.skillfull group play should not be defined by the ability to ressurect alone.

one weekend no downstate maybe will make people realize how much they depend on it.

Archived