Ranger/Souldbeast Vs Conditions

ArmageddonAsh.6430

@Ashantara.8731 said:@OP:

The best Soulbeast Ranger build is a condition build! :) It's based on the old Viper's condi build, with one trait line exchanged for Soulbeast, and this build is even more powerful than it predecessor.

Watch this video for build details:

This is kinda meangingless, Stationary big targets while having fully group and raid buffs - wont be happening that much and wont happen for me ever as i am a WvW roamer lol

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:Yeah, pretty much, because you can block many attacks with Counterattack, and each block applies 2s of Regeneration. Plus you can trigger the heal bonus from 6/6. It should be almost as good with other weapon sets, you still get Aegis on heal, so that would be your block.

Would you say its worth the loss of 5% direct damage, 5% condition damage, 175 Condition damage and 100 Power to gain the Aegis and the heal every 30seconds? Especially if i dont run Greatsword.

So, you are using Berzerker runes? Thus, a condition damage build? In that case, something like Antitoxin would be a good choice since it offers you +183 condi damage and -24% incoming condi duration as well as 5 stacks of Might for 10 seconds on incoming Poison or Torment (20s cooldown).

@Ashantara.8731 said:@OP:

The
best
Soulbeast Ranger build
is
a condition build! :) It's based on the old Viper's condi build, with one trait line exchanged for Soulbeast, and this build is even more powerful than it predecessor.That's not a build you play in any PvP format.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:That's not a build you play in any PvP format.Yep, i think we should clarify all the problems we see with Soulbeast is in WvW and sPvP. In PvE soulbeast is fine, in Raids condi does the average damage and druid is still wanted because of the buffs.

But as soon as it gets into a end game against other players the soulbeast falls very short.

I mean come on, the firebrand get's an AoE effects from the Firebrand's mantras instead just the cone because it was too difficult to target with those?

So what would be the problem to have actual an mechanically playable class?

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

So, you are using Berzerker runes? Thus, a condition damage build? In that case, something like Antitoxin would be a good choice since it offers you +183 condi damage and -24% incoming condi duration as well as 5 stacks of Might for 10 seconds on incoming Poison or Torment (20s cooldown). https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Antitoxin

What i was thinking of doing is as i dont run any food, i could drop a sigil and pick up condi or power stacking sigil and then use some food, im more hybrid than pure condi. So i could drop a Sigil for either Corruption or Bloodlust and pick up some food, maybe the one with condi removed on heal skill? That combined with the Muddy Trait and Bear stance would be like 11 condis removed? Though -24% Condition damage would be nice, maybe grab the food one as well and have like 44% reduced reduction?

11 Condis removed Every 30seconds + Regen On Block, Aegis on Heal + 4k+ Heal on block every 30secondsVs8 Condis removed every 30seconds + -44% Condi duration?

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:That's not a build you play in any PvP format.Yep, i think we should clarify all the problems we see with Soulbeast is in WvW and sPvP. In PvE soulbeast is fine, in Raids condi does the average damage and druid is still wanted because of the buffs.

But as soon as it gets into a end game against other players the soulbeast falls very short.

I mean come on, the firebrand get's an AoE effects from the Firebrand's mantras instead just the cone because it was too difficult to target with those?

So what would be the problem to have actual an mechanically playable class?

How is that any different than Ranger Frost Spirit, Spitit of Stone or Spotter?

What do you guys think about this build?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT4YnE8C1CiN8Cm8Cs8ilJBLf3OcTuPBha1HrJAcqmAjYO-jFDBQBwb/BA8EA4oyDPqEbIqUQLlgmzEEFOIAGUdlUoD4AXAgCpZgUAYLsC-w

The Heal would be worth like 18k ish healing in total (with 8 condis removed) and would remove up to 11 (8 from heal, 2 from trait, 1 from food) conditions as well.Not sure what to put into the Ascended slots

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:I have a novel idea, Run Sor and don't camp SB.

If you're seeing a lot of condi, swap builds.

EZ

Thats a silly idea. Even outside of Beastmode SoR has too many requirements, the insanely long cool down as well as the range requirement of your pet as well. The cooldown along just makes it a rather poor skill.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:I have a novel idea, Run Sor and don't camp SB.

If you're seeing a lot of condi, swap builds.

EZ

Thats a silly idea. Even outside of Beastmode SoR has too many requirements, the insanely long cool down as well as the range requirement of your pet as well. The cooldown along just makes it a rather poor skill.

I think what EnderzShadow really means when he says Swap builds to swap to Druid

@Cufufalating.8479 said:I sometimes use Lyssa Runes if my build uses Entangle. 7 condition wipe plus a load of boons every 48s when traited. Can be a great way to turn a fight around.

