necro wells

tontonUB.4687

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,A lot o f nice inputs there. Thank you. I'll keep on casted wells without trait, and wells being centered / pulsing around necromancer when traited (wells will need some tweaks, btw).I'd also like to see an elite well as an elite signet one day, or before GW2 dies ... Before lost ark being available in EU ?

@"Jethro.9376" said:Remember when we had to trait for ground targeted wells?Why not rework death magic in a way to make them follow the player?

don't wells "belong" in bloodmagic? (and i severly doubt it'll make DM any good by turning it into a more unfocused mess)

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@Brigg.3961 said:I wouldn't mind if the well of blood followed me and the others stayed range. I really want to see an elite well before I die though.

we already have plaguelands

That skill really,
really
, needs to be made into a well.

I dont agree because its currently a corruption. Trait corruptions gain considerably better decreased cooldown benefits when traited thant wells do. Im also pretty sure that condition builds in pve use master of corruption...... sooooo i dont agree... im not even a condition player and i dont agree with this.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Brigg.3961 said:I wouldn't mind if the well of blood followed me and the others stayed range. I really want to see an elite well before I die though.

That skill really,
really

I dont agree because its currently a corruption. Trait corruptions gain considerably better decreased cooldown benefits when traited thant wells do. Im also pretty sure that condition builds in pve use master of corruption...... sooooo i dont agree... im not even a condition player and i dont agree with this.

Fair enough, but unblockable and targetable at the very least.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

That skill really,
really

if it were up to me i would have liked to see something more like that forces people to spread out to avoid being hit by it.

Targets one person places a moving aoe on them, if that aoe strikes another person they get afflicted with it and so on and so on. the only thing would be is that a player can not re proc a player who already is pulsing the conditions. That said there is no way the current version would be fair sticking to anyone that would be out right a free kill to stick a condition stacking pulsing aoe to some one for 11 seconds or so XD But still yeah... i would have liked a more creative version of plaguelands or of the old plague even.... I do kinda miss using the old plague form to tank on points.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

That skill really,
really

if it were up to me i would have liked to see something more like that forces people to spread out to avoid being hit by it.

Targets one person places a moving aoe on them, if that aoe strikes another person they get afflicted with it and so on and so on. the only thing would be is that a player can not re proc a player who already is pulsing the conditions. That said there is no way the current version would be fair sticking to anyone that would be out right a free kill to stick a condition stacking pulsing aoe to some one for 11 seconds or so XD But still yeah... i would have liked a more creative version of plaguelands or of the old plague even.... I do kinda miss using the old plague form to tank on points.

here's an idea: each pulse gives the necro a condition and copies all of his current condi's onto nearby opponents.

I dunno, I like the range element and miss that with traps while promoting it for spirits.

In WvW I find myself easily getting downed by Necros who have a pulsing red ring of death around them.. adding wells to that which would corrupt my boons, deal damage and negate conditions on the Necro just seems extremely OP imo.. specially if they heal the Necro as well.As cool as a Necromancer build could be as a literal walking pestilence I think it would be far too easy to abuse.

@derd.6413 said:

That skill really,
really

here's an idea: each pulse gives the necro a condition and copies all of his current condi's onto nearby opponents.

hmmm if the risk was balanced properly with the reward this could be a very good design but it needs to be made worth the risk considering something like this would literally be committing suicide if used incorrectly or at the wrong time.. Further more i feel like when rev had something similar to this it got removed not because of its potential but because people kept complaining that allies were removing the conditions on the rev thus limited the skills true power. Anet removed it and didnt replace it with anything to make it up. I feel like thats the one flaw we could see with this idea too.

You would never get the most bang for your buck if allies are removing conditions from you as you get new ones it becomes impossible for the necro to control how optimal they want to be with the potential of such a skill.

But never the less its a good idea.

I totally disagree with this. well is a freaking well it should be placed in good spot. I play well-o-Mancer on WVW and I really enjoy this as a part of tactic, to not screw up placing a well...and being idle runner with well on...meh.Only thing that I proposed back in the day, of course without any response was to add vampirism to wells in a better way - wells with vampirism talents should(apart from giving protection) sucking hp from enemies and grant them to those who stand in them, a small buff but a great thing for supporting purpose - sometimes huge advantage...sometimes they will just rush through them and get ticked once or perhaps two times

I like wells. It's nice to use as a melee character for some extra range outside of axe burst, or running in on a group if your party gets ahead of you. It was already mentioned, but having some extra range in WvW if you decide to go up against the other zerg is nice, too.

@Klowdy.3126 said:I like wells. It's nice to use as a melee character for some extra range outside of axe burst, or running in on a group if your party gets ahead of you. It was already mentioned, but having some extra range in WvW if you decide to go up against the other zerg is nice, too.

I can understand this.But having 900 range on wells, while most of the range in zerg have 1200 range, isn't really great.And if they made wells being centered on necro and following him, while traited, would leave the choice to player (no traited wells for ranged wells, traited wells for centered wells).On the other hand, if anet could give us a longbow with clowny 1500 range and pewpew dumbskills, firing the same 300 lbs weight arrows than ranger's longbow ... why not ? After all, this game has already become such a monthyhall mess ...

