Battle of Eternity

cyndelaq.7148

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Garrus.7403 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:There are Mercenary Camps in Eternal Battlegrounds. I'm not sure what you're trying to add here...

Perhaps I overlooked something but what I'm trying to add here is interesting and fun gameplay to an otherwise boring game mode.

Boring for you. Just because you dont enjoy the game mode does not mean other players dont enjoy it. We have to farm tons of pve stuff so you can farm one reward track in wvw. Its a few hours with boost so come on. Most of the wvw players play wvw for fun not for rewards. If you want reward go raiding or do what ever map farm is meta nowadays.

well i wouldnt say no to more rewards in WvW, but the rewards are already not really good implemented in WvW. you get reward for participating and the larger your group the more loot you will get not the better each in your group.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

As primarily a PvE player, I would never set foot in WvW if not for the Gift of Battle...

**as primarily a WvW player, I would never set foot in PvE if not for the Gift of Exploration

It works both ways. Until someone addresses that part, changing the requirements for GoB is a non starter for me.

Very good point that I can relate to but change has to start somewhere.

@cyndelaq.7148 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:There are Mercenary Camps in Eternal Battlegrounds. I'm not sure what you're trying to add here...

Perhaps I overlooked something but what I'm trying to add here is interesting and fun gameplay to an otherwise boring game mode.

maybe it would be more fun to you, but not for others? but they dont matter eh? obly one who matters is you, great.

you dont like solo wvw, you dont like smallscale, you dont like zerging...looks like you dont like fighting other players at all...and someone like you want to change this whole gamemode so it just fits your needs, thats seriously making me angry, how can you even think to be able to make propositions to changes when you like not one of the major aspects of this mode. are you that arrogant?kitten to be you, put up with 5 hours of a bit wvw, you dont even need to fight, you can mostly be afk lol, or dont get a legendary...wvw players had not only play some pve, we had to play this boring oh so repetetive gamemode for years to get our wvw gear

just go eotm dude, there you can run in circles without meeting a single soul for hours, oh and the matchups are only a few hours till reset, hf and now get lost

@Garrus.7403 said:

Boring for you. Just because you dont enjoy the game mode does not mean other players dont enjoy it. We have to farm tons of pve stuff so you can farm one reward track in wvw. Its a few hours with boost so come on. Most of the wvw players play wvw for fun not for rewards. If you want reward go raiding or do what ever map farm is meta nowadays.

I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that feels the way that I feel as I've spoken with multiple people that have expressed similar or the same opinion(s) that I have in this post. While you're right that WvW players have to do PvE content for legendary weapons I don't think that should justify having to do something you literally hate doing, in fact I think it's quite the opposite.

With this said, perhaps several aspects of the game need to looked at and reevaluated. Or perhaps the issue isn't with the individual game modes at all but rather the gifts themselves. Perhaps each individual game mode should have their own respective gifts, I don't know. What I do know is that I do raid; I'll be raiding this weekend. I also will be grinding in Istan at some point as well but those aspects of the game still have nothing to do with my original topic of discussion.

@cyndelaq.7148 said:

As primarily a PvE player, I would never set foot in WvW if not for the Gift of Battle...

**as primarily a WvW player, I would never set foot in PvE if not for the Gift of Exploration

It works both ways. Until someone addresses that part, changing the requirements for GoB is a non starter for me.

Then tell us what you expect. I hate WvW isn't good reasoning.How do you expect players to get legendaries? Outright buy them and remove gifts of mastery? Fair enough, altho that makes them a lot less "legendary". Already true for some new ones.Include PVE only because legendary = pve? That's just... your desires without any foundation.Remove PVE because no wvw player want to deal with PvE players grinding GoB? Perhaps.

Furthermore, you start your post with "I don't like WvW". I think that's fair; I don't like story.But then you go and explain the things that, in your opinion, should be changed about WvW to make it better. I don't think you can give appropriate feedback about a very complex gamemode if you've barely played it and couldn't find to enjoy it. It definitely doesn't make us focus on those suggestions.

Perhaps just realise WvW just... isn't for you? That's OK. Even then, you'll survive 5 hours of farming GoB. If not, as mentioned before I'm sure people will let you afk for 100g. 100g is barely 5% compared to the price of your legendary.

Change has to start somewhere; but you don't tell us what you want to change or why. You don't make good arguments. You just say; I don't like this. Please remove or change it so I like it better without much foundation. I don't think this is a good basis for critique or feedback.

