Share builds please

JacobsHell.6251

I am suffering hard in WvW on my necro which I main. Reaper was not working and new specialization is not working. I am sure I am building all wrong. There are classes in WvW I cant even get their life to go down and that is not cool.I do have PoF now which I didn't past week or so.

Reaper hits super hard in power, but the nerf to shroud really hurts it for wvw roaming. If you can run with even 1 other person it works pretty well and you can reasonably fight 1 vs 2 or 3. The problem is shroud regen nerf is horrible and you have next to no mobility, and with the plethora of soulbeasts, mirage and holosmiths running around, you have to be top 5% if you want to have success. Soulbeast got buffed and can burn you to dead before you can do anything, holosmith is still overtuned and mirage is waay overtuned still, although it's borderline whether or not I would call it broken like a lot of people do. Warriors of every flavor are still tough because they have too much armor, regen, invulns, blocks, and escape tools/gap closers, and that's even when they are full dps.

Try a couple things, maybe find people who log when you do and tag along. If you want to stay necro, friends are a good thing.

@Ubi.4136 said:Reaper hits super hard in power, but the nerf to shroud really hurts it for wvw roaming. If you can run with even 1 other person it works pretty well and you can reasonably fight 1 vs 2 or 3. The problem is shroud regen nerf is horrible and you have next to no mobility, and with the plethora of soulbeasts, mirage and holosmiths running around, you have to be top 5% if you want to have success. Soulbeast got buffed and can burn you to dead before you can do anything, holosmith is still overtuned and mirage is waay overtuned still, although it's borderline whether or not I would call it broken like a lot of people do. Warriors of every flavor are still tough because they have too much armor, regen, invulns, blocks, and escape tools/gap closers, and that's even when they are full dps.

Try a couple things, maybe find people who log when you do and tag along. If you want to stay necro, friends are a good thing.

warriors have no invuln, when will ppl learn?holo mirage and thief outrun warrior anytime, soulbeasts and druids not always, depends on builds.

solo necro is very hard to play and very frustrating, id recommend fleshwurm for the 1200 blink, its very much needed as necro is slow affind 1 or 2 ppl to roam with them, its more fun anyways to play with friends

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Ubi.4136" said:Reaper hits super hard in power, but the nerf to shroud really hurts it for wvw roaming. If you can run with even 1 other person it works pretty well and you can reasonably fight 1 vs 2 or 3. The problem is shroud regen nerf is horrible and you have next to no mobility, and with the plethora of soulbeasts, mirage and holosmiths running around, you have to be top 5% if you want to have success. Soulbeast got buffed and can burn you to dead before you can do anything, holosmith is still overtuned and mirage is waay overtuned still, although it's borderline whether or not I would call it broken like a lot of people do. Warriors of every flavor are still tough because they have too much armor, regen, invulns, blocks, and escape tools/gap closers, and that's even when they are full dps.

warriors have no invuln, when will ppl learn?holo mirage and thief outrun warrior anytime, soulbeasts and druids not always, depends on builds.

solo necro is very hard to play and very frustrating, id recommend fleshwurm for the 1200 blink, its very much needed as necro is slow affind 1 or 2 ppl to roam with them, its more fun anyways to play with friends

I just assumed they added an invul during all the changes recently, and as a rarely play warrior for wvw, don't change my build often. Lately though, I have been seeing warriors "invulnerable" while bursting on them, may be a bug, may be "third party crap", but seeing it a lot more lately.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:Reaper hits super hard in power, but the nerf to shroud really hurts it for wvw roaming. If you can run with even 1 other person it works pretty well and you can reasonably fight 1 vs 2 or 3. The problem is shroud regen nerf is horrible and you have next to no mobility, and with the plethora of soulbeasts, mirage and holosmiths running around, you have to be top 5% if you want to have success. Soulbeast got buffed and can burn you to dead before you can do anything, holosmith is still overtuned and mirage is waay overtuned still, although it's borderline whether or not I would call it broken like a lot of people do. Warriors of every flavor are still tough because they have too much armor, regen, invulns, blocks, and escape tools/gap closers, and that's even when they are full dps.