Yeah i have been running One Wolf Pack but it kinda sucks, So i was kinda looking at what i could run instead. The question is. If i have the Survival trait (removes 2 conditions) and i have 7 conditions on me with Lyssa runes. What would proc first? The condition removal or the Lyssa runes? As if its the removal, that would slightly weaken taking Lyssa runes?

If your running with the zerg it might be better to run Druid instead of SB. SB gives up defensive capabilities for offensive and offense isn't needed as much in the zerg. You need to be able to tag and contribute to the group with buffs and healing, etc.

If your talking about roaming I would either run a defensive SB build with WS/BM/SB or WS/NM/SB for either traited shouts or boonsharing to your pet. If you prefer to be an offensive roamer then understand that you have to give up defenses for offense. SB definitely has the edge over core ranger and druid for offense and you can still slot traited survival skills and bear stance as your cleanses. I ran into few problems roaming with bear stance, QZ, Sharpened edges, SoS and entangle on my bar.

@Prophet.1584 said:If your running with the zerg it might be better to run Druid instead of SB. SB gives up defensive capabilities for offensive and offense isn't needed as much in the zerg. You need to be able to tag and contribute to the group with buffs and healing, etc.

If your talking about roaming I would either run a defensive SB build with WS/BM/SB or WS/NM/SB for either traited shouts or boonsharing to your pet. If you prefer to be an offensive roamer then understand that you have to give up defenses for offense. SB definitely has the edge over core ranger and druid for offense and you can still slot traited survival skills and bear stance as your cleanses. I ran into few problems roaming with bear stance, QZ, Sharpened edges, SoS and entangle on my bar.

I dont run with zergs enough to justify changes to my build to help out in groups, i use my Tree pet if i am in a group and thats about it. I am more of a roamer. I have Shouts traited but currently just run Sick 'em as the 40% Damage increase inside SB, Regen and Swiftness are rather nice, the reveal is only really helpful against select classes though but its VERY useful against them.

I am currently running Bear Stance, Sick'em Dolyak Stance, Lightening Reflexes and Entangle or One With Pack. Traits wise i run Wilderness Survival 1/1/2, Beastmastery 3/3/2 and soulbeast 2/3/3. Though wondering if maybe picking up Unstoppable Union would be worth it over the loss of Quickness and Fury. Not really a boon spammer though. I havent dropped Berserker Runes yet, but picked up Gazelle (i know its going to be nerfed and that doesnt really affect me as long as they dont nerf the mobility skill) and dropped Dagger/Dagger for Greatsword as Dagger/Dagger while i wish it was good, the damage just isnt good enough

@Cufufalating.8479 said:I sometimes use Lyssa Runes if my build uses Entangle. 7 condition wipe plus a load of boons every 48s when traited. Can be a great way to turn a fight around.

Yeah i have been running One Wolf Pack but it kinda sucks, So i was kinda looking at what i could run instead. The question is. If i have the Survival trait (removes 2 conditions) and i have 7 conditions on me with Lyssa runes. What would proc first? The condition removal or the Lyssa runes? As if its the removal, that would slightly weaken taking Lyssa runes?

The removal is before the conversion, which is good because the less boons you get the less can be converted to conditions.

As for this discussion the max condition removal on soulbeast in WvW is ~1.45 per second overtime or ~11.5 per second for 3.75 seconds

cleanses/(cooldown+cast)

The sustain with Soulbeast is worse than Mesmer/Ele, but the burst removal is unparalleled. A backline LB might the best option. Perhaps make use of unstoppable union and warhorn for unblockable projectiles.

@"Daniel Handler.4816" said:

The removal is before the conversion, which is good because the less boons you get the less can be converted to conditions.

As for this discussion the max condition removal on soulbeast in WvW is ~1.45 per second overtime or ~11.5 per second for 3.75 seconds

cleanses/(cooldown+cast)

The sustain with Soulbeast is worse than Mesmer/Ele, but the burst removal is unparalleled. A backline LB might the best option. Perhaps make use of unstoppable union and warhorn for unblockable projectiles.

