Mesmer Patch Notes 12/11/18

Solori.6025

Signet of Inspiration: The active effect of this signet no longer shares the mesmer's boons with allies. Instead, it now extends the duration of all allies' current boons by 5 seconds.

Is this still affected by boon duration?

EDIT:Based on another thread, it appears that it does not scale. So we can throw all that boon duration gear, rune, sigil, food, utility in the garbage can since it is worthless now.

@Turk.5460 said:2 Charges, each one clears a condition, damages foe, conditions foe, leap finisher, 450 Range, usable while stunned. Hold on a sec, let me go find the world's smallest violin.damage = lolcondition application = lolleap finisher = no use450 range & usable when stunned = get hit by most AOE, every leap, distance attacks.When you want to talk about real 3 in 1 button, look at other class.

We want mirages to excel in longer combat engagements, but their burst damage was just too high.So why nerf jaunt ? 2 sec confusion = too high burst ?

Lost Time = Delayed reactions. We have 2 identical trait guys and the adept is stronger than the grand-master...The 5 second bonus duration on signet of inspiration doesn't scale with boon duration.

That said, the biggest nerf of this patch for me is portal...

Bountiful Disillusionment:Feb 2018: 15s to 8s to might duration.Mar 2018: 5 to 3 stacks reduction in might and stability.May 2018: 3s to 1s reduction in stability duration.Dec 2018: AoE effect lost.

Jaunt:Feb 2018: 4s to 2s confusion duration in competitive game modes.Mar 2018: 50% damage reduction in competitive modes.July 2018: 20s to 30 cooldown increase in competitive modes.Dec 2018: 3 to 2 charges reduction in competitive modes.

Anet completely lost balancing logic. No other profession ever saw, and probably never will, such harshness in its balancing than Mesmer suffered this 2018.

"We want mirages to excel in longer combat engagements, but their burst damage was just too high." As a veteran WvW roaming power mesmer playing with power block, portal and jaunt I'm now somehow supposed to excel longer in combat? I got no passives to save me from these uberbursts like acro thieves, holos, warriors etc get. I'm now somehow better off with less damage, utility and mobility? Things are now better? People were moaning about dire/trail mirages not power mirages god damnit. Oh and couldn't you atleast shave some of the cooldown off of portal atleast? Screw all of you working at Anet. CU and AOC can't come soon enough. #dedgame

@apharma.3741 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:^ nevermind the fact that power mes sustain dmg is uttercrap.

but but [insert cherry picked montage video against opponents and builds a power mes might be able to fight here] shows that they're fine.

My fault, I forgot that ANet gave 300 damage on zerker phantasm summoning to help mes sustain damage back then.ANet's balance would make a really good comedy show.

@Turk.5460 said:

@Ansau.7326 said:No other profession ever saw, and probably never will, such harshness in its balancing...

LOL, if I had a gold for every time I've heard that from every single profession...I'd have all the infusions!

Portal got smiter's booned this patch. It's been such a staple of mesmer builds since 2012 it's practically felt like the class mechanic and now its basically worthless. Easily the harshest single nerf to a class's capabilities.

Sooo... It looks like Chrono didn't just die, it was murdered. Nice Christmas preasent, Anet. You've destroyed the e-spec I enjoyed the most in the game.It had an interesting and complex mechanic, made me helpfull and usefull to the teammates, so 2 years I spent in the chronojail were nice and cosy for me, and people I played with benefited from it. Now it is all gone, only the cold emptiness remains.I was going to craft The Shining Blade for my chrono this week, was lacking only gift of battle. I was so exited about it. But now I don't even want to log into the game anymore. I guess I'd be playing Monster Hunter World instead, at least the devs of that game are not keen on breaking things their customers enjoy.Happy Winter's Day, folks.

I'm expecting raid to go something like 2 firebrand (1 tank, 1 dps)/1 renegade (with some concentration to make orders perma alacrity) and 1 druid. 2 chronos could still work but will lose out on initial burst edge (which weaver rely on a lot) and will need to rely on druid spirits for boon generation, not self support.

Like one of my guildies said. Mesmer is finally out of chrono jail...by being executed.

