Story loot drops are terrible

Why is the loot that drops in the personal story so terrible? Out of five bags you get broken keys, gears and thorns that are totally useless garbage. I could see low end materials but not garbage that even the merchants won't take. The loot tables are so terrible and has been since the game started. At least give the garbage a use. Combine them in the mystic forge for low end material. A tack of gears will give you a copper ore. Stack of claws will give you a low level claw and so on. Then it would not be so disappointing after fighting a boss for a while to get your loot chest to find out that the rewards are nothing but garbage. IT leaves a very sour taste to say the least. Please look at the loot drop tables. Thanks for listening to my rant.

"good" rewards usually only from the last story instance - victory or death, hearts and minds, to kill a god.

i wouldnt say the story rewards are too bad though, bags of gear and materials especially from lower level personal story steps are worth a pretty penny on trading post. but yeah, as the others have said - it'd be very easy to farm story instances for rewards otherwise, people already farm lv10 for weekly black lion key and a fair few people use troves of excess tomes to get characters to level 40 or 60 for all 3 black lion keys, and none of the personal story steps are particularly hard to do either...a couple hours at most from 10-80 once you know the story + your class.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Maybe they don’t want people repeatedly running and farming the story to get loot drops.

Which I definitely used to do, when the drops were more interesting.

The best thing about the current loot system is that everyone gets nearly the same loot, whereas in the old system, there was considerable variation from player-to-player through RNG.

Archived