Need opinions on infinite gathering tools, please.

For a player who has 0 Unbound magic and just started getting Volatile magic, which infinite tools would you all recommend? I've only been back in the game a couple of months. Have all the LS unlocked, thanks to the recent sale, but untouched. I'm planning to purchase an infinite gathering set of some kind but I can't decide whether I want the new volatile tools, to wait on unbound to be back in the market, or to just go with the plain ones and purchase the glyphs I want off the TP. Though if I understand correctly I can switch out the glyph on either the UM or VM sets when desired? Thanks all.

Thanks for the opinions. I'm leaning towards the new VM tools, because a) they're available now, and b) with the UM, I would have to wait for the volatile glyph to show up in BLCs and then the TP at who knows what price, if I wanted it also, whereas the unbound glyphs are available on the TP now, so I can choose whichever magic I want to work on. I watched the animation on Dulfy and it doesn't seem too bad. But I think I can reskin it if it bothers me much.

I wish they had straight up glyphs at a discounted rate on sale at the same time as the tools.Like buy the whole tools for 2700, buy just the 3 glyphs for 2000~2300 or one glyph for ~800 gems.I don't have as many permanent tools as many, but i already find that i have too many, and can't quite manage that efficiently. I'd rather just buy more glyphs instead of having to buy tools to put in some dark corner and grab the glyphs from them.

Anyway, i'd recommend the Unbound ones, their animation is pretty fast, and you can switch the glyphs later.

My advice is to get the VM tools and change the animation if you don't like it. It's available now and gets you a currency that is useable at this moment, which has an increased value over the unbound magic ones. We don't know when the unbound glyphs will come back into rotation, so you might be waiting a while on that.

If they put up glyphs on the BLTC, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. But no, they want you to have a chance at a glyph based on chest luck. Regardless, I have a decent amount of 'infinite use' tools and it's quite helpful, even if they aren't glyphed. Because nobody likes trying to find a vendor in the middle of a harvest run because you're out of harvesting tools... especially a skritt like me. Gather ALL the things!

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input. I did end up purchasing the volatile tools. The animation (so far) doesn't bother me - I actually like it. I didn't have any infinite tools at all, so I'm happy with my decision. I love that I can switch things up later if I feel the need for a different bonus, depending on glyph availability of course. Luckily I came back during the last few days of the free glyph offer, so I do have a leatherworker glyph as an option. :).

Archived