Dueling in WvW

Turkeyspit.3965

@aspirine.5839 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:
  • Walk by and not attack anyone and get past safely and continue on your adventureThe audience of a duel is not always trustworthy. Those players will sometimes peel off to attack someone trying to take the sentry north of south camp (if that's where the duelling is). Doesn't happen every time, but it happens often enough to warrant being wary around any number of enemy players gathered to watch a duel.

Of course, them attacking is all well and fine. It's WvW. But there is no "code of honor" held to by all duellers.

Hmm I have never been attacked by duelers nor the spectators or the people who wait for the next duel though.

i have been attacked by duellers and spectators just for watching duells myself, mostly cause they dont like my class choice or i ganked them earlier while roaming. but that was not really clever because there were no more duells for a while after that. simple rule if you want to duel in peace, ensure i can watch in peace. i mean i had people attack me while their guild mate was in a duel, i dodged ofc killed their duelling guild mate first and then them. some duellers also think you get a fight if you walk up on spectators auto attacking them, as if it was so hard to direct an emote with @i personally prefer ganking and getting ganked to duells as they involve alot more use of the envoirement. i just watch duels from time to time if there is nothing else going on, but if i cant do this in peace i will turn it into a gankparty.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I was solo roaming before work this morning, just trying to quickly bang out some WvW dailies, and right outside my main camp in the borderlands, I saw several enemy players in combat with players from my realm. As a Ranger, I need to attack from the longest distance possible to maximize results, so without hesitating, I started to unload on the first enemy player.

It was only after some quick combat I saw someone typed in /chat "it's a duel".

Now I've come to notice that there is a spot just south of SMC where people duel. Is there like a list of approved dueling spots or something so I don't inadvertently interrupt another 1vs1?

There is one rule in WvW --

IF IT'S RED, IT'S DEAD!

If players want to duel, they can jump to Obsidian Sanctum and use the nice Arena that Anet built there just for them. Taking up Map space to play 1v1 is just rude.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"aspirine.6852" said:Just kill them. It's a warzone. Everything goes.

24 of you said yes to this.

Apparently you aren't being griefed if you do hit any of these duelers, not by the enemy but by our own sides.

The dueling isn't being 'handled', it's being ignored as are the multi-server biases and accounts who double box and more are out of control.

Some can direct from other accounts to get you killed, not once but any time you are on, if you 'dare' to kill any dueler.

I just... In 6 years, I've never been 'griefed' for killing a dueler accidentally.

Not sure what server you play on, but maybe the level of toxicity on that one is such that you might want to consider moving?

Or maybe there is more to them hunting you?

I've been on Ferguson's since the game's been released and I've seen my fair share of "interesting players" when it comes to people watching or participating in the actual duel. Sometimes I've seen thieves pop in and and try to one shot the spectators, and other times I've seen the spectators themselves act as if they're gargoyles and just watch the others die.

I guess the point here is, some people are really weird or something.

@Xenash.1245 said:

@"aspirine.6852" said:Just kill them. It's a warzone. Everything goes.

24 of you said yes to this.

Apparently you aren't being griefed if you do hit any of these duelers, not by the enemy but by our own sides.

The dueling isn't being 'handled', it's being ignored as are the multi-server biases and accounts who double box and more are out of control.

Some can direct from other accounts to get you killed, not once but any time you are on, if you 'dare' to kill any dueler.

I just... In 6 years, I've never been 'griefed' for killing a dueler accidentally.

Not sure what server you play on, but maybe the level of toxicity on that one is such that you might want to consider moving?

Or maybe there is more to them hunting you?

I've been on Ferguson's since the game's been released and I've seen my fair share of "interesting players" when it comes to people watching or participating in the actual duel. Sometimes I've seen thieves pop in and and try to one shot the spectators, and other times I've seen the spectators themselves act as if they're gargoyles and just watch the others die.

I guess the point here is, some people are really weird or something.

Agreed on that point.

@Rabbi Rick.3194 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I was solo roaming before work this morning, just trying to quickly bang out some WvW dailies, and right outside my main camp in the borderlands, I saw several enemy players in combat with players from my realm. As a Ranger, I need to attack from the longest distance possible to maximize results, so without hesitating, I started to unload on the first enemy player.

It was only after some quick combat I saw someone typed in /chat "it's a duel".

Now I've come to notice that there is a spot just south of SMC where people duel. Is there like a list of approved dueling spots or something so I don't inadvertently interrupt another 1vs1?

There is one rule in WvW --

IF IT'S RED, IT'S DEAD!

If players want to duel, they can jump to Obsidian Sanctum and use the nice Arena that Anet built there just for them. Taking up Map space to play 1v1 is just rude.

I feel as if you are mis-using the word "rude" so please explain how it is "rude"?

It depends on the levels of monkeyism.

Duels aren't necessarily bad or an issue. If you're jumping on duellers outside of SM, especially the people waiting until the duel starts to attempt to gank or certain "roamers" who perma stealth only to gank players already duelling others; if this is what it requires for you to get bags then I pity you. I'm sorry but that's exceptionally sad and unfortunately you'll probably never learn to play.

Then again, nothing against killing them. It's just that gankers think they're good for ganking players with no interest in fighting them; but that's WvW. If the duellers are annoying or you particularly dislike them, kill 'm. If you're desperate for a bag or participation so you need to kill duellers... you've got some L2P issues.

It's no different with roamers. I don't particularly enjoy killing roamers with a zerg. But if you're wasting your time 5v1'ing any ele or necro that just isn't close enough to the zerg then you probably deserve to get blobbed. If you cry in whispers about zergs because you get blobbed down after ganking any zergling that isn't close to tag enough with your pro "roaming group" then surely you realise the hypocracy here.

There's a lot of players going "It's a war zone everything is fair game, you do what you need to do to win!!!" That's fair. You do what you need to do to avoid being a loser. But truthfully, trying to not be a loser doesn't really make you a winner. You ganked someone with 0 interest in fighting you, whether it was blobbing a roamer, ganking duellers or chasing a zergling at the end of the day you didn't exactly accomplish anything. And if you fail at killing them you only make a fool out of yourself.

For the people going "THAT'S NOT HOW THE GAMEMODE WAS INTENDED!!!". If they don't leave when asked, kill them or their enemies repeatedly. But the "YOU MUST PLAY HOW INTENDED!!!" is irrelevant. If anet wanted their game to be played a certain way, balance it so this type of play is properly promoted. Oh wait.

"This is not how the gamemode was intended" is a useless argument. Players play the game the way they enjoy and they can promote their intended use. If players rather do something else then... intentions are nice but they probably made a few mistakes.

Overall I find duels in WvW a complete joke tho. Gimmicky shit all around. Can be fun, but if I want "balanced" PvP then i'd rather 5v5. GW2 isn't even close to balanced for duels.

Do not "Dueling" in zerg/main/normal road.Dueling in some place faraway from normal road.N zone of south-camp sentry spot sometime ok sometime no...Most murder class wait for dueling? sometime wait for some1 victim?How can we know witchone is wait for duel or witchone is "Disguise to kill player run pass b-cos he think you wait for dueling somebody"?

If run with zergball or group or solo if see someone not my server it should kill on sight.

Archived