Blood Necro Rezzing

I believe Anet seriously needs to look at this specificaly its outrageously difficult to stop/cleave if your solo qing because half the time people dont realize that the necro is blood unless its to late.

In my opinion it is by far in a way the most broken rez ability in pvp, needs some nerfing for it to be equalized with the rest of the rez abilities the other professions can use. The fact that its been left untouched beggers belief really in this current iteration of balance.

Yeah it's a good rez but not op. It's just right. It's not our fault rngs don't want to use their rez no more! Not our fault eng don't want gyro that is also most op finish and rez, not our fault fb don't relize how strong they can be rezzing. Blood is only rez called strong because we only ones who care to rez now days. Won't bother us if u nurf as we can stick with blood but go selfish with the traits and be stronger.

@Poledra Val.1490 said:half the time people dont realize that the necro is blood unless its to late.

Blood rez is OP, but this is a pure L2P issue. In combat blood scourge puts a buff on every ally in the fight that stays active until the fight is over or the scourge is killed. If you are targeting any enemy at all you should be able to see there's a blood scourge around.

@witcher.3197 said:

@Poledra Val.1490 said:half the time people dont realize that the necro is blood unless its to late.

Blood rez is OP, but this is a pure L2P issue. In combat blood scourge puts a buff on every ally in the fight that stays active until the fight is over or the scourge is killed. If you are targeting any enemy at all you should be able to see there's a blood scourge around.

Whilst I agree with you it is an L2P situation the problem is its overall ability to rez is incredibly strong and needs a slight nerf to be bought to par with the rest of the current rez inclined professions.

@Poledra Val.1490 said:I believe Anet seriously needs to look at this specificaly its outrageously difficult to stop/cleave if your solo qing because half the time people dont realize that the necro is blood unless its to late.

In my opinion it is by far in a way the most broken rez ability in pvp, needs some nerfing for it to be equalized with the rest of the rez abilities the other professions can use. The fact that its been left untouched beggers belief really in this current iteration of balance.

True facts my man. No class should be able to revive a player through heavy cleave.

@Ovark.2514 said:

@Poledra Val.1490 said:I believe Anet seriously needs to look at this specificaly its outrageously difficult to stop/cleave if your solo qing because half the time people dont realize that the necro is blood unless its to late.

True facts my man. No class should be able to revive a player through heavy cleave.

Thats just an opinion not a fact at all. Like saying its too hot out today is a statement of opinion (someone else might like it hot) while saying its 90 degrees today is a fact.

@Poledra Val.1490 said:

at this point what does necro have left to do? LOL

First no allies in pve want epidemic now the new thing is that rezing with little to no stab it too strong?

The profession thats suppose to be master of conditions and death / death prevention is not allowed to be strong at rezzing downed people.....

What do you play? In my opinion lets bring its strong points down to necros levels and see what happens maybe thats the way things should happen.

@"Ovark.2514" said:

You do realize that was the original point of stomping a downed player correct?Thats why players have so much more hp in the down state so you cant easily just cleave them to death or in doing so takes just about as long or longer than a stomp would have taken.The game was never intended for you to just cleave a body to death once it goes into the down state but people found this to be the optimal thing to do in most cases unless you are a mesmer , thief, guardian, ranger, that can protect themselves via stealth, blinks,blocks, or invuln while stomping.

When you are the one cleaving "You shouldnt be able to revive through this?!?!"When you are the one being cleaved "Yes revive me pls! Thank you"

Logical...._.

@Ovark.2514 said:

Can't wait for the FB nerf then.

Necromancer has come a very long way. 6 years+ of being unfavored, undervalued, unloved and undeserving. While others were being favored, loved unconditionally; the Necromancer stood alone, abandoned, mistreated and helpless. The Necromancer community felts its pain as well and had made many attempts to capture Anet heart but all failed,,,until now.

The Necromancer is finally is getting equal love by Anet. So it is a pleasure for me to urge Anet to keep this feature for the Necromancer. They deserve it and deserve the very best of things now and for tomorrow.

Thank You! in advance Anet

"Somehow, you convinced us to believe in Love again"N ecromancer

I do not like necros, but let's be honest, it's a very easy class to kill. The big problem with the game is in '' L2P ''. If you do not have good teammates enough to hit a target, consider a lost game.

Personally I think that the res is very OK right now, it's absolutely not enough to res through cleave, and this is why a good Necro will always port you away from AoE with F4 and then res you. What you are assuming to be res through damage is likely ressing without any damage done at all because the Scourge waited for the right moment to teleport the player away from damage and quickly get him/her up again. This is just what rangers can and should be doing but have dropped in favor of their 1hit-no-scope-1337 traits and utilities. It's also not as bad as engineers stealthing people so you can't even think of stomping them before res. Transfusion has not been changed since forever and it was never considered to not be balanced, if anything the current meta is too focused on cleave and a natural counter simply came up.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:Personally I think that the res is very OK right now, it's absolutely not enough to res through cleave, and this is why a good Necro will always port you away from AoE with F4 and then res you. What you are assuming to be res through damage is likely ressing without any damage done at all because the Scourge waited for the right moment to teleport the player away from damage and quickly get him/her up again. This is just what rangers can and should be doing but have dropped in favor of their 1hit-no-scope-1337 traits and utilities. It's also not as bad as engineers stealthing people so you can't even think of stomping them before res. Transfusion has not been changed since forever and it was never considered to not be balanced, if anything the current meta is too focused on cleave and a natural counter simply came up.