That is true, so much boon corruption and punishment for having boons, though only if you are against certain classes. I dropped the Jac pet as the heal and the removal just have too long a cast time time to really make them really valid to use. I did fight and kill a condi Renegade which went okay, made a few mistakes but still managed it. Not sure if i need more removals or just more practice at this point

@Razor.9872 said:I'm wondering the same

So far:

Scourge: Can be beaten if playing VERY well and some times get lucky. Lots of Immob/CC is very usefulMesmer: Too much burst and sustain from conditions, can be close but more often than not. Its a lossCondi Dodge Thief: No chance. Cant hit them enough to stop them from dodge spamming and getting riddled with too many conditionsRanger: Can be beaten, easier than some othersHerald Condi Rev: beaten several, tricky but can be doneRenegade Condi Rev: Beaten all 1 Vs 1 so far

Not faced many other condition builds yet. Not faced many Mesmers, see more Chrono than Mirage. Chrono i think could be done if running unblockable attacks as they normally run shield with all its projectile blocks. Scourge, Mesmer and Thief are top of the list of difficult condi to fight so far with Dodge spamming Condi Thief is a total nightmare. Think its just best to remove the condis and run if you have the chance, if you dont. Death.

@Fluffball.8307 said:I literally read zero of this thread but recognized the Rune of the defender benefits. Those things are off the charts powerful.

Yeah for some, i am just wondering if i only have a Heal to proc the 4/6 and 6/6, while the heal is decent. I would guess the beastmode 25% healing increase would affect it? so that would be like 5k which is very nice, but one proc every 30seconds, if you are forced into healing, then i would have 60seconds wait between procs. Wondering if its worth losing 5% direct damage, 5% condition damage, 175 Condition damage and 100 Power for it.

Also, the thread started about trying to find away to counter condition builds. I just struggle, though i am new to the class.

I gotta be real for a second. Please don't take this personally. I hope this is a small wakeup call.

Why in the kitten are you running berserk gear?It's foolish. You get sneezed on, dead.Someone looks at you, dead.Lag spike? Dead.

How are you any help in a small group if you're dead? The second someone figures out you are soft, they will mercilessly target you first and train you into the ground.How can you run solo?

Even in a large group, if you are running back line, thieves will come for you and wreck your face.

Maybe some people can pull it off. I still think it's a risk not worth taking.

If they think they are 'GOOOOOOOD' or more hardcore than you because they run BERSERKLOLZ, they are idiots.

Ultimately, whether you play very competitively or not, this game is all about fun and enjoyment. Having some toughness and/or Vitality makes quality of life SOOOO much better. Not to mention, there are Soulbeast builds that benefit when you have more hitpoints than your target. It's advantageous to run with more vitality. It improves the offense potential. You will have more time to react and counterplay.

@Fluffball.8307 said:I literally read zero of this thread but recognized the Rune of the defender benefits. Those things are off the charts powerful.

Yeah for some, i am just wondering if i only have a Heal to proc the 4/6 and 6/6, while the heal is decent. I would guess the beastmode 25% healing increase would affect it? so that would be like 5k which is very nice, but one proc every 30seconds, if you are forced into healing, then i would have 60seconds wait between procs. Wondering if its worth losing 5% direct damage, 5% condition damage, 175 Condition damage and 100 Power for it.

Also, the thread started about trying to find away to counter condition builds. I just struggle, though i am new to the class.

I gotta be real for a second. Please don't take this personally. I hope this is a small wakeup call.

Why in the kitten are you running berserk gear?It's foolish. You get sneezed on, dead.Someone looks at you, dead.Lag spike? Dead.

How are you any help in a small group if you're dead? The second someone figures out you are soft, they will mercilessly target you first and train you into the ground.How can you run solo?

Even in a large group, if you are running back line, thieves will come for you and wreck your face.

If they think they are 'GOOOOOOOD' or more hardcore than you because they run BERSERKLOLZ, they are idiots.

Ultimately, whether you play very competitively or not, this game is all about fun and enjoyment. Having some toughness and/or Vitality makes quality of life SOOOO much better. Not to mention, there are Soulbeast builds that benefit when you have more hitpoints than your target. It's advantageous to run with more vitality. It improves the offense potential. You will have more time to react and counterplay.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:I gotta be real for a second. Please don't take this personally. I hope this is a small wakeup call.

I have no desire to play bunker, If i wanted that boring, boring, boring gameplay style - i wouldnt pick Soulbeast. I'd also say nearly 21k health and 1.5k Toughness is berserker either, i do have around 2,900 Power, 50% crit chance and like 200% crit damage though. I have no problem losing against against power builds. Power builds require at least some sacrifice. Bunker condi however has ZERO sacrifice.

you assume that i am running full berserkers because of the runeset? Well, im not. Power builds arent the problem for the most part. Its Condi builds that spam 5+ condis every second on you, while being full bunker in stats with condis that deal like 2-3k+ i have hit MUCH higher ticks than that as well...

Archived