Legendary Outfits

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:I suspect the OP actually meant armour and not an outfit.

I meant outfits.

Oh, in that case I wouldn't be at all interested in that. Legendary open world armour sure, Legendary open world outfits, no thanks.

The reason I don't ask for armor is because I assumed it would be shot down immediately

Anet may not want to put in the work to make them, then there would be the players not happy about people being able to obtain legendary armor just from open world.

@Zaron.1987 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:If you want a “Legendary outfit” get the Ice Encasement Outfit. Has a dyeable, bright aura.

It has a butt "cape" though :( and no foot steps.

Bad news news for you...

Leg Armour (from raid/PvP) also don't have foot steps

Only leg weapons

If they don't want to do footsteps I have faith they will come up with something different.

@Lambent.6375 said:

I meant outfits.

Oh, in that case I wouldn't be at all interested in that. Legendary open world armour sure, Legendary open world outfits, no thanks.

The reason I don't ask for armor is because I assumed it would be shot down immediately

Anet may not want to put in the work to make them, then there would be the players not happy about people being able to obtain legendary armor just from open world.

I can't imagine why anyone should have a problem with open world PvE Leg armor, however, it probably wouldn't have any visual appeal (same as PvP and WvW Leg), and it would require some straight up PvE-only grind, just like other Leg armor (Pips for PvP/WvW, and is it Legendary Insights for raid armor?).

@JDub.1530 said:

I meant outfits.

I can't imagine why anyone should have a problem with open world PvE Leg armor, however, it probably wouldn't have any visual appeal (same as PvP and WvW Leg), and it would require some straight up PvE-only grind, just like other Leg armor (Pips for PvP/WvW, and is it Legendary Insights for raid armor?).

Because legendary armor is reward for a players who prove their skill, and willing to invest in improving themselves, and pursuing a prestigious goal, and..... psfftttt haha... I'm sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face. I still can't believe some people actually subscribed that non-sense. The only thing it tests is ones patience and ability to tolerate potentially endless frustration, that comes with a time gate that relies on other people to succeed, then paired with a glorified gold sink.

While I find the whole concept of Stat Swapping QOL (something everyone has a justifiable need at some point) as a convoluted reward incentive for a content block openly admitted to be targeted at less then 10% of the general population, to be mildly insulting. But in a twist of irony, the cost of the armor actually exacerbated the problem it was meant to solve, and still not fix it in the long term. They were pushing for time, and got what they wanted out of it..... habituating player into a weekly routine, until they forget what they were mad about. And then saw them do the same thing by importing the concept to PvP and WvW as a lure to all the PvE players who didn't fall into the raid routine, and saw it as low hanging fruit. Me included..... but then again, I already liked WvW. But it clearly wasn't targeted at me as a players.. as I was already in WvW on and off over the years.

Time gates aside, its still a massive gold sink. Which means the only thing separating it from some of the crazy rare drop-only skins/infusions is the time gate and an illusion of attainability on a personal level. Which is funny because I've talked to people who toil away farming specific mats to make something, but could equally achieve that goal by farming non-specific mats, selling them for gold, and buying said item. Spending 3 times as long to save maybe 10-15% gold seems idiotic, but is oddly comfortable in a slightly illogical "self sufficient" feeling of accomplishment kind of way. ....... which is why everything has moved to account bound collections, so we can't buy our way of this insanity. :P

@starlinvf.1358 said:

I meant outfits.

Because legendary armor is reward for a players who prove their skill, and willing to invest in improving themselves, and pursuing a prestigious goal, and..... psfftttt haha... I'm sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face. I still can't believe some people actually subscribed that non-sense. The only thing it tests is ones patience and ability to tolerate potentially endless frustration, that comes with a time gate that relies on other people to succeed, then paired with a glorified gold sink.

I lasted almost as long as you did before laughing. :lol:

Yeah, very, very true, I'm always delighted to encounter other people who saw the man behind the curtain.

I'd be happy to sink time and gold into a legendary armour set but not in raids, I've done my raiding in other games, the biggest problem I've experienced is herding 9 other cats - I mean players - into an instance on time consistently.

I still expect them to add open world pve sets as an ultimate grind reward in an expansion or two.

@Pifil.5193 said:

I meant outfits.

Yeah, very, very true, I'm always delighted to encounter other people who saw the man behind the curtain.

I'd be happy to sink time and gold into a legendary armour set but not in raids, I've done my raiding in other games, the biggest problem I've experienced is herding 9 other cats - I mean players - into an instance on time consistently.

I still expect them to add open world pve sets as an ultimate grind reward in an expansion or two.

Its the logical next step, given how its pretty much the only reward people take seriously, knowing its zero investment from that point forward. All that needs to happen is enough wealth accumulation by the players to make the cost feasible.... from there the gamer prerogative for efficiency kicks in, and down the rabbit hole we go.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

I meant outfits.

Its the logical next step, given how its pretty much the only reward people take seriously, knowing its zero investment from that point forward. All that needs to happen is enough wealth accumulation by the players to make the cost feasible.... from there the gamer prerogative for efficiency kicks in, and down the rabbit hole we go.

They would still need some sort of time gated system in place. Or maybe not so much time gated directly, but something that forced a player to do extended PvE content over several weeks.

I don't think the WvW and PvP sets were added so much for not raiding PvE players, but to offer people who play exclusively in those game mode something to work towards. Even though I'm a PvE player, I enjoy WvW and just finished my second WvW Leg armor piece (plus a piece I did in PvP--never again).

@JDub.1530 said:

I meant outfits.

They would still need some sort of time gated system in place. Or maybe not so much time gated directly, but something that forced a player to do extended PvE content over several weeks.

I don't think the WvW and PvP sets were added so much for not raiding PvE players, but to offer people who play exclusively in those game mode something to work towards. Even though I'm a PvE player, I enjoy WvW and just finished my second WvW Leg armor piece (plus a piece I did in PvP--never again).

I'd say a time gated system is inevitable, the set will require hundreds of something that drops once a day from the expansion metas (taking the place of Skirmish Tickets or Legendary Insights) so that, if you do your metas every day, it'll take you about 22 or so weeks to get a set (the same amount of time that it takes for a full WvW set).

I originally expected they would add an open world PvE set in PoF with unique armour skins (nothing as fancy or time consuming as the raid set but unique to this set) and a similar unique set in each new expansion, its an easy way of adding a long term goal to the expansions (and a common complaint about PoF is that it has no such long term goals) and to keep people invested in the metas for years to come.

@Pifil.5193 said:

I'd say a time gated system is inevitable, the set will require hundreds of something that drops once a day from the expansion metas (taking the place of Skirmish Tickets or Legendary Insights) so that, if you do your metas every day, it'll take you about 22 or so weeks to get a set (the same amount of time that it takes for a full WvW set).

I originally expected they would add an open world PvE set in PoF with unique armour skins (nothing as fancy or time consuming as the raid set but unique to this set) and a similar unique set in each new expansion, its an easy way of adding a long term goal to the expansions (and a common complaint about PoF is that it has no such long term goals) and to keep people invested in the metas for years to come.

It's a shame the PoF metas are lackluster to non-existent, otherwise this would indeed be a good place to include something like this.

Archived