Rezzing used to be a bigger part of this game. Maybe at one point it was too big of part/easy but now except for Necros and Firebrand it almost rarely happens unless its an outnumbered fight (easier for the team with the numbers advantage to rez) or complete luck like someone dropping right in front of teammates before the enemy can react. Its lazy to expect one or two people cleaving to be able to stop all rez attempts. Why do we have stomping again? Stomping is also something that has gone out of fashion. People just want to dps a downed body for a couple seconds and have it finish someone every time. If thats the case lets just get rid of downed state.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@"Ovark.2514" said:

You do realize that was the original point of stomping a downed player correct?Thats why players have so much more hp in the down state so you cant easily just cleave them to death or in doing so takes just about as long or longer than a stomp would have taken.The game was never intended for you to just cleave a body to death once it goes into the down state but people found this to be the optimal thing to do in most cases unless you are a mesmer , thief, guardian, ranger, that can protect themselves via stealth, blinks,blocks, or invuln while stomping.

When you are the one cleaving "You shouldnt be able to revive through this?!?!"When you are the one being cleaved "Yes revive me pls! Thank you"

Logical...._.

Yes I see where you're coming from. The issue lies in the fact that if you take the however many seconds necessary to properly stomp the player, they will long since have already been revived. You are standing in the well which is helping that player get revived. all it takes is a simple interrupt to stop you. Necros can easily fear you then go right back to reviving. Your only option therefore is to cleave for all you're worth and hope an ally comes to finish the stomp or kill the necro etc.

@Ovark.2514 said:

Logical...._.

Yes I see where you're coming from. The issue lies in the fact that if you take the however many seconds necessary to properly stomp the player, they will long since have already been revived. You are standing in the well which is helping that player get revived. all it takes is a simple interrupt to stop you. Necros can easily fear you then go right back to reviving. Your only option therefore is to cleave for all you're worth and hope an ally comes to finish the stomp or kill the necro etc.

You could just interrupt the necro and then cleave.

@Ovark.2514 said:

Logical...._.

Why aren't you casting stability/invis?

@ZDragon.3046 said:

You do realize that was the original point of stomping a downed player correct?

If you down someone then immediately start your stomp animation with a 1 second head start over their blood necro, the necro can still rez faster than you can finish the stomp.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

If you down someone then immediately start your stomp animation with a 1 second head start over their blood necro, the necro can still rez faster than you can finish the stomp.

I could argue that any player even a non support player rez'ing a downed body could get them up faster than you could stomp you know. It does happen quite often.

That does not mean blood rez needs to be culled if anything it means more unique finishers need to be looked into. Stomping is a mechanic as old as the game but skills and other things have updated since then. This means that stomping needs to be looked into.The only update to stomps was via daredevil's elite which will finish a person instantly if it downs them and it can be executed while a player is downed to finish them quickly.

Perhaps more skills like daredevil elite need to be developed in the future or added to some of the high damage elites. For exampleBerserker headbuttLast hit of Chono's Gravity Well.Dragon Hunters Elite trapReapers Chilled to the bone.

Etc.Thats just something I would think to look to before out right nerfing rez'ing. Especially on a profession that has mostly just boon corrupt and high rez'ing speed as some of its best qualities.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

I could argue that any player even a non support player rez'ing a downed body could get them up faster than you could stomp you know. It does happen quite often.

That does not mean blood rez needs to be culled if anything it means more unique finishers need to be looked into. Stomping is a mechanic as old as the game but skills and other things have updated since then. This means that stomping needs to be looked into.The only update to stomps was via daredevil's elite which will finish a person instantly if it downs them and it can be executed while a player is downed to finish them quickly.

Perhaps more skills like daredevil elite need to be developed in the future or added to some of the high damage elites. For example

I wasn't trying to make an argument, just stating the facts. Also, I'm pretty sure someone without significant HP or rez traits will take longer than 3.5 seconds (stomp time) or at least it will be very close in time, whereas I consistently notice blood necros (who are easily capable of beginning their rez the instant someone goes down with shroud 4) rezzing someone back to full in around 2.5 seconds or less.

I like the suggestion on more skills/functions leading to faster stomps though. It would be interesting to say the least.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

Perhaps more skills like daredevil elite need to be developed in the future or added to some of the high damage elites. For example

I wasn't trying to make an argument, just stating the facts. Also, I'm pretty sure someone without significant HP or rez traits will take longer than 3.5 seconds (stomp time) or at least it will be very close in time, whereas I consistently notice blood necros (who are easily capable of beginning their rez the instant someone goes down with shroud 4) rezzing someone back to full in around 2.5 seconds or less.

I like the suggestion on more skills/functions leading to faster stomps though. It would be interesting to say the least.

Well i mean it is there specialty Necro is bad at alot of things but it really shines in being a pain in the butt in the few things its good at, condition control, boon corrupt, reviving downed players.

As some one else pointed out not focusing the necro first can lead to trouble (and i cant believe i just said that cause i hate being focused fired lmao) but its true.

The request to nef reviving speed would be = necros saying every other profession has too much mobility, speed, and damage and they should all be brought down to match its level instead of asking for them to be adjusted to be a bit better in those things.You have to remember as much as you hate a necro reviving some one through your burst it can potentially happen on your team just as much even if you dont see it happening because you are not the downed player.

Ideally asking for a nerf to this is a hit to necros and to non necro players as well.

Archived