Med Kit: This kit has been reworked

Krag.6210

• Med Blaster: Increased the healing-power multiplier by 500% on the blaster's base heal. Increased the healing-power multiplier by 80% on its heals per boon. Base healing has been decreased by 33%.
  • Throw Bandages: This skill has been replaced with Bandage Blast, which fires 5 bandages in an arc ahead of the player, healing and granting regeneration to any allies they strike.
  • Throw Stimulant: This skill has been replaced with Cleansing Field, which creates a temporary water combo field and removes conditions every second that allies are within the field.
  • Throw Accelerant: This skill has been replaced with Vital Burst, which heals allies in an area around the player.
  • Throw Antidote: This skill has been replaced with Infusion Bomb, which throws a bomb that grants several boons to allies when it explodes.

Time to discuss this.

yep I can see support scrapper now being legit meta IF the med kit rework is useful, not only that but the traitline buff to healing allies was great. Im very excited about this very much. Either holo or scrapper support but my money on scrapper with gyro to res people and finish downs :)

@zoopop.5630 said:yep I can see support scrapper now being legit meta IF the med kit rework is useful, not only that but the traitline buff to healing allies was great. Im very excited about this very much. Either holo or scrapper support but my money on scrapper with gyro to res people and finish downs :)

I'd give it a shot. I like playing support in sPvP but grew bored of FB pretty quickly. Engi has so much more flavor.

The goal of the medkit rework was to make it healing turret.

Take a look at what it does, outside of the strange fan o kits thing.

One skill cleanses conditions and creates a water field, one skill is a generic heal that heals aoe around the same as healing turret (if you have full healing gear and traits/runes, which is a bit meh) with the final skill applying a burst of regeneration and a blast (with some vigor (experimental turrets)).

Now i very well think this might make medkit a handy tool. But i also think its a bit of a shame to make it a healing bomb kit. Because we already have a healing bomb. Now then if they where to rework turrets as well and make healing turret more of an actual turret this would be an excellent change. But when you try to make it a healing turret clone just because healing turret is so meta and appreciated while still keeping healing turret one of the two will be optimal in all situations and one will not. The more unique things they offer compared to one another the more diversity we get. And that's the point of balance patches no?

Also something is really wonky with medic insurance and tooltips for skill 2. Its claiming 3k heal per pack for me when without the trait it says closer to 1k.

@Krispera.5087 said:PvP Mender's, with Invention/Alchemy/Scrapper

You can point blank heal someone for 15k heal with Bandage Blast.Cleansing Field + Infusion Bomb blast.1K heal per Med Blaster.

With access to lots of Barrier, CC and Stability.

yep what i was thinking however....im thinking sword shield (holo) would be better then scrapper because of the protection up time/Condi cleanse u get from it.

Using Mortar kit+exilir gun+med kit you have SO MUCH condi cleanse+healing+protection to give out with hardlight arena added to the mix+some good CC

@miriforst.1290 said:The goal of the medkit rework was to make it healing turret.

One skill cleanses conditions and creates a water field, one skill is a generic heal that heals aoe around the same as healing turret (if you have full healing gear and traits/runes, which is a bit meh) with the final skill applying a burst of regeneration and a blast (with some vigor (experimental turrets)).

Now i very well think this might make medkit a handy tool. But i also think its a bit of a shame to make it a healing bomb kit. Because we already have a healing bomb. Now then if they where to rework turrets as well and make healing turret more of an actual turret this would be an excellent change. But when you try to make it a healing turret clone just because healing turret is so meta and appreciated while still keeping healing turret one of the two will be optimal in all situations and one will not. The more unique things they offer compared to one another the more diversity we get. And that's the point of balance patches no?

Also something is really wonky with medic insurance and tooltips for skill 2. Its claiming 3k heal per pack for me when without the trait it says closer to 1k.

The difference is, healing turret is a very universal tool. Whether you need a water field or condi cleanse, it will go on full recharge (15/20 seconds whatever). And now, heal kit became more sophisticated version of that. Need to cleanse condis? Sure, here. 5 seconds later you need a water field? No problem.

@Samug.6512 said:

@miriforst.1290 said:The goal of the medkit rework was to make it healing turret.

The difference is, healing turret is a very universal tool. Whether you need a water field or condi cleanse, it will go on full recharge (15/20 seconds whatever). And now, heal kit became more sophisticated version of that. Need to cleanse condis? Sure, here. 5 seconds later you need a water field? No problem.

I am really am for Med Kit being a dissection of Healing Turret. HT is likely still better than it for the simple fact that it gives you a lot of things at once without having to dance through a rotation of skills and being without a damaging AA. Speed and ease of use are probably going to win most people. But Med Kit seems to be an excellent support tool in a good build and user. It's a viable option.