Mesmers in long fights? Lol... How can any mesmer fight long if even now the fight was basically running and blinking and jaunting away from the target because you basically have nothing to save you from a boon holo or boonbeast... Not even say that if you get condi bombed - Oh yeah you have distortion so you can survive one or 2 more seconds with 25 stacks of torment and bleeding ticking on you even after you respawn. This whole thing of nerfing mesmer saying its too bursty would have worked if we get ummmm, some defense in reverse??? Maybe?Not even saying anything about the fact that they basically made chrono into a spec what can only share quickness and alac... Now we can use Rev/2x FB... Try to do Dhuum CM with this comp, you can choose if your subgroup loses quickness when the FB goes green or the whole squad loses alac when it goes on green.Also, Signet of Midnight giving too much condi duration just by a utility - nerf it but dont even think about that what will happen with the condi builds, DO NOT even think about taking a useless mirage trait and re-doing it into something that gives you enough expertise to cap condition duration, i think they were too busy with the Wintersday events and only changed some stuff 15 mins before the patch rolled outWell, hope the whole ANet team will have a happy and calm Christmas and New Year!

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Nepster.4275 said:i think they were too busy with the Wintersday events and only changed some stuff 15 mins before the patch rolled out

Commented a similar thing to a friend on game. Heck, they even forgot to change jaunt tooltip.

lol yeah I saw that - extra salt in the wound to see the tooltip still stating 3 charges. xD

I simply do not understand what they are thinking regarding Jaunt. Often I'd like to think I'm supportive and gracious of the devs balance decisions, but this one really seems off the mark. Especially when we've still got the ability to spam Mirage Thrust for mobility - unless they want to push everyone to use Sword again (Axe/x Sword/x new meta?).

Anyway I'll be dabbling in Snowball Mayhem a bit because that's always fun, but otherwise looking forward to playing Fortuna part 2, nyx rework and baruuk in warframe, if they get it out in the next week and a half or so.

Portal plays are dead in pvpCoordinated Boonshare chrono is deleted in wvwMirage getting kicked into the ground in both competitive modesChrono becomes more boring than ever for pve raids.

Yup they've REALLY done it this time, all the aspects of mesmer that were interesting and took some level of thoughtful gameplay are deleted, NICE anet!! Happy Wintersday to you too.

@Zoe.8310 said:

Signet of Inspiration: The active effect of this signet no longer shares the mesmer's boons with allies. Instead, it now extends the duration of all allies' current boons by 5 seconds.

EDIT:Based on another thread, it appears that it does not scale. So we can throw all that boon duration gear, rune, sigil, food, utility in the garbage can since it is worthless now.100% boon duration is still really the only way to go on chronomancer. Danger Time, Delayed Reactions, and Lost time are all pretty much driven off applying slow with really no way to apply it in large doses to multiple enemies repeatedly which makes it the lackluster path. Meanwhile, there is still a large amount of ways to make alacrity and swiftness work with clone creation & shatters and utility skills. Its like the only good way to maximize DPS for that elite spec.

I am curious to see what the fall out is among those trying to make Chrono still work. As far as I can tell the combination of continuum, mimic, and high self-alarcrity means Chrono can still find a niche as the extender of the generators. Build some boon generators, then have the chrono help fill in duration when needed. I am not sure what more you can do beyond that other than tank.

@Veluna.7316 said:

@Zoe.8310 said:

EDIT:Based on another thread, it appears that it does not scale. So we can throw all that boon duration gear, rune, sigil, food, utility in the garbage can since it is worthless now.100% boon duration is still really the only way to go on chronomancer. Danger Time, Delayed Reactions, and Lost time are all pretty much driven off applying slow with really no way to apply it in large doses to multiple enemies repeatedly which makes it the lackluster path. Meanwhile, there is still a large amount of ways to make alacrity and swiftness work with clone creation & shatters and utility skills. Its like the only good way to maximize DPS for that elite spec.

I am curious to see what the fall out is among those trying to make Chrono still work. As far as I can tell the combination of continuum, mimic, and high self-alarcrity means Chrono can still find a niche as the extender of the generators. Build some boon generators, then have the chrono help fill in duration when needed. I am not sure what more you can do beyond that other than tank.

As far as i seen people experimenting in guild, you can get 100% quickness and alac with only 60-70% boon duration solo,but this is all, no other boons, maybe if you take inspi and use distort but your kit is actually not letting you boon share, only wells are the ones and some traits but those are usually long on CD so you better of getting 70% boon duration and share quickness and alac like mad, so basically chrono rollback 1-1,5 years but the difference is that its more useless now compared to other classes combined(for example rev+2fb), and from this all i can say is that maybe even heal tempest will get some attention too