Old Human Female Idle Animation

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Reddit thread also had a comment about why they were removed.

barefootmatthewLOL That's rich. No they most definitely weren't removed for being sexist. They were removed because every time we went into a review of serious story content and you're supposed to be having really weighty conversations about Tyria-shaking, monumental decisions you and your team were making...oops, is this boring? Why am I yawning, and kicking the ground like I'd rather be ANYWHERE else? It happened so often that the only real way to address that feedback was to pull them out, because unfortunately our tools don't provide us designers with a way to throttle back only specific animations.

Personally I didn’t like them for the reasons the dev stated. There would be an important issue being discussed and suddenly your char is doing a big stretch in someone’s face or is idly kicking the dirt. I didn’t care for them outside the story either but if they could bring them back and leave them out of story instances, that would be an acceptable compromise.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:I watched a couple of videos of this animation...what's the problem with it, exactly?

Several posts on this thread with direct quotes from the devs.

There's nothing wrong with the animations...they should be reinstated immediately! Too many mentally ill snowflakes playing this game.

Not one of the dev posts I read talked about mental health or snow for that matter.

Well ask yourselves this, all of you after 4 years, if a dev said it's a bug we will look it up, don't you think it would have been fixed by now?They lied to you plain and simple instead of telling you the real reason behind that decision. We'll look it up, loosely translated, means if you don't like the way we do things go play something else. Well guess what I'm playing something else until episode 5 comes along around January 18th after 4 months a new record, way to go Anet.Sorry for my rant guys but if I play another winter's day, I'll puke snow. Episode 5 for Christmas, it would have been a better way of saying Merry Christmas, but who am I kidding? Have fun all of you and Merry Christmas...going back to Assassin's Creed Origins. B)

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:A Reddit thread also had a comment about why they were removed.

barefootmatthewLOL That's rich. No they most definitely weren't removed for being sexist. They were removed because every time we went into a review of serious story content and you're supposed to be having really weighty conversations about Tyria-shaking, monumental decisions you and your team were making...oops, is this boring? Why am I yawning, and kicking the ground like I'd rather be ANYWHERE else? It happened so often that the only real way to address that feedback was to pull them out, because unfortunately our tools don't provide us designers with a way to throttle back only specific animations.

Personally I didn’t like them for the reasons the dev stated. There would be an important issue being discussed and suddenly your char is doing a big stretch in someone’s face or is idly kicking the dirt. I didn’t care for them outside the story either but if they could bring them back and leave them out of story instances, that would be an acceptable compromise.

I love how everyone read past this qoute, im assuming thats from a dev?

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:
also had a comment about why they were removed.

I love how everyone read past this qoute, im assuming thats from a dev?

Yes, he’s not flashing an official tag but barefootmatthew is a Game/Narrative designer at Arenanet.

Archived