Signet of Uninspiration

alchemist.6851

@tasmaniajones.4376 said:Also regarding Mimic, it's 40 seconds + the recharge of whatever skill was used to activate it. So if Signet of Inspiration gets used with it you still have to wait 70 seconds for Mimic to recharge.

Technically, that means it's 5 seconds faster than it was before (75). But who cares, because SoI is crap now anyways. why waste your utilities pairing the two anymore.

@Zoe.8310 said:

@tasmaniajones.4376 said:Also regarding Mimic, it's 40 seconds
+ the recharge of whatever skill was used to activate it.
So if Signet of Inspiration gets used with it you still have to wait 70 seconds for Mimic to recharge.

Technically, that means it's 5 seconds faster than it was before (75). But who cares, because SoI is kitten now anyways. why waste your utilities pairing the two anymore.

Use it with portal and you can enjoy a recharge of nearly 2 minutes.

@apharma.3741 said:

@Zoe.8310 said:

@tasmaniajones.4376 said:Also regarding Mimic, it's 40 seconds
+ the recharge of whatever skill was used to activate it.
So if Signet of Inspiration gets used with it you still have to wait 70 seconds for Mimic to recharge.

Technically, that means it's 5 seconds faster than it was before (75). But who cares, because SoI is kitten now anyways. why waste your utilities pairing the two anymore.

Use it with portal and you can enjoy a recharge of nearly 2 minutes.

lolol... mimic is such a trash skill now

@Metal.3194 said:

@"borgs.6103" said:And make the icon the middle finger as well...

I think a gravestone would look much better and fitting, considering they just killed the poor signet.

Nah, it's perfect."Mesmer, pls gib boons!""Oh you want boons? HERE!" "Signet of Middle Finger""I didn't git boons. :anguished: ""Well, too bad. I only increase boons now. Enjoy 5 more seconds of swiftness and retal!"

I actually think the nerf to Bountiful Disillusionment hits Boonshare way harder than SoI's nerf did. SoI really only got hit with a 1-second nerf. My reasoning? Most Chrono boons are also sourced from outside or boons they applied in an area, meaning they're also applied for mostly the same duration on your allies, so now you're just doing the same thing basically - extending their boons by 5 seconds instead of giving them the same boons but for 6 seconds. BD's nerf means that Chronos can't stack the harder to grant boons like Vigor and Stab (RIP) on other allies as easily, but the SoI nerf is not the evil party for the boonshare nerf.

@TarkaTarquol.4856 said:I actually think the nerf to Bountiful Disillusionment hits Boonshare way harder than SoI's nerf did. SoI really only got hit with a 1-second nerf. My reasoning? Most Chrono boons are also sourced from outside or boons they applied in an area, meaning they're also applied for mostly the same duration on your allies, so now you're just doing the same thing basically - extending their boons by 5 seconds instead of giving them the same boons but for 6 seconds. BD's nerf means that Chronos can't stack the harder to grant boons like Vigor and Stab (RIP) on other allies as easily, but the SoI nerf is not the evil party for the boonshare nerf.

Yes, the nerf to Bountiful Disillusionment is massive --

MIxed feelings on Signet of Inspiration since it was also decoupled from Boon Duration ... so we no longer need Boon Duration, so we can put that stat into something else, but it comes at the cost of 1-second to our output.

@Zoe.8310 said:

@"TarkaTarquol.4856" said:I actually think the nerf to Bountiful Disillusionment hits Boonshare way harder than SoI's nerf did. SoI really only got hit with a 1-second nerf. My reasoning? Most Chrono boons are also sourced from outside or boons they applied in an area, meaning they're also applied for mostly the same duration on your allies, so now you're just doing the same thing basically - extending their boons by 5 seconds instead of giving them the same boons but for 6 seconds. BD's nerf means that Chronos can't stack the harder to grant boons like Vigor and Stab (RIP) on other allies as easily, but the SoI nerf is not the evil party for the boonshare nerf.

Yes, the nerf to Bountiful Disillusionment is massive --

MIxed feelings on Signet of Inspiration since it was also decoupled from Boon Duration ... so we no longer need Boon Duration, so we can put that stat into something else, but it comes at the cost of 1-second to our output.

Wasn't the boon duration also helpful for upkeep on Quickness/Alacrity? Or was it possible to 100% uptime those without investment and I'm just a derp? (Merp with the "M" replaced for a "D" is censored? I'm sorry, what?) (Aaaaand now it's uncensored. I give up.)

I get the bountiful disillusionment and signet of inspiration+mimic provided insane boonshare at a small cost, but come on surely there's better alternatives than completely killing the spec. The boonshare aspect was unique and enjoyable. Make the boon application more difficult and require more traits or utilities OK, but this is a joke chaos is dead soi is dead, chrono is dead.All you are in WvW is an IoL and CC bot while you stand still 90% of the time.In pve you're once again an alacrity and quickness slave with minimal access to other boons.

Tldr this patch is awful I don't have any motive to login to my mesmer again

I liked how the mesmer was just after distortion nerf. Seemed fine then. Rotation was long - like 50 + steps - but it felt rewarding to pull it all off while tanking and doing other mechanics.Then (lately) they reduced chrono to easy buff bot and then(now) they killed it. That's sad. Chrono was fine and quite fun before you started changing everything about it.

BTW "Singet of Middle Finger" "Singet of Uninspiration" lol. Well xd Thats fitting now.

Archived