Balthazar fight

Ramoth.5162

@fizzypetal.7936 said:Didn't experience dc's, however my friend and I encountered another very frustrating issue with PoF story chain. If you accidentally ventured outside the zone (we are talking just stepping over the boundary lines) you were immediately kicked from the instance as soon as the warning message popped. Very unforgiving that way and not just a little bit frustrating. I can't remember it being like that with any other story. In previous stories you'd get the warning and you'd be given a few seconds to move your character back into the zone. With PoF, no such grace period.

How many times have you accidentally Raptor jumped out of a mission?

I did it heaps lmao

@Teofa Tsavo.9863 said:

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@killermanjaro.5670 said:Should probably mark this up as spoilers really! (I've finished story so doesn't bother me, but others haven't so could be quite a big spoiler to them)

Why is the DCing part of the features of the fight?

the "killed him" is a spoiler

Anyone going through this broken, disconnecting mess of personal stories without looking at a guide is nuts

Being crazy is fun! I spent 45 minutes for the whole encounter and loved the challenge of it (I did not have any guide, game had only come out 2-3 days before I did that fight). My only wish would be that the giant ass dragon head would have been behind the altar/arena instead of in front. I did not know about it until I beat the instance and had a free second to turn around and look.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:I hated this fight. It was boring and I couldn't figure out what all the dialogue was about. They kept talking about Kralkatorrik and I didn't have a clue what that had to do with anything. Turns out, there was a huge dragon head up in the sky doing stuff for most of the fight. What the kitten kind of nonsense is that?

Why put something in the sky if you can't afford taking your eyes off the floor for even a split-second? I actually played through the whole fight without realizing some of the ridiculous amount of effects were caused by an elder dragon instead of a god, only realizing what had been going on when Balthazar finally croaked and I finally had the opportunity to raise my camera angle. Ridiculous design.

While I agree that some better build up might have been beneficial, I'm sorry to say, if you haven't been paying attention to the story so far, don't expect a summary right before the final battle.

Balthazars plans for Kralkatorik were made very clear throught the story and your reason for stopping him exactly when you do is also well explained earlier. It's the main reason and only reason even why we bither with stopping Balthazar in the first place.

I think you missed the point of what he was saying. He clearly said "Why put something in the sky if you can't afford taking your eyes off the floor for even a split-second?"

And I agree with Manasa. I understood that Balthazaar was trying to kill Kralkatorrik, what I and Manasa didn't understand is that Kralkatorrik had shown up for this fight against Balthazar because you can't take the time to look up - you are surrounded by AOE that will kill you if you don't watch the red marks on the ground.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I hated this fight. It was boring and I couldn't figure out what all the dialogue was about. They kept talking about Kralkatorrik and I didn't have a clue what that had to do with anything. Turns out, there was a huge dragon head up in the sky doing stuff for most of the fight. What the kitten kind of nonsense is that?

Why put something in the sky if you can't afford taking your eyes off the floor for even a split-second? I actually played through the whole fight without realizing some of the ridiculous amount of effects were caused by an elder dragon instead of a god, only realizing what had been going on when Balthazar finally croaked and I finally had the opportunity to raise my camera angle. Ridiculous design.

Situational Awareness is a lost art...... I used to laugh at all the shooters and brawlers where people get tunnel vision, and get killed by a dinkly ranged enemy (Halo Grunts being the most hilarious by far). Now I just weep, because its become the norm.

@Teofa Tsavo.9863 said:

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@killermanjaro.5670 said:Should probably mark this up as spoilers really! (I've finished story so doesn't bother me, but others haven't so could be quite a big spoiler to them)

the "killed him" is a spoiler

Anyone going through this broken, disconnecting mess of personal stories without looking at a guide is nuts

I do 99.99% without guides. FIguring out stuff by yourself is playing a game, not being played for you instead.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Expansion is 2 months old. Spoiler period has ended.

And, when the title specifically references content, those worried about spoilers know (or should) to avoid the thread.

