Med Kit: This kit has been reworked

Krag.6210

@Krag.6210 said:

• Throw Stimulant: This skill has been replaced with Cleansing Field, which creates a temporary water combo field and removes conditions every second that allies are within the field.

Too bad you have to stay inside the field, you can basically only cleans 1 condi while running. It should get a 480 radius like the water fields of healing turret.

@Radjan Majere.4208 said:I have no idea how to evaluate in PvP. For PvE raiding, the struggle is what else a heal-spec engi could bring besides core heals. One-trick pony like Auramancer healer isn't worth taking over a druid that can stack might/fury/regen with other utility mixed in. Could see a hybrid heal/dps engi taking on a role where a condi-druid fits already instead of a full harrier druid, maybe? I dunno. I was excited about it at first but I can't see why I'd take it over a druid for the typical raid setup because there's such a premium on getting your core needs met with a few non-DPS classes and then full dps focus with the other spots. Smarter people than me who actually know engi will no doubt try - or see the futility with less effort. :)

Druid was just nerfed actually. Healing was nerfed, and to get it back they have to give up their might stacking and take the other gm trait. Now this probably means that Groups will run 1 druid with grace of the land and 1 druid with lingering light, or just leave the might stacking to another class, but it also opens up the chance for another class to fill a heal slot. Though not sure that slot will go to Medkit Engi just yet.

Tested it yesterday for some casual T4 fractal dailies, up to the lvl100 fractal in nm. I can only say it is a ton of fun for me!

Thank you Anet!

MedKit together with MDF is a really nice Option now to heal others, together with HLA, overshield, some boon Duration you can provide your Team with Fury, Protection, Regeneration, Vigor AND some nice heal Bursts! Hitting with the MedKit Bandage Barrage correctly easliy heals a teammate with 8k, plus several other burst heals available and aside from that nice constant healing if there is constant pressure, lets the Party be alive very well in my opinion.Of course it is not competitive with full ele healer or druids might Distribution but it makes up a very nice support-holo-build.

They put the Healing Turret into a brown paper bag and hit it with a hammer.

It's novel and fun right now but it doesn't seem practical for pvp/wvw. HT still seems quicker and more effective. Maybe med kit will be more fun/practical in PVE environment?

Infusion Bomb would be pretty....bomb if it came with something like protection/stability but would need times balanced accordingly. Then I could see taking it over HT.

@Radjan Majere.4208 said:

I'm also really liking Health Insurance. All the passive healing traits get improved with it by an amount that's generally difficult to reach with Healing Power scaling. (Heat Therapy, Backpack Regenerator, Compounding Chemicals)

I didn't try heal engi before these changes, but.... wasn't this better before at a straight 33% heal effectiveness? Obviously, paired with the new Medical Dispersion Field this is maybe an overall improvement but from what I read of the old description Health Insurance got a nerf. (Too close to RL?)

The 33% Heal Effectiveness was only for1) healing your allies (not you) while...2) using the Med KitAnd since Med Kit was garbage, Health Insurance was a dead skill. The overall healing effectiveness on your allies is lower (20 or 21% as opposed to 33%) but the new Med Kit at least has potential for use, AND you get 10% for yourself at all points in time. You don't need to have the Med Kit out for it to work. In fact, I don't think you need to have the Med Kit at all to have that base 10%. It's just an extra 10% heal effectiveness. So in terms of usability, it is most definitely a buff.

Had some time to try it out this morning and to me it reads better than it plays. Its a big improvement for sure, but overall swapping to the med kit and multiple cast times to aoe heal, cleanse, and burst feels clunky. I can do that all with healing turret much more easily. The 1 and 2 skills might make up for it if you are playing full support, but I'd rather aoe heal and then get back to doing damage.

Just not for me and my play style. Others may enjoy it.

@Nilix.2170 said:

I'm also really liking Health Insurance. All the passive healing traits get improved with it by an amount that's generally difficult to reach with Healing Power scaling. (Heat Therapy, Backpack Regenerator, Compounding Chemicals)

I didn't try heal engi before these changes, but.... wasn't this better before at a straight 33% heal effectiveness? Obviously, paired with the new Medical Dispersion Field this is maybe an overall improvement but from what I read of the old description Health Insurance got a nerf. (Too close to RL?)