@cyndelaq.7148 said:

I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that feels the way that I feel as I've spoken with multiple people that have expressed similar or the same opinion(s) that I have in this post. While you're right that WvW players have to do PvE content for legendary weapons I don't think that should justify having to do something you literally hate doing, in fact I think it's quite the opposite.

With this said, perhaps several aspects of the game need to looked at and reevaluated. Or perhaps the issue isn't with the individual game modes at all but rather the gifts themselves. Perhaps each individual game mode should have their own respective gifts, I don't know. What I do know is that I do raid; I'll be raiding this weekend. I also will be grinding in Istan at some point as well but those aspects of the game still have nothing to do with my original topic of discussion.

we didnt just have to play pve (a mode many of us hate as much as you hate wvw) for legendaries, we had to play it for BASIC stuff, ascended gear(or even just exotic gear) and even runes we needed for builds, we could only get those in pveand a legendary shouldnt only fun to be obtainable, if you get it still, than you will feel like you accomplished something...i wish wvw was still need for exploration, just to upset you even more geez

@RedShark.9548 said:

maybe it would be more fun to you, but not for others? but they dont matter eh? obly one who matters is you, great.

you dont like solo wvw, you dont like smallscale, you dont like zerging...looks like you dont like fighting other players at all...and someone like you want to change this whole gamemode so it just fits your needs, thats seriously making me angry, how can you even think to be able to make propositions to changes when you like not one of the major aspects of this mode. are you that arrogant?kitten to be you, put up with 5 hours of a bit wvw, you dont even need to fight, you can mostly be afk lol, or dont get a legendary...wvw players had not only play some pve, we had to play this boring oh so repetetive gamemode for years to get our wvw gear

just go eotm dude, there you can run in circles without meeting a single soul for hours, oh and the matchups are only a few hours till reset, hf and now get lost

At what point did I say that I'm the only one that matters? At what point did I even imply that? I didn't... The purpose of this post is to try and better WvW for all people hence why I opened the post up to discussion and yet all I'm receiving is hatred from WvW players.

Surely there must be aspects of WvW that players dislike, for me it's literally the entire mode but that doesn't make my opinion any more/less valid then yours or anyone else's so why not speak up?

At what point was I being arrogant? I dislike this mode and instead of simply complaining I came up with a hypothetical scenario and let it out into the world. If you don't like it that's fine but don't make me out to be the bad guy just because you disagree with me.

Thanks for agreeing with me that WvW is boring.

@Arctisavange.7261 said:Poor PVE player has to do a little bit of WvW just to get his gift of battle.Kind of a news flash to you but A LOT of WvW players were forced to do a TON of PVE for many years to get their runes and gold just to be able to gear up back when there was no reward track system in WvW and getting some specific runes needed the PVE route.That 8 hours of you WvWing is like a joke compared to what WvWrs had to go through to be able to play their game mode.

Imagine now being forced to go in Spvp? When you know the community there is super toxic and the reward it gives depends on if you're winning or loosing ? Still for me (who like both pvp gamemode) I think being WvW locked is stupid AF.

@cyndelaq.7148 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:There are Mercenary Camps in Eternal Battlegrounds. I'm not sure what you're trying to add here...

At what point did I say that I'm the only one that matters? At what point did I even imply that? I didn't... The purpose of this post is to try and better WvW for all people hence why I opened the post up to discussion and yet all I'm receiving is hatred from WvW players.

Surely there must be aspects of WvW that players dislike, for me it's literally the entire mode but that doesn't make my opinion any more/less valid then yours or anyone else's so why not speak up?

At what point was I being arrogant? I dislike this mode and instead of simply complaining I came up with a hypothetical scenario and let it out into the world. If you don't like it that's fine but don't make me out to be the bad guy just because you disagree with me.

Thanks for agreeing with me that WvW is boring.

you are arrogant in assuming that you, who barely played this mode, could have any insight on what to change, even telling us, that you dont like the major aspect of it, which is fighting other players. i said you think you are the only one that matters because you attempt to overhaul a complete gamemode just so it fits your needs (okey maybe also those of your other pve friends who told you that they didnt like wvw) disregardig all thode ppl who played and still play this mode for years because they like it the way it is

trying to turn the words in my mouth? learn to read"wvw players had not only play some pve, we had to play this boring oh so repetetive gamemode for years to get our wvw gear"

since i only mentioned pve as a gamemode in this sentence its obvious i was still talking about pve when i said it was repetetive and boring

@cyndelaq.7148 said:

Did you miss that the Dredge, Ogres, and Hylek mercenary camps do exactly what you are suggesting on EBG and provide additional forces for players to capture nearby camps? Additionally centaurs already do attack on the alpine borderland map and pop defense events at those nodes which gives event credit to whoever goes and scouts that.