@fatihso.7258 said:That day, I played about 18 hours straight, then I went in to complete story, I wanted to complete battle and save final encounter for later, but no, it immediately ported me to final battle, i was so tired and exhausted, i had to complete it otherwise a repeat would not be cool. I did it on first try. I don't know how i did it with all that tiredness.

When you are ported to final battle, you can leave that instance, and come back later. I know, because when I first went into it to fight Balthazar, I kept getting killed, and I was getting confused about parts of the fight. So I left the instance, did some reading and repaired my armor, then went back into the instance. It started right back into the Balthazar fight.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:I hated this fight. It was boring and I couldn't figure out what all the dialogue was about. They kept talking about Kralkatorrik and I didn't have a clue what that had to do with anything. Turns out, there was a huge dragon head up in the sky doing stuff for most of the fight. What the kitten kind of nonsense is that?

Situational Awareness is a lost art...... I used to laugh at all the shooters and brawlers where people get tunnel vision, and get killed by a dinkly ranged enemy (Halo Grunts being the most hilarious by far). Now I just weep, because its become the norm.

My situational awareness is fine, thankyouverymuch. Weep for your own misunderstanding of what's the problem with this fight instead, even though it has been stated and restated. The dragon in the sky is just storytelling scenery that has no impact on the fight. The fight is structured so it makes you miss story elements, and that's stupid. Situational awareness also includes awareness of what you don't need to pay attention to at all. Everything in the fight happens on the floor and a few feet above it. Nothing else matters, so the floor is where you look. If you look anywhere else, you're doing it wrong. There are no "dinkly ranged enemies" (whatever "dinkly" means in this context) to worry about.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

What? I'm saying it should be marked as spoilers as the OP mentions killing Balthazar, and while the majority of us probably assumed that's how things would end up, there's numerous other ways the Balthazar situation could have ended, so stating that Balthazar is killed could be quite a big spoiler to some.

A big spoiler if you're like 6 years old.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I hated this fight. It was boring and I couldn't figure out what all the dialogue was about. They kept talking about Kralkatorrik and I didn't have a clue what that had to do with anything. Turns out, there was a huge dragon head up in the sky doing stuff for most of the fight. What the kitten kind of nonsense is that?

Because everyone always has perfect situational awareness all the time, especially you, the Paragon of Situational Awareness. You have never made the same mistakes that we fallible mortals have.

• 3 years later...

Found this thread after trying to finish the Balthazar fight. The game disconnects each time after the mission is done. Skipping the cutscene at the end only pushes the DC a bit further, the game then DCs in that bit of aftermath. 
Done this 4 time, 4/4 disconnected. I give up.

And I had thought I solved the DC issue about a week ago, when I kept having them in story missions. 
Any help or general wisdom would be welcome.

Also, sorry to revive this thread.

Edited by Joril.4932
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Joril.4932 said:

Found this thread after trying to finish the Balthazar fight. The game disconnects each time after the mission is done. Skipping the cutscene at the end only pushes the DC a bit further, the game then DCs in that bit of aftermath. 
Done this 4 time, 4/4 disconnected. I give up.

And I had thought I solved the DC issue about a week ago, when I kept having them in story missions. 
Any help or general wisdom would be welcome.

Also, sorry to revive this thread.

If on wifi try connecting to your box with a cable.

18 minutes ago, Joril.4932 said:

I am on cable.
I also have the -port 80 on the shortcut. I got that from the other threads that dealt with disconnects. Worked so far, or so I thought.

Have you repaired the client recently?

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Other then  that not much I can do to help since it havent affected me in recent memory.

• Like 2

I had this too until I saw a trick mentioned in the thread mentioned in above post  'Storyline Disconnects - Merged' and since then it never happened.

Go to options, scroll down on that first tab until you see "Content Streaming" and set it to "On demand".  It is usually set to "Idle".  When I have it set to On Demand it never happened to me again.   Unfortunately it resets itself to Idle when I log out so remember to do it before you get one of these lengthy cut scenes again.

Edited by Tyncale.1629
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1