The 33% Heal Effectiveness was only for1) healing your allies (not you) while...2) using the Med KitAnd since Med Kit was garbage, Health Insurance was a dead skill. The overall healing effectiveness on your allies is lower (20 or 21% as opposed to 33%) but the new Med Kit at least has potential for use, AND you get 10% for yourself at all points in time. You don't need to have the Med Kit out for it to work. In fact, I don't think you need to have the Med Kit at all to have that base 10%. It's just an extra 10% heal effectiveness. So in terms of usability, it is most definitely a buff.

Health Insurance sounds like a competitive choice now- I wish it was in the 2nd junk tier so I could replace Self-Regulating Defenses which triggers/interrupts and kills me 3/4 time lol. Not much to pick from in 2nd.

Not diggin' Bandage Blast. I would much prefer a healing wave that healed up to 5 allies and healed more depending on a range threshold (to keep that point-blank 5 bandage heal I guess). Also kind of annoying when NPCs can receive bandage heals.

The cooldowns could use a shave. If #2 were 6s (-2s), #3 12s (-3s), #4 18s (-2s), and #5 25s (-5s) - I think that would hit the sweet-spot.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:Not diggin' Bandage Blast. I would much prefer a healing wave that healed up to 5 allies and healed more depending on a range threshold (to keep that point-blank 5 bandage heal I guess). Also kind of annoying when NPCs can receive bandage heals.

The cooldowns could use a shave. If #2 were 6s (-2s), #3 12s (-3s), #4 18s (-2s), and #5 25s (-5s) - I think that would hit the sweet-spot.

does it actually work for yoou ? i havent seen my allies get regen nor heals when i use the 2 skill

@Rezzet.3614 said:

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:Not diggin' Bandage Blast. I would much prefer a healing wave that healed up to 5 allies and healed more depending on a range threshold (to keep that point-blank 5 bandage heal I guess). Also kind of annoying when NPCs can receive bandage heals.

does it actually work for yoou ? i havent seen my allies get regen nor heals when i use the 2 skill

it does heal, but doesnt pierce, so the first peroson to be hit by a bandage will get healed, if u hit all bandages on 1 person he will soak up the heal

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:I wonder if it's intentional that Infusion Bomb is not classified as such and thus not benefit from Short Fuse.

I can't look at it right now, but IIRC, it just has a blast finisher, but no "Explosives" trait listed in the tool tips. I'm pretty sure this is intentional to be able to work better with its own water field, given its projectile flight time. Its not obvious in PvE, because those favor faster chains.... but in WvW the ability to toss the mine ahead, and activate the water field as you catch up, greatly improves your chances of triggering the combo while moving.

If it was explode on impact- Since cleaning field doesn't stick to you, you'd have to pop the field first, then try to quickly ground target the infusion bomb to get the blast combo. This forces you to make a choice of having the field on front to do cleansing, or let it lag behind to use the blast combo internally, and miss the boons if you're out of Infusion bomb's short radius.

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

it does heal, but doesnt pierce, so the first peroson to be hit by a bandage will get healed, if u hit all bandages on 1 person he will soak up the heal

Yep. That's why I hope they take another look at Bandage Blast and make it a piercing wave instead of firing items that can be soaked up by 1 person.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

Yep. That's why I hope they take another look at Bandage Blast and make it a piercing wave instead of firing items that can be soaked up by 1 person.

idk to me the skill doesnt work i think i ve gotten it to trigger 2 times out of hundreds of attempts , its like it has the bad targetting FT had or something wich gets obstructed by atom particles i think it should be changed to a cone wave heal .

maybe character or camera height plays a role as I play norn with the camera elevated as possible for mortar

@"Rezzet.3614" said:idk to me the skill doesnt work i think i ve gotten it to trigger 2 times out of hundreds of attempts , its like it has the bad targetting FT had or something wich gets obstructed by atom particles i think it should be changed to a cone wave heal .

maybe character or camera height plays a role as I play norn with the camera elevated as possible for mortar

I have been having a hard time hitting with it as well some of the time, but only if people are moving... It kinda feels like there is a visual delay on where the package are located actualy and where it "looks" like it is located.... so sometimes I toss it for a person and it seems like it should hit, but while his in movement it ain't hitting

As someone who played quite a bit of support engi in wvw in 2013/2014, I was pretty happy to see medkit get the overhaul it sorely needed. I think it has potential to be a solid support option but there are some things that feel a bit off - this is coming from a wvw small man/roaming/whatever you want to call it perspective...