I just assumed they added an invul during all the changes recently, and as a rarely play warrior for wvw, don't change my build often. Lately though, I have been seeing warriors "invulnerable" while bursting on them, may be a bug, may be "third party crap", but seeing it a lot more lately.

the only time you can see it on warrior would be with specific runes ir if it was a sylvary as those have a 3 sec invuln as class elite

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

the only time you can see it on warrior would be with specific runes ir if it was a sylvary as those have a 3 sec invuln as class elite

Damn, I never considered the racial skills, cause they're almost all crap. Yeah, that could be too. Guess I should re-read those.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

kitten, I never considered the racial skills, cause they're almost all crap. Yeah, that could be too. Guess I should re-read those.

ive mostly seen it on eles as they are sqishy as kitten and dont rly have impressives elites anyways

@JacobsHell.6251 said:I am suffering hard in WvW on my necro which I main. Reaper was not working and new specialization is not working. I am sure I am building all wrong. There are classes in WvW I cant even get their life to go down and that is not cool.I do have PoF now which I didn't past week or so.

Sadly not all classes are made for WvW, u can try it all but... u will be pissed.As Reaper, take a look at Holts YouTube videos. However, you will be a joke to almost all classes on WvW.But you're right POF smashed almost all old classes from HoT, and Anet must be guilty.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@"JacobsHell.6251" said:Well if I am on my own. I will need a roaming build. I don't care for any support build on a necro either.

necro is not really a good solo roamer, no matter the build

Reaper it is actually a decent roam, issue is other have more easy access to mobility, survibiality and high damage xD, others are "more balanced classes" since most scrubs can play them w/o much effort or understandings.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"JacobsHell.6251" said:Well if I am on my own. I will need a roaming build. I don't care for any support build on a necro either.

Reaper it is actually a decent roam, issue is other have more easy access to mobility, survibiality and high damage xD, others are "more balanced classes" since most scrubs can play them w/o much effort or understandings.

ok necro is good, but everyone else is better. you can counter a necro too easily so the necros experience doenst matter at all. sure against bad players you can do with every class, but why play a class that can only handle bad players

@MUDse.7623 said:

ok necro is good, but everyone else is better. you can counter a necro too easily so the necros experience doenst matter at all.

Actually it matters, and it needs to be understanded why other classes are so overperforming against that class?

Due overperfamce?Due actually is a counter? or a forced counter to actually have amdandtory win (Placebo win, sadly Anet casual gameplay is based on this).Or if is actually some skills on the reaper part that needs to be check and buffed?

@RedShark.9548 said:

Iirc invuln is technically anything that makes you invulnerable to damage. Theoretically Endure Pain is an invuln skill as it negate physical damage. Ranger's Sig of Stone is the same thing for example. The Invuln you are thinking is ones like Mist Form, Distortion and Elixir S.

why do you think every class has to be a duelist?some classes are just better in solo roaming/1vX fights then other classes. necro is alot more needed in groupfights. i mean people dont complain as much in spvp that their class cant take every role, in WvW everyone wants their class to be an optimal solo roamer. sure you can solo roam on any class, just some will be better then others.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Iirc invuln is technically anything that makes you invulnerable to damage. Theoretically Endure Pain is an invuln skill as it negate physical damage. Ranger's Sig of Stone is the same thing for example. The Invuln you are thinking is ones like Mist Form, Distortion and Elixir S.

no invuln and stuff that sets physical dmg to 0 are very much different things, while invuln you cant be cced(except guard because its a channel), you cant get new conditions on you, already applied conditions wont hurt you.

those are huge differences that change how you fight an opponent that has either of those 2

@RedShark.9548 said:

no invuln and stuff that sets physical dmg to 0 are very much different things, while invuln you cant be cced(except guard because its a channel), you cant get new conditions on you, already applied conditions wont hurt you.

those are huge differences that change how you fight an opponent that has either of those 2

You cant CC an invuln guard. IIRC

@Solori.6025 said:

You cant CC an invuln guard. IIRC

well i havent played guard for a while, it used to be like that, anyways that doesnt change my point at all, that invuln is way different than 0 physical dmg skills

Archived