I'm also really liking Health Insurance. All the passive healing traits get improved with it by an amount that's generally difficult to reach with Healing Power scaling. (Heat Therapy, Backpack Regenerator, Compounding Chemicals)

problem for me is that medkit toolbet skill is too easy to interrupt and swapping a kit to use the skill is too slow, even becouse skills are not instant cast. Medkit could be a thing if its skills were istant cast otherwise, for me, it is too situational . For me medkit remain the most unreliable healing skill of engineer .

@Krag.6210 said:

• Med Blaster: Increased the healing-power multiplier by 500% on the blaster's base heal. Increased the healing-power multiplier by 80% on its heals per boon. Base healing has been decreased by 33%.
  • Throw Bandages: This skill has been replaced with Bandage Blast, which fires 5 bandages in an arc ahead of the player, healing and granting regeneration to any allies they strike.
  • Throw Stimulant: This skill has been replaced with Cleansing Field, which creates a temporary water combo field and removes conditions every second that allies are within the field.
  • Throw Accelerant: This skill has been replaced with Vital Burst, which heals allies in an area around the player.
  • Throw Antidote: This skill has been replaced with Infusion Bomb, which throws a bomb that grants several boons to allies when it explodes.

Time to discuss this.

It says that you only have Vital Burst for an AoE heal. That's not the only one. If you use Cleansing Field, it creates a water field that cleanses conditions every second, something I wish was given to the Elixir Gun skill 5 Super Elixir, but whatever. Elixir Gun skill 4 Acid Bomb is a blast finisher, meaning you can use Vital Burst, then Cleansing Field and follow it up with Acid Bomb for massive double AoE heal.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

It says that you only have Vital Burst for an AoE heal. That's not the only one. If you use Cleansing Field, it creates a water field that cleanses conditions every second, something I wish was given to the Elixir Gun skill 5 Super Elixir, but whatever. Elixir Gun skill 4 Acid Bomb is a blast finisher, meaning you can use Vital Burst, then Cleansing Field and follow it up with Acid Bomb for massive double AoE heal.

It's easier than than that... the new MedKit 5 Infusion Bomb is also a blast, so you can Medkit3 + 5 to blast the water once every 30s. As you note, engi has access to other blast finishers too.

@Radjan Majere.4208 said:

It's easier than than that... the new MedKit 5 Infusion Bomb is also a blast, so you can Medkit3 + 5 to blast the water once every 30s. As you note, engi has access to other blast finishers too.

I forgot to mention that as well. If you combine Infusion Bomb with Acid Bomb, you're looking at a massive AoE heal. This rework is one of the best in GW2 history.

@Nilix.2170 said:

I'm also really liking Health Insurance. All the passive healing traits get improved with it by an amount that's generally difficult to reach with Healing Power scaling. (Heat Therapy, Backpack Regenerator, Compounding Chemicals)

I didn't try heal engi before these changes, but.... wasn't this better before at a straight 33% heal effectiveness? Obviously, paired with the new Medical Dispersion Field this is maybe an overall improvement but from what I read of the old description Health Insurance got a nerf. (Too close to RL?)

Health Insurance had to make up for Medkit being completely awful.

Although Medkit is really good now... I feel like the only way to utilize it well in PvP is with Holo. You're gonna get condition bombed and Scrapper can't utilize it without exposing itself to Conditions since it takes up Med Gyro for Reconstruction field. Holo actually gives you some amount of breathing space and Holo arena is still a good support tool.

Since Mender's is the go to healing amulet, Holo now has a sort of sinewave pattern of fighting where you go all out offensive, then spam heals while you wait for your next burst window

Tested it out for an hour it isn’t that great. Only way it’ll be anywhere good is with a proper team other wise this everyone just runs away or out of your healing aoe. For rank and unrank it’s almot like playing fb nd having everyone run from you when healing ...

I have no idea how to evaluate in PvP. For PvE raiding, the struggle is what else a heal-spec engi could bring besides core heals. One-trick pony like Auramancer healer isn't worth taking over a druid that can stack might/fury/regen with other utility mixed in. Could see a hybrid heal/dps engi taking on a role where a condi-druid fits already instead of a full harrier druid, maybe? I dunno. I was excited about it at first but I can't see why I'd take it over a druid for the typical raid setup because there's such a premium on getting your core needs met with a few non-DPS classes and then full dps focus with the other spots. Smarter people than me who actually know engi will no doubt try - or see the futility with less effort. :)

The issue that I have with the kit (which is was makes it balanced) is that you have to stop doing damage in order to use the kit. I prefer things like gyro that you use and that's that, and you can apply pressure to the opponent which is arguably better than just heals.

Archived