Hi Eles, just a survey on which role would you like the next elite spec to be

Knighthonor.4061

Elementalist is my favourite class and I am going to be selfish and wish for what I would want the most.

I love the fast paced gameplay of weaver and always found tempest to be the more boring elite spec. Switching attunements is the coolest thing ever, the faster the better. So I wish the new elite spec is also very fast paced. Maybe add arcane as a fifth element and let the player attune to all at the same time and rotate the attunements between the 5 weapon skills. I don't know, as long as it is fast and flashy.

I chose power because I just don't like condition damage. It doesn't speak to me. I want my hits to directly deal damage.

As for the weapon I choose Greatsword. Just because it is such a cool weapon. IF they do it, (and I expect them to just go with rifle) i would love a lot of those spinny dash attacks, like the fire greatsword elite skill has.

I know, it all sounds a bit stupid, but I said I was going to be selfish and this would make me very happy! XD

Can I change my mind now? I was thinking maybe eles could have something that use those auras more, and maybe actually do some more stuff with it to make them interesting, seeing as auras stand out as a elementalist only thing.

I was hoping maybe eles could focus on a support spec that is involved around auras and tempest could be the healer spec.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:So... I'll say a control spec since it's not listed in the survey.I think the e-specs can fit more than a single "role" anyway.

Staff exists, and it's the best control in the game. However, stability and resistance exist because playing video games is too hard apparently.

No idea what to name this spec version.Spec weapon: greatsword (1200 range)

Have access to 4 different utilities, called transforms or whatever. Each represent 1 of the 4 elements and work like kits. Using one replaces your skills into a single element from each weapon set. For example, using a fire transform, makes you attune between 4 different fire weapon skill sets and so on.

• dagger/dagger
  • scepter/focus
  • staff
  • greatsword

No idea how it could be played out, but idea seems interesting :P

@Retsuko.2035 said:No idea what to name this spec version.Spec weapon: greatsword (1200 range)

Have access to 4 different utilities, called transforms or whatever. Each represent 1 of the 4 elements and work like kits. Using one replaces your skills into a single element from each weapon set. For example, using a fire transform, makes you attune between 4 different fire weapon skill sets and so on.

• dagger/dagger
  • scepter/focus
  • staff
  • greatsword

No idea how it could be played out, but idea seems interesting :P

That would be 5(Weapon)4(Attunement)5(transforms) == 100 skills for this Elite Spec alone.

I chose ranged condi, just because condi on ele is pretty bad, and staff ele can do some pretty good power dmg.

I love the idea of minions though. Elemental pets would be cool. Technically they could give ele's ranged power/condi, and minions.

Though when it comes to minions, it might just be easier for anet to change glyph of elementals (both the lesser glyph and the elite one) to simply summon all four pets at once. Since any one of these pets by themselves isn't very good. So maybe collectively they'd be more fun and effective. Then after that, if they wanted to, the pets could be permanent, or the glyphs could cooldown in the background, so you could keep them out more often. Something to think about.

Anyways, I hope ele's get some love. They kind of need it.

@Nup.4591 said:Elementalist is my favourite class and I am going to be selfish and wish for what I would want the most.

I love the fast paced gameplay of weaver and always found tempest to be the more boring elite spec. Switching attunements is the coolest thing ever, the faster the better. So I wish the new elite spec is also very fast paced. Maybe add arcane as a fifth element and let the player attune to all at the same time and rotate the attunements between the 5 weapon skills. I don't know, as long as it is fast and flashy.

I chose power because I just don't like condition damage. It doesn't speak to me. I want my hits to directly deal damage.

As for the weapon I choose Greatsword. Just because it is such a cool weapon. IF they do it, (and I expect them to just go with rifle) i would love a lot of those spinny dash attacks, like the fire greatsword elite skill has.

I know, it all sounds a bit stupid, but I said I was going to be selfish and this would make me very happy! XD

Definitely this. One attunement per core traitline :D Been wanting more Arcane-related stuff for ages.

• 2 weeks later...

Never been a fan of DoTs, so conditions won't be my choice, always been a fan of burst damage with consistency, DoTs have consistency only, since weaver already covers the melee side and it's fast paced, I would prefer an alternative for ranged weapons, staff on ele is to be the slowest weapon ever in the game and scepter is dull to play with. Thus I would go for ranged DPS but one thing would hold me back probably: weaver can swap attunements really fast and that's just more than lovely, so if the new spec can have that, I am down for it. I would love a bow but that might take away the cleave ability of ele so if the spec got nerfed, ele would suffer picking this spec if they have nothing else to give, mesmer greatsword was not fun for me, if I have a greatsword, then let me slam it against foes.

Archived