DELETE ALL PASSIVS LIFESAVER

Arkantos.7460

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Chaith.8256 said:This forum:

This game is too bursty, I can't keep up and avoid instantly dying!

Also:

This game has too many lifesaving passives so I can't catch people by surprise and kill them in 2 seconds, reeee

More likely different when the skill triggers automatically than when you have to click on it.First case, you can spam your DPS without caring. Nothing skill based.Second case, you might have to panic click on it, or even die because you didn't react enough quick. This can lead to strategic and bluff gameplays, much more skill based.

@Abazigal.3679 said:

Also:

This game has too many lifesaving passives so I can't catch people by surprise and kill them in 2 seconds, reeee

More likely different when the skill triggers automatically than when you have to click on it.First case, you can spam your DPS without caring. Nothing skill based.Second case, you might have to panic click on it, or even die because you didn't react enough quick. This can lead to strategic and bluff gameplays, much more skill based.

Without passive procs like Engineer's Self Regulating Defenses, Warrior's Defy pain,, Necromancer's Last Gasp, Thief's Instant Reflexes/Pain Response, Elementalist's Final Shielding, Ranger's Protective Ward, there will be way more emphasis on playing to catch people off guard: stealth openers, teleports.

Imo, coordinated play and communication is already strong enough with most all professions having a few very fast or passive defenses as it is.

If you hate one shot builds/coordinated enemies when you're solo, you better learn to milk the passive traits..

@Chaith.8256 said:

Also:

Without passive procs like Engineer's Self Regulating Defenses, Warrior's Defy pain,, Necromancer's Last Gasp, Thief's Instant Reflexes/Pain Response, Elementalist's Final Shielding, Ranger's Protective Ward, there will be way more emphasis on playing to catch people off guard: stealth openers, teleports.

Imo, coordinated play and communication is already strong enough with most all professions having a few very fast or passive defenses as it is.

If you hate one shot builds/coordinated enemies when you're solo, you better learn to milk the passive traits..

Not disagreeing with you, but this could shift meta and builds a bit. All these passive lifesavers are actually mostly concerning " physical damage " , but there is no passive lifesaver to condi spamming. If you tell me deadeye or 100b warriors are more annoying than condi mesmer or scourge, then i might have missed something in my pvp experience lately..

@"Abazigal.3679" said:

Not disagreeing with you, but this could shift meta and builds a bit. All these passive lifesavers are actually mostly concerning " physical damage " , but there is no passive lifesaver to condi spamming. If you tell me deadeye or 100b warriors are more annoying than condi mesmer or scourge, then i might have missed something in my pvp experience lately..

Engineer Low Health S with all invulns was recently given the ability to nullify condition damage bursts as well, making it the strongest passive effect, still of course locking you out of all skills unlike every other passive.

In general, most professions don't need a passive to counter condi burst, as that ALWAYS takes at least 2+ seconds to kill you (often more) instead of a coordinated .5s power spike death.Condition removal generally can be accessed in those 2 seconds to counter it effectively. Also, allies can provide you lots of condition removal if that's your strategy.

Conditions generally aren't great right now, its just Condi Mirage and Scourge that have a lot going for them.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"Abazigal.3679" said:

Engineer Low Health S with all invulns was recently given the ability to nullify condition damage bursts as well, making it the strongest passive effect, still of course locking you out of all skills unlike every other passive.

In general, most professions don't need a passive to counter condi burst, as that ALWAYS takes at least 2+ seconds to kill you (often more) instead of a coordinated .5s power spike death.Condition removal generally can be accessed in those 2 seconds to counter it effectively. Also, allies can provide you lots of condition removal if that's your strategy.

Conditions generally aren't great right now, its just Condi Mirage and Scourge that have a lot going for them.

All engies are always so....apologetic when it comes to elixir S...if it's so bad why do you all use it?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Abazigal.3679" said:

All engies are always so....
apologetic
when it comes to elixir S...if it's so bad why do you all use it?

I'm not one of those Engies, it was still good enough to be my choice before Invulns were given condi immunity. Now I think it's much stronger than the other two options, which have always really blown chunks.

@Blocki.4931 said:If they waste their damage immunity to stomp then they won't have it for another minute, go for that revenge kill bucko

Why would anyone take a game seriously if players are consistently forced to watch an opponent in front of their very eyes effortlessly get away with a long-winded action before being able to act upon that opponent? What a joke.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"Abazigal.3679" said:

All engies are always so....
apologetic
when it comes to elixir S...if it's so bad why do you all use it?

I'm not one of those Engies, it was still good enough to be my choice before Invulns were given condi immunity. Now I think it's much stronger than the other two options, which have always really blown chunks.

Ohhhthat mean you are not a real man because you said to me

@Chaith.8256 said:

@DragonFury.6243 said:the true definition of pro PvPer in GW2a player who utilize passive LIFESAVER proc and brag about it here in the forums

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Real men take all the damage to the forehead and DIE

@"Chaith.8256" said:This forum:

Also:

I personally think the biggest complaints are for passive elixir S and Endure Pain, b/c they last for quite a long time, and on classes that have excellent sustain and pressure on their own. I think the "best" passive lifesaver is "lesser arcane shield." It blocks 3 attacks and stunbreaks, so enough to survive an initial burst, but NOWHERE near as long as the other two timed invulns. It is also just a block, so unblockable attacks and cc still prevents healing (or since people pump out hits like crazy, just 3 quick hits from a channeled attack/necro field/clone/etc), while S gives you the perfect amount to reposition and get in position for healing turret to reset your fight. Passive Endure pain is painful b/c it also inherently a heal due to all the passive healing warrior has...putting incredible pressure on a damage-dealer to somehow find another gap in the evade/invuln/block rotation that a warrior has.

If it is going to be comparable, passive S and Endure Pain should last for only a second. Perhaps put it on a 60s CD as well, but too often these aren't just "prevent a 1-shot" but also "reset a fight" utilities.

Archived