@tontonUB.4687 said:

@Klowdy.3126 said:I like wells. It's nice to use as a melee character for some extra range outside of axe burst, or running in on a group if your party gets ahead of you. It was already mentioned, but having some extra range in WvW if you decide to go up against the other zerg is nice, too.

I can understand this.But having 900 range on wells, while most of the range in zerg have 1200 range, isn't really great.And if they made wells being centered on necro and following him, while traited, would leave the choice to player (no traited wells for ranged wells, traited wells for centered wells).On the other hand, if anet could give us a longbow with clowny 1500 range and pewpew dumbskills, firing the same 300 lbs weight arrows than ranger's longbow ... why not ? After all, this game has already become such a monthyhall mess ...

Please no.... of all weapons not a long bow.... we dont need that lol we have 900 range attacks that dont use projectiles (the strongest ranged attacks from a mechanical standpoint) we do not need a long bow.

im still willing to bet that if there is a 3rd x pack necro will get a sword. (its the only profession left without access to a sword) why no fill the gap.

@tontonUB.4687 said:

That's funny. I mentioned wanting LB with the next set of elites in a different thread.

@"Klowdy.3126" said:

That's funny. I mentioned wanting LB with the next set of elites in a different thread.

And i totally support you about it !!On the other side, i'd wish to see an elite well added before i quit. And an alite signet too, but's it's another topic. Oh, and a rework of staff, as good as was the guardian one.And a LB for necro ... sing with me :"Imagine all, the necrooooo,shootingggg from 1500 .... raaaAAaaaanngeeee OhohOooooHOHOhoooo ..."

An elite well may not happen simply because wells already make Necro a WvW staple and Plague is like a well, now.

If not Plague, what would not be OP and mandatory in WvW?

An AoE that pulses...Stab?Protection?Resistance?Might?Fear?Vuln?Weakness?Heal?Regen?Reflect?Swiftness?Stealth?More damage than WoS?More corruption than WoC?

Almost any 900 range placeable well would only make Necro stronger in in WvW. Even a very weak well might be too strong.

A reflection well would not be broken (even redundant in zerg play) but a very useful utility for necros. Every necro spec is hardcountered by ranged pressure and since every class has more mobility, maintaining constant ranged pressure is pretty easy.

Necro and esp. reaper suffers still from the leap mechanic redesign in 2015. For those who do not remember: Movement impairing conditions used to limit leap distances (a chilled target lost 66% of leap distance and a crippled target lost 50%). We still don't have a compensation for that (it became even worse: we lost our 7s shroud cooldown option!). A reflection well would be a bandaid as the mentioned redesign affected the whole necro class (which should have gotten a rework) but still better than nothing.

@KrHome.1920 said:A reflection well would not be broken (even redundant in zerg play) but a very useful utility for necros. Every necro spec is hardcountered by ranged pressure and since every class has more mobility, maintaining constant ranged pressure is pretty easy.

Necro and esp. reaper suffers still from the leap mechanic redesign in 2015. For those who do not remember: Movement impairing conditions used to limit leap distances (a chilled target lost 66% of leap distance and a crippled target lost 50%). We still don't have a compensation for that (it became even worse: we lost our 7s shroud cooldown option!). A reflection well would be a bandaid as the mentioned redesign affected the whole necro class (which should have gotten a rework) but still better than nothing.

doesn't make much sense and isn't projectile mitigation the purpose of Corrosive Poison Cloud.

@Anchoku.8142 said:An elite well may not happen simply because wells already make Necro a WvW staple and Plague is like a well, now.

If not Plague, what would not be OP and mandatory in WvW?

Almost any 900 range placeable well would only make Necro stronger in in WvW. Even a very weak well might be too strong.

In the actual crazyness of unbalance monthyhallness state of WvW, you are perfectly right.But in a game where you can be pewpewed to death in 1 sec (already seen 50K from LB, wtf), where near-perma clownery stealth still rules, etc ... Adding elite well wont be much of an addition, to the ambiant wreck.

Before trying to fix anything else (WvW purpose) , they should divide by 2 or 3 any spike damage, and dps by 3 to 5. While trashing regen and any heal by 5 to 10. It would bring back the 'attrition' factor of any battle. While actually, we evolve in something being 50% DOTA 50% Clown-Strike, 50% strout fighters, 100% epic fail. Boons overstack should also been looked at, in an extreme negative way (both duration, number of stack, and reapply / spam).

And for well, i'd like something like this :

• untraited : reset all wells CD on activation, 90 sec CD
  • traited : passively add +5% to all stats, even while in lich formI really think it would not be cheated, nor abusive.

@derd.6413 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:A reflection well would not be broken (even redundant in zerg play) but a very useful utility for necros. Every necro spec is hardcountered by ranged pressure and since every class has more mobility, maintaining constant ranged pressure is pretty easy.

doesn't make much sense and isn't projectile mitigation the purpose of Corrosive Poison Cloud.As a wells necro you play a power build, you trait blood magic, you are static and hardcountered by ranged attacks (wells fail hard in non static fights).

CPC fits more into condi builds (boosted by curses, self weakness which cripples power builds, poison application, poison field...).

So you have two very different playstyles.

Not even to mention that CPC does not reflect and that two projectile block options are better than one.

Archived