Linking servers is not fair, advice for move to another server?

TheChino.2153

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean "now"? In semi-recent memory, SBI was never a fight server. Casual PPT was about it. Things are just returning to normal.

That being said, if you like omniblob gameplay, the SoR/HoD alliance just got pretty dang fat. KN is reasonably stacked, though usually running multiple groups instead of one big blob. FA is still full, I think, but if they're open, they'd be another decent option.

That being said, if you like omniblob gameplay, the SoR/HoD alliance just got pretty dang fat. KN is reasonably stacked, though usually running multiple groups instead of one big blob. FA is still full, I think, but if they're open, they'd be another decent option.In your honest opinion between SoR and HoD, wich one do u prefer?

@TheChino.2153 said:

That being said, if you like omniblob gameplay, the SoR/HoD alliance just got pretty dang fat. KN is reasonably stacked, though usually running multiple groups instead of one big blob. FA is still full, I think, but if they're open, they'd be another decent option.In your honest opinion between SoR and HoD, wich one do u prefer?

I actually used to be on SoR, and getting linked with HoD made me transfer off. Neither server had a population worth mentioning, and no real guilds. But that was quite a few months ago before a large number of YB and JQ guilds saw the success that could be had by an alliance moving to a link server. SoR is basically the new Kaineng, and between SoR and HoD, I would go SoR. In another 6 weeks, it will probably become a host server, just as KN did with the last relink. They seem to have a VERY high PPT potential, with probably more SEA/OCX coverage than KN can muster, which is giving them the edge in the current match.

SoR dwarfs KN and it isn’t close

3 of the guilds (SF CALM FLUX) can nearlyqueue a map on their own.

KN is a pug dream because of constant tags and tons of commanders to pick from. SoR is JQ2.0.

KN is probably a t2 server right now with its link. SoR combo is probably the fattest server in NA now and gonna shoot to T1

Take your pick really.

Hey this is Canis, someone who was born and raised on SBI. I've helped run countless server meetings, training events and helped with the website and community TS. My heart belongs to SBI and I will always love it, we however stink and it's no fault of our own. Over the last three years we have seen more and more players transfer off the server in search of a better WvW environment. Most of those players have quit all together, a few of them remain and are now in some pretty good WvW guilds.

When the game freely allows groups to move from server to server you end up with destroyed communities that are left out to die. I love this game, but part of me will always hate ArenaNet for destroying our community and taking 4+ years to do something about it.

I have a full time job now, and ended up following a guild to another server, Anvil Rock. It's very small with much less negativity (so far). It left a hole in my heart to leave a server I spent so much time and effort in but SBI has nothing left to give, all the talent has left, most of the old school WvW players stopped playing, and we have horribly skilled pugs who just don't want to get better.

Just my two cents.

Miss my SBI folks. <3

@"TheChino.2153" said:My server SBI was linked with Kaineng and ended on T1, now my server is trash we cant even fight...https://ibb.co/dE2oRolook at and see how we only get on 3rd Place every time http://gw2stats.com/na/matchups/Im gonna move to another server but idk wich one is good, i play on zerg mostly, and i play on NA and EST timezone any advice on server?

Well you're about to drop today so I dunno why you would want to move now.

@grifflyman.8102 said:Hey this is Canis, someone who was born and raised on SBI. I've helped run countless server meetings, training events and helped with the website and community TS. My heart belongs to SBI and I will always love it, we however stink and it's no fault of our own. Over the last three years we have seen more and more players transfer off the server in search of a better WvW environment. Most of those players have quit all together, a few of them remain and are now in some pretty good WvW guilds.

When the game freely allows groups to move from server to server you end up with destroyed communities that are left out to die. I love this game, but part of me will always hate ArenaNet for destroying our community and taking 4+ years to do something about it.

I have a full time job now, and ended up following a guild to another server, Anvil Rock. It's very small with much less negativity (so far). It left a hole in my heart to leave a server I spent so much time and effort in but SBI has nothing left to give, all the talent has left, most of the old school WvW players stopped playing, and we have horribly skilled pugs who just don't want to get better.

Just my two cents.

Miss my SBI folks. <3

I mean, let's be real here. You got a taste of that alliance life, being apart of those blobs and open guild raids gave you something that you have missed for years. The alliance comes into servers, takes all your best players and leaves. Your server ended up like poor old Tarnished coast did not too long ago. Can you blame these players tho? Nothing else to do in this gamemode.

Just a little info, currently SBI is tanking cause you had everyone bandwagon to Kain during the link and yet SBI stayed in T1 cause of bad RNG while fighting BG and SOS that are T1 population. Some guilds even took the week off to drop to I think T3. Also some guilds cause they basically got bored or some excuse of players not being good (yet other people don't seem to have a problem with it), leaving us with the core players that keep putting in 100% no matter what the outcome is. SBI will be fine as any server with new links, just need time to move tiers and it will be the same for the next 2 months and then repeat. Now if there is no one in your timezone and want T1, I suggest SOR cause basically all of JQ went to it and will be in T1 in no time.

@morrolan.9608 said:

@"TheChino.2153" said:My server SBI was linked with Kaineng and ended on T1, now my server is trash we cant even fight...
look at and see how we only get on 3rd Place every time
Im gonna move to another server but idk wich one is good, i play on zerg mostly, and i play on NA and EST timezone any advice on server?

