How long does the festival last?

@Randulf.7614 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Couldn't find this anywhere. Just want it to be over ASAP.

The patch notes say August 14th.

I'm going to bite...why do you want it over?

Ah sorry, I don't know why I didn't see. I'm just feeling bad because I have some extremely rare items which I got not so long ago (Chak Egg Sac and Invisible Boots). They're going to be devalued quite significantly in the lengthy time of the festival. It's great for everyone else... not so much for me.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Couldn't find this anywhere. Just want it to be over ASAP.

Ah sorry, I don't know why I didn't see. I'm just feeling bad because I have some extremely rare items which I got not so long ago (Chak Egg Sac and Invisible Boots). They're going to be devalued quite significantly in the lengthy time of the festival. It's great for everyone else... not so much for me.

I am curious, why would the Chak Egg and Invisible Boots devalue during the festival?

@Randulf.7614 said:

I am curious, why would the Chak Egg and Invisible Boots devalue during the festival?

They are super rare drops from the BL chest and zephyrite supply boxes.

But... given the rarity, we won't see huge changes in availability or price. I think the OP will lose out if they bought the Sac at 15k hoping to resell for 20k, but ... it would take a ton of them to trade in-game and on the grey market before the price drops significantly below 10-15k.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

They are super rare drops from the BL chest and zephyrite supply boxes.

But... given the rarity, we won't see huge changes in availability or price. I think the OP will lose out if they bought the Sac at 15k hoping to resell for 20k, but ... it would take a ton of them to trade in-game and on the grey market before the price drops significantly below 10-15k.

Ahhh OK now I understand

@Khisanth.2948 said:Even if it the event ends the BLC content doesn't necessarily have to change. I think we already have precedent for that with a previous chest.

Yes, but the current guaranteed drop will end (probably never to return in its current form) when the Festival of the Four Winds Chest is replaced with the next incarnation. It's never been more than 86 days and that was over a year ago. In the last year, nearly all changes have happened after 3, 4, or 5 weeks, with the exceptions being the chest before PoF launched, and the one released before the delayed Long Live the Lich, i.e. when there were external reasons for the chests to remain longer than ~4 weeks.

Or tl;dr history suggests this one will last no more than a week or two past the end of the festival.

@Brother.1504 said:

Why do you want it to be over? Ran the pavilion with “hardcore” wvw types earlier and they were having fun doing pve. Scandalous I know!!?

The sooner it ends, the less my extremely rare items will be devalued. I did hundreds of Tangled Depths meta events and was lucky enough to get a Chak Egg Sac.

Since the festival began, there have been 30 Chak Egg Sacs sold on the Trading Post...

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:I'm just feeling bad because I have some extremely rare items which I got not so long ago (Chak Egg Sac and Invisible Boots).

And that is reason enough to refuse experiencing the fun that is the Festival of the Fout Winds? :s C'mon.

Furthermore, AFAIK the Chak Egg is not included in the list of super rare drops. Speaking of which, super rare means that most likely much less than 1% of the players will be lucky enough to get such a drop.

P.S. There have been many items that were "devaluated" by adding new methods of acquisiton. It is quite selfish to begrudge other people for their chance of receiving a certain item only because you had such a hard time getting your hands on it. No one forced you to spend endless hours in the Tangled Depths, you did it willingly. Now a few others will have a similarly small chance of receiving the item via different means. Be happy for them, don't be sour and boykott the festival over that.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:I'm just feeling bad because I have some extremely rare items which I got not so long ago (Chak Egg Sac and Invisible Boots).

And that is reason enough to refuse experiencing the fun that is the Festival of the Fout Winds? :s C'mon.

Furthermore, AFAIK the Chak Egg is not included in the list of super rare drops. Speaking of which,
super rare
means that most likely much less than 1% of the players will be lucky enough to get such a drop.

P.S. There have been many items that were "devaluated" by adding new methods of acquisiton. It is quite selfish to begrudge other people for their chance of receiving a certain item only because you had such a hard time getting your hands on it. No one forced you to spend endless hours in the Tangled Depths, you did it willingly. Now a few others will have a similarly small chance of receiving the item via different means. Be happy for them, don't be sour and boykott the festival over that.

Oh you misunderstand, that isn't why I'm "boycotting" the festival. I'm not going to the festival because I don't think it's very fun personally, actually I don't do much PvE in the game besides some gold farming, and the main bulk of my gameplay happens in WvW.

No I know nobody "forced" me to try and get the item. But for many years it was the only way to get it, even if Anet does devalue some items I would've never thought it would happen to these particular items. I hope you see that not only is it a slap in the face to players like me, it's a nasty cash grab on players like you and the next guy.

Were you buying it because you liked it or as an investment? Regardless, buying things counting on the price only going up isn't always a good idea. This isn't Magic the gathering where there's a reserve list preventing the company from reprinting old stuff. If there's something that's hard to get and desirable, there's nothing stopping them from re-releasing it in a format that's easier to get to drive interest in new/returning content, and they probably will do so. Even stuff like Scarlet's Rainbow and town clothes tonics aren't a safe bet just because they've been skipped over.

It's especially true when items are too expensive to be sold on the TP, since they want all transactions to go through there. That's absolutely something they're going to deal with.

idk, but that item should have personal value to you in that case, not material value since you didn't seem to want to sell it anyway. Be happy you have an OG Egg sac then instead of choosing to be grumpy over ridiculous items actually being circulated again. I can only speak from the perspective of a person farming mushrooms every single day to get those stupid invisible boots that I am grateful they added another way to get them. Been over 2 years since I started doing it and I wasn't lucky yet, so..

I've opened like 2k supply chests and the rarest thing i got was a back skin for 4g

Archived