Too Many Spirit Shards

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Plenty of uses for spirit shards

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/spirit-shards

The problem I see with the current uses of Spirit Shards that the value of using them depends on most people not using them. If all of the players used these options then the profit for using them would drop and it would be worthless to waste time on them.

What it needs is more uses not dependent on profit. Maybe temporary cosmetics of some sort such as mini pets you can rent for X hours or some sort of rentable Aura or footsteps.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Plenty of uses for spirit shards

The problem I see with the current uses of Spirit Shards that the value of using them depends on most people
not
using them. If all of the players used these options then the profit for using them would drop and it would be worthless to waste time on them.

What it needs is more uses not dependent on profit. Maybe temporary cosmetics of some sort such as mini pets you can rent for X hours or some sort of rentable Aura or footsteps.

And if Anet gave some other method to get value from them, that method too would lose value as more people used it. The thing is that these methods have existed since launch so clearly not everyone is doing them. Considering that the profit margins are decent for many of them, I’d say that it’s safe to convert them.

Just because of some hypothetically “what if” that could happen if everyone rushed to convert them does not negate that you can still gain some value from them today.

To be honest, just about any method to obtain gold would lose its value if everyone did it over a long enough time. Does this mean that all ways to earn gold are worthless?

The problem I see with the current uses of Spirit Shards that the value of using them depends on most people
not
using them. If all of the players used these options then the profit for using them would drop and it would be worthless to waste time on them.

And if Anet gave some other method to get value from them, that method too would lose value as more people used it. The thing is that these methods have existed since launch so clearly not everyone is doing them. Considering that the profit margins are decent for many of them, I’d say that it’s safe to convert them.

Just because of some hypothetically “what if” that could happen if everyone rushed to convert them does not negate that you can still gain some value from them today.

Not everyone wants to spend boring time at the Mystic forge. That’s why I suggested rentable cosmetics. An Aura that you can rent. Footstep, maybe even mount footsteps that you can use for X amount of time. These sort of things have no economic impact and since they expire then they are a constant sink.

Edit: I have almost 7k Spirit Shards. Other people have thousands also. If people have that many then the sinks are ineffective. The options available aren’t being used because the return is too low for the time spent and most importantly, it’s not fun to stand at the MF and drag stuff into the forge for a few silvers profit. If Spirit Shards were used to buy something fun then they would be used more.

I currently have 3k, I was up to like 6k at some point. Currently in the process of upgrading materials a bunch whenever I have some time and gold to spare, but it's a tedious process and barely worth the time honestly. Give us a direct sink, not going over the way of crafting 20 different things or using the forge a billion times to get anything out of them, ty

I don't get enough of them. Remember that not everyone does the same things as you when playing. Some have fewer sources of shards. Some have greater need of them. Complaining that there's too much of a resource you don't happen to use is not constructive.

@"Biff.5312" said:I don't get enough of them. Remember that not everyone does the same things as you when playing. Some have fewer sources of shards. Some have greater need of them. Complaining that there's too much of a resource you don't happen to use is not constructive.

Except it is.Just because someone isn't getting "enough" (I have to wonder what the usage is for someone who claims that), that sounds more like a budgeting problem than not having a great enough faucet. As was said just a few lines ago:

@Just a flesh wound.3589If people have that many then the sinks are ineffective.

I'm thankful at least that I don't have to carry them around, so like Karma, they don't take up inventory while being useless, but there certainly is a point in requesting that our rewards are, y'know, rewarding.

Archived