DPS shaming

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:If you think that by removing dps meters, you will make raid-fractal or whatever community less toxic, you couldnt be more wrong. On the contrary, it is an objective meter. Remove it, you go back to "4 FA sword eles 22k ap+, 50 kp, 1350 LI, virgin's blood" or downright instakicking for joining with a class that does at most 28k-30k dps (instead of the top class' 34k dps). A tool becomes toxic or not according to those who use it. Blame the person.

EDIT: No, I never ran dps meters.

This guy gets it. Rational thought detected.

Best of all, we had the situation without dps meters and people are just holding tight to those rose tinted glasses.

Let me bring up some examples:
  • exp, speedrun
  • 10k AP
  • no nerco/ranger
  • 80, exp, 10k, speedrun
  • zerker only

Anyone remember those LFG postings from vanilla pre HoT? I sure do.

Or toxic Party Leads that would exit the party just as you were to kill the final boss because one of the people in the party had a toxic attitude so they got spiteful and punished the whole party cause one person was being a kitty head.

shudders at pre-HoT / DPS Metres Dungeon runners

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Morte de Angelis.7986 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:If you think that by removing dps meters, you will make raid-fractal or whatever community less toxic, you couldnt be more wrong. On the contrary, it is an objective meter. Remove it, you go back to "4 FA sword eles 22k ap+, 50 kp, 1350 LI, virgin's blood" or downright instakicking for joining with a class that does at most 28k-30k dps (instead of the top class' 34k dps). A tool becomes toxic or not according to those who use it. Blame the person.

Best of all, we had the situation without dps meters and people are just holding tight to those rose tinted glasses.

• exp, speedrun
  • 10k AP
  • no nerco/ranger
  • 80, exp, 10k, speedrun
  • zerker only

Or toxic Party Leads that would exit the party just as you were to kill the final boss because one of the people in the party had a toxic attitude so they got spiteful and punished the whole party cause one person was being a kitty head.

Oh wow, I had totally forgotten about that actually. Good point.

@"Vinceman.4572" said:Players will shame no matter what. Just came out of a "Daily Toypocalypse" group I opened with a guild mate.One player complained about two (!) of my initial balistas for the first wave not shooting because I set up some walls in front of them later on. He complained about not having enough "impact" and flamed. It turned out he doesn't raid or plays fractals. Additionally I don't have to tell you guys that he also hasn't used a dps meter nor would this be any kind of useful in that low bob instance.

It's the humans who are idiotic, not the tool.

Elitism by casuals is so funny. It is so surreal you cannot even be annoyed by it and just laugh.

@Morte de Angelis.7986 said:

• exp, speedrun
  • 10k AP
  • no nerco/ranger
  • 80, exp, 10k, speedrun
  • zerker only

Dont forget the ones who went afk mid way through a dungeon for dinner or some other reason and said to wait or finish without em.Since if you kicked party leader it was all over.`

Archived