If you think these Mercenary Camps are fun and interesting gameplay and should be added, yet they are already there in the game mode that you don't enjoy, then perhaps the issue is you just don't have the understanding of the game mode that you think you do, not that the game mode is boring. Practically everything you wrote in your post is a description of EBG so I'm not sure why you are not playing on it. The only thing missing from your description of EBG is the Champ Arboreal Spirit and the Overgrown Grub bosses.

@cyndelaq.7148 said:

Well, that is assuming that change happens.

So, why not start in with the Gift of Exploration? It is a much longer proposition, boosters don't help, and there is no reward track for it.

In Fact: why not make 'Gift of The Fog of War' and have the WvW players be allowed to explore the WvW map and have it replace the Gift of Exploration in all the recipes? But only allowed for rank 500 and up? And combine it with Badges of Honor?

I might be willing to consider the GoB being different.

@Chaba.5410 said:

Did you miss that the Dredge, Ogres, and Hylek mercenary camps do exactly what you are suggesting on EBG and provide additional forces for players to capture nearby camps? Additionally centaurs already do attack on the alpine borderland map and pop defense events at those nodes which gives event credit to whoever goes and scouts that.

If you think these Mercenary Camps are fun and interesting gameplay and should be added, yet they are already there in the game mode that you don't enjoy, then perhaps the issue is you just don't have the understanding of the game mode that you think you do, not that the game mode is boring. Practically everything you wrote in your post is a description of EBG so I'm not sure why you are not playing on it. The only thing missing from your description of EBG is the Champ Arboreal Spirit and the Overgrown Grub bosses.

Maybe I don't have a great understanding of how WvW is played, that's a very real possibility but if that's the case then why do I never see people doing these? Is it because they're currently not impactful enough? Is it because they don't have any meaningful rewards attached to them? I don't know; you tell me.

@cyndelaq.7148 said:

Maybe I don't have a great understanding of how WvW is played, that's a very real possibility but if that's the case then why do I never see people doing these? Is it because they're currently not impactful enough? Is it because they don't have any meaningful rewards attached to them? I don't know; you tell me.

Maybe you don't see them being done because you don't enjoy the mode and play it rarely?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Well, that is assuming that change happens.

So, why not start in with the Gift of Exploration? It is a much longer proposition, boosters don't help, and there is no reward track for it.

In Fact: why not make 'Gift of The Fog of War' and have the WvW players be allowed to explore the WvW map and have it replace the Gift of Exploration in all the recipes? But only allowed for rank 500 and up? And combine it with Badges of Honor?

I might be willing to consider the GoB being different.

This is a cool idea. If the game modes aren't the issue here but rather the gifts themselves then alternative ways of obtaining them might be a viable solution thus having multiple iterations of the GoB would be a great idea.

@cyndelaq.7148 said:

I see players flipping the mercenary camps all the time! Sometimes they even purposely do not flip them so that their location on the map isn't advertised to enemy players. The key of WvW is playing against other players, not simply mercenary camps.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Someone gets it. The idea is to “encourage” players to try different things.

In my experience with full boosters it only takes roughly 4 hours to complete the reward track if your with a productive commander. Not too bad of a time commitment.

I would suggest starting slow with wvw it grows on you. Do just your daily wvw, they give track advancement, and see what kind of cool stuff is happening.

@cyndelaq.7148 said:

See this is the fundamental issue with your complaint. Boring to who?

Boring to you.

There are many players that only go into PvE for gold, OR to gather what you need to make a legendary. Trust me when I say GoB is NOTHING compared to exploration. PvE is boring to us. So I would gladly advocate ANEt make GoB easier for you to obtain IF they made everything we would need out of PvE-land easier for us to obtain.

It's called Gift of Battle for a reason... Not Gift of Buying.Imagine having to get it pre-Reward Track... You'd actually have to go out and fight other players to get your badges to buy it~!! THE HORROR~!!

...or you did like me and farmed the jumping puzzles for a month back in 2013

MC's and DE's (to an extent) already exist. In ABL, you can farm the ghosts in the ruins, the champion aboreal thing NW of the NW camp, champ wurm by the SE Keep as well as others in ABLs (centaurs/skritt...etc). They dont get progressively stronger, however they are DE's (where you probably havent seen these, ill sum it up that you didnt know).

Its understandable for someone who doesnt WvW to look for ways to make it easier in certain aspects (most commonly for GoB) however WvW doesnt get as much love as PvE so it will typically fall on deaf ears. Its possible with the alliance system other things may change, however we will have to wait and see.

Archived