Just Hit Level 80...What To Do???

Many many things.

• Fractals, start at level 1 or the low ranked dailies and work on your ascended armor for higher ones
  • WvW-try the dailies and try it out.
  • Finish the story stuff including all of the expansion stuff and the level 80 maps
  • Work on a legendary. Find a weapon you really like and work towards it

These are only a little portion of things.

Join a guild... find people to work with. That’s the best part of the game to me.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/So_You_Want_To_Gear_a_Character has stuff about gear. It's a little bit old but will get you started.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Gulbasaur/Things_I_Wish_Someone_Told_Me_-_A_new_player_guide#At_level_80 is a guide I wrote with a bit about what to do at 80.

For gold, if you have LW S4 E1 with the Istan map (you need Path of Fire to get there), there's a consistent gold-farming community. The meta events drop lots of unidentified gear, which you then stick on the trading post. Rich people then buy the unidentified gear and use magic find boosters to try to get rare stuff from it, basically. I think you need over 600 magic find before it breaks even, so most people just sell it. Istan is chilled out, quite easy and actually relaxing if you know what you're doing, but be aware you'll need a mount from Path of Fire or you'll get left behind. You also get unidentified magic which you use to buy shipments at the docks, which give you crafting a materials to sell for gold. Prices fluctuate but the leather and trophy ones are usually the most profitable.

If you don't, the Silverwastes is the next most profitable farm, but I know less about that one.

Fractals provide a slow but steady amount of gold in Tier 1. Fractal encryptions drop literal junk, but it's really valuable junk to sell at a vendor and you'll get a couple of gold a pop. As you progress up the tiers, they get harder but you get more gold out of it. At T4, they're very profitable but you need to be skilled enough to do it and that ain't easy.

The expansion (HoT & PoF) all have hero point worth ten 'normal' ones and are at level 80. The Living World story content is all pretty good too. They're both pretty good if you haven't explored them already.

Assuming you have HoT and PoF there are the specializations (Dragon Hunter and Firebrand) you can unlock. Together with that there are also collections where you can get ascended weapons as end reward. I personally find those collections, though not always easy, very fun to complete. And of course I've done map completion of all the world maps including PoF and HoT as well. I recommend doing that first actually.

I don't know about the rest, but when I first get to 80, what I want to do is:

1. Get the complete elite specializations for my character (if I want them, out of my nine characters, none runs a core build :/).
  2. Decide on a build: select the traits, weapons and utilities that I want to play with.
  3. Select the stat combinations I want to equip the character with and see if it's reasonable to work towards it (until then, full level 80 rare gear is cheap enough and should help). Acquire said gears and equip up.
  4. Browse the wardrobe (at the bank or any crafting station) to build "the look" I want for my character. Check how to acquire said pieces and compromise on a look that you can actually acquire (ie: if you like the legendary armor look, you may want to settle for some other for a while, a long while).
  5. Buy a bunch of cheap dyes off the tp to increase your palette of choices (can be done much, much earlier, :P). Depending on your funds, even having all dyes that cost below a silver will give you lots of choices.
  6. Finish retouching your character looks.
  7. obtaining your ascended trinkets will likely require you to farm living story 3/4 maps, if you don't have them you'll have to farm silverwastes / Istan for a while until you can buy them with gems (tip: if you have POF, buy Istan before access to any other map).
  8. Now, when your character is geared in full exotics and ascended trinkets, you can start working on fractals, or other end-game content. You may also work on some collections to acquire ascended weapons (this could be done earlier, but I find the stat boost of getting ascended trinkets more impactful than upgrading your weapons from exotic to ascended).

But that's just how I roll. I consider finishing up my character design to be very important. :D

• 2 years later...

@"Gulbasaur.1865" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Gulbasaur/Things_I_Wish_Someone_Told_Me_-_A_new_player_guide#At_level_80 is a guide I wrote with a bit about what to do at 80.

And a perfect guide it is. I'd recommend it to anyone. It's helped me a lot. When I first hit 80 I was a little depressed because I thought the game was "over" and I had experienced it all, like WoW was for me. But I'm just starting to realize that in Guild Wars 2, the game doesn't even begin UNTIL you get to level 80. Or rather, getting to 80 is just like an "introduction". There is SO much to do I'm overwhelmed, but in a good way. I can see myself playing for years, if it keeps going, and it's starting to get really popular again. I started just a year ago, and in the last three or four months I've seen SO many new people, and I still see a lot of "old" people, too. It's encouraging. Anyway, that was off topic. But seriously, check out this guide if anyone is new to GW2 and just got to 80 or used their free character boost. I ended up deleting my boosted toon because I'm a fool—and because I wanted the experience of working hard from 1-80 and not being overwhelmed with a bunch of abilities I'm unfamiliar with. But I should've saved him lol.