Fighting SoR and NSP is surely not going to be fun for SBI over the coming week. If they even bother trying to fight. Exercise in futility.

ANet needs to hurry up with the restructure, or at the very least consolidate NA down to 3 tiers. There are too many dead/dying servers at this point, and it's only getting worse with the mass migrations going on in the past couple months.

@Optimator.3589 said:

@"TheChino.2153" said:My server SBI was linked with Kaineng and ended on T1, now my server is trash we cant even fight...
look at and see how we only get on 3rd Place every time
Im gonna move to another server but idk wich one is good, i play on zerg mostly, and i play on NA and EST timezone any advice on server?

Fighting SoR and NSP is surely not going to be fun for SBI over the coming week. If they even bother trying to fight. Exercise in futility.

ANet needs to hurry up with the restructure, or at the very least consolidate NA down to 3 tiers. There are too many dead/dying servers at this point, and it's only getting worse with the mass migrations going on in the past couple months.

Nah they just need to lower the average play hours of a server to HOD. once you pass HOD, full locked. every server gets 3 guilds that can dodge roll, rest spread out and git gud.

@"TheChino.2153" said:My server SBI was linked with Kaineng and ended on T1, now my server is trash we cant even fight...https://ibb.co/dE2oRolook at and see how we only get on 3rd Place every time http://gw2stats.com/na/matchups/Im gonna move to another server but idk wich one is good, i play on zerg mostly, and i play on NA and EST timezone any advice on server?

It was sort of a perfect storm of bad luck and coincidences that led to the last few weeks. We knew we were only in T1 because of Kaineng, we knew the re-link was coming, so we planned to move down the week before. Unluckily, they used glicko ratings to determine the matchups, and SBI was placed in T1 even though we lost the previous matchup. The next matchup is JQ/SBI/BG, we plan to lose again but JQ tanks even harder (while SBI had a much much lower population and activity). We are finally moving down this week, but it's 2 weeks overdue. We probably still need to go down a tier to at least be competitive.

I couldn't blame you for wanting to leave if you don't have much of a connection to the community. BP, our link server did just have a bunch of people transfer to it though, so I am expecting much more activity this week.

SoR and HoD are both now loaded with good guilds. SoR got a lot of transfers from JQ. With this pairing there are Qs during EU and on reset there are 20+ Qs on most maps. Only a few hours out of the day is there no tag up so if you like to zerg and don't mind Qs those are servers you should be looking at.

That said, I move around to the "cheap servers" whenever the fighting turns stale. I really enjoy playing with and against pretty much every server.

Hmmm... My guild is the greatest fight guild in the game, but how could we make things more fun and exciting? Oh I know! How about we get all the other guilds to transfer over and we all play for the same team!? That's a great idea! We will be best of the best, and It will be very uplifting to ROFL stomp those guys who stand guard at the enemy gates! After that we could always /emote those so called legendary defenders and give them a piece of our mind. Things looking up for us fight guilds :)

@Quednau.7390 said:Hmmm... My guild is the greatest fight guild in the game, but how could we make things more fun and exciting? Oh I know! How about we get all the other guilds to transfer over and we all play for the same team!? That's a great idea! We will be best of the best, and It will be very uplifting to ROFL stomp those guys who stand guard at the enemy gates! After that we could always /emote those so called legendary defenders and give them a piece of our mind. Things looking up for us fight guilds :)

Gratz for being in [Cook]. Everyone knows Molasses is NA #1 Commander!

The whole relinking stuff does more bad than good. Either your server gets stacked because all the idiots and their families transfer to your server or they all transfer off your server. Meanwhile you get a link server that is almost dead for some weeks and you can't do anything in wvw besides flipping camps.Can we get back to the idea to make transfers more expensive the more often you use them, please?

@geist.9173 said:The whole relinking stuff does more bad than good. Either your server gets stacked because all the idiots and their families transfer to your server or they all transfer off your server. Meanwhile you get a link server that is almost dead for some weeks and you can't do anything in wvw besides flipping camps.Can we get back to the idea to make transfers more expensive the more often you use them, please?

Well...thats what you were doing before links anyways in papyrus league. At least with links we graduate to wood league.

@"shiri.4257" said:It's always been amusing how people claim "better community, more skilled players, fight server, fight guild" when the circus comes to town. B)

It's funny how they rather go on empty dead servers / links / avoid the majority of pug players than stack and join them. It's almost like some players are... a negative impact.

I mean I find it hilarious that everyone transfers /away/ from quite large servers to go to links with far less players yet somehow you talk about "stacking". Yes - the quality of the players there is better. So if your existing communities are, across the board, so bad that guilds rather play without you than with you, don't you think some of you are doing some things wrong?

At a certain point you get tired of dealing with players who simply refuse to learn. Lots of crying about others bandwagoning yet not a single existing server is appealing enough to lure in more guilds over these random new link servers; and plenty of guilds are willing to pay thousands of gems just to nope the fuck out of where they were.

I hear playing with players who have dodge key bound is toxic elitist stacking behavior reserved for GvG guilds.

Archived