1. As mentioned by previous posters, the 2 ability feels pretty wonky. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it doesn't. Base heal is low but scaling seems ok, which is as it should be. Could still just give this the same mechanics as FB's tome of resolve 1 and it wouldn't break anything. Investment of 1200 healing or so would make the heal approx 1150 on a semi low but not spammable cd.

2. Radius on 3/4/5, delay on 5 - 300 radius seems too small considering the tempo of the current game (in WvW). I can run out of the range of medkit 5 by the time it detonates. Mobility/kiting/being able to disengage when needed is necessary at the moment and actually having people sit in your water field for a couple seconds so you can blast it is just too slow. This is why healing turret has always been so strong. Two water fields, 480 radius, aoe heal, condi cleanse and a blast finisher and all of that while maintaining mobility (and offensive pressure). I don't think it would be too much to ask for 3/4/5 to be bumped up to 480 range, and maybe cut the fuse time on 5 down to 1/2 a sec or even instant. Sure, medkit can provide almost all of these things as well, but it requires triggering them individually and going in to a kit to do all of it.

3. The state of kits in general - I've been trying to make core multi kit engi work, and I've come to the conclusion the pace of the game feels too quick for running multi kits. This speaks directly to the issue with medkit, since your offensive pressure goes to zero while using it. The stronger builds you will run into will being highly synergistic, doing a number of different things with one button press (i.e. traited holo 3 - stab/barrier/dmg/excellent might stacking, all with one button press - two if counting PF mode), or stacking a large amount of instant skill abilities on top of one casted ability (power mes) to provide spike damage. Maybe its the 1 sec cd on switching kits that gets triggered when swapping, the kits themselves just not being relevant enough, i don't know...it feels very clunky playing a piano style when the amount of instant and synergistic skills seems to be rampant. I am not really sure what the fix would be - anet's fix seems to be to just release elite specs that don't really utilize multiple kits. Normally if I am running scrapper or holo I'll have at most 1 kit - for that reason I would imagine that buffing or improving QoL on kits would go a long way to improving core engi without impacting the two elite specs too much. Maybe shave a half second off the kit swapping cd, or make Streamlined Kits cd per kit, and not across the board? Not sure....

@zoopop.5630 said:

@pah.4931 said:Wonder how it will do in sPvP as a more support oriented character...Since ANet doesn’t want us to play support in PvP—by removing/nerfing every healing combination—I wouldn’t bother. ;)

theirs more to supporting then just healing fyi.

That is true, but why introduce valid healing options and then remove the healing primary amulets? Those amulets didn't offer any damage, and support builds can be blown up easily.

Healing will never be as OP as the damage or stunlock in this game.

Unfortunately, I do not think Medkit to be viable for two reasons:

1. No unique buffs/boon
  2. You cannot attack while using it. (Compare with Dervish)

Luckily, the other buffs to healing makes it so we don't need Medkit to heal anymore. There are other sources of healing.

As a more efficient alternative, I'm actually looking at... of all things.... Flamethrower.

No, I am not trolling.

Medial Dispersion Field makes it so allies gain 50% of all healing we have, plus any outgoing heals. Combined with Compounding Chemicals, allies could gain quite a lot of healing if we provide ourselves with boons. Lots of boons.

This is where Flamethrower comes into play. Alchemy-Inventions-Firearms. With the first two traitlines you have the typical healer traits, but in Firearms you equip Sanguine Array, and Juggernaut.

What Firearms does is make it so every time you inflict bleeding on a foe, Sanguine Array procs and gives you might, which proc Compounding Chemicals in Alchemy to heal allies. As you autoattack and use your #4 skill, you are constantly proccing bleeds, which means many heals. (pistol auto may also work, but I haven't tested.) Juggernaut passively procs 2 more boons for free every 3 seconds as well.

You also have easy, fast recharging blast finisher. Which you can use to proc Soothing Detonation in alchemy, which heals double on allies affected thanks to Medical Dispersion Field.

Healing Turret is a SUPER heal. Use it wisely.

It's also worth noting that blasting your hield is good because not only does applying protection to applies proc more of your traits that heal allies, but being a blast finisher means it procs more heals.

Archived