Do you enjoy map completion? Why or why not?

Done over 50 world comps, but honnestly the mounts make it less fun than it used to be. Imo mounts should've been limited to PoF zones from the start so people would actually play in those maps (nothing to do there except bounties) and the LS3 zones since these are the maps that were actually made for mounts.

Tyria wasn't made for mounts, you can skip all the well-made mini-jp's to the vistas with springer, there are a lot of zones were gliding isn't allowed but mounts are (makes no sense). I still like running through them without mounts though, and the hearts can often be completed in more ways than you'd think of.

If you want to do something different for a change, can always go for a world comp without reaching max combat, thus avoiding events and using combat to complete hearts. It'll "force" you to look for an alternative instead of killing mobs ;)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@evlover.6270 said:Done over 50 world comps, but honnestly the mounts make it less fun than it used to be. Imo mounts should've been limited to PoF zones from the start so people would actually play in those maps (nothing to do there except bounties) and the LS3 zones since these are the maps that were actually made for mounts.

Though I can't share your love for map completion at all, I'm also finding that introducing mounts to core maps and even HoT in the way how they did it wasn't good idea. Specifically, HoT - which maps I like enormously for their complexity and navigation challenges - suffered a lot. At least I would only allowed to use mounts there after all HoT native masteries are maxed. So first you would still need to play using only the original mechanics of it, as it was designed this way.

@Cerioth.7062 said:

@"Don Vega Van Kain.9842" said:All the ppl who says "Yes" "Relaxing" blablabla are :

1- casuals2- do it for the first time, maybe the second3- too casuals .....4- doing some achievements

First time it's been nice, second time ! a rediscovery.

I'm doing it for the SIXTH time for god sake (yep i sell legendaries), i have Hearts nightmares now...... :anguished:

@"PlagueParade.7942" said:Not after doing it 18 times and all of them except the last was before mounts were introduced.

:astonished: ... Man, i take a pic of ur post and I'll put it on the wall as motivation.

Hm, I do not think it is fair of you to state why others might or might not enjoy map completion. I have over 10k hours in this game and I still enjoy a leisure stroll through some of the open world maps. I do find hearts too grindy to enjoy map completing often, but still. I can see the appeal.

Duuuude, where did u see that i state anything :anguished: ????

I just give my opinion, it's not fair from u to not respect it :D

Otherwise, if you feel bad by the word "casual", my apologies.

You have over 10k !! i have under 4k :dizzy: even if i started the game from day 1, see i'm a real casual (have a job, wife, childrens and even a cat) and i've done world completion 6 times and it's making me sick :s (even if I appreciate the landscapes)..... my feelings ;)

PS: heyyy i forgot 5- have too much time :p

@Xstein.2187 said:

@Figlilly.3907 said:I currently have 52 Gifts of Exploration sitting in my bank so yes, I think I enjoy map completion. I am currently working on characters 27 and 28. Maybe they will get there too. Not sure.

Well I now have 73 gifts of exploration! I just pay the kid crossed the street to do it for me B)

Sir, can i pay u to pay the kids to do it for me, thx a lot.

Regards,

Didn't mind it as much the first time but could never do it a second. I didn't really enjoy it the first time. Just kinda did it. It wasn't hard at all as you can just use gliders and mounts to go everywhere without a care. If it was a challenge to go places I could get some satisfaction from doing something but if it's easy it's just a chore.

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:All the ppl who says "Yes" "Relaxing" blablabla are :

1- casuals2- do it for the first time, maybe the second3- too casuals .....4- doing some achievements

First time it's been nice, second time ! a rediscovery.

I'm doing it for the SIXTH time for god sake (yep i sell legendaries), i have Hearts nightmares now...... :anguished:

@"PlagueParade.7942" said:Not after doing it 18 times and all of them except the last was before mounts were introduced.

:astonished: ... Man, i take a pic of ur post and I'll put it on the wall as motivation.

Hm, I do not think it is fair of you to state why others might or might not enjoy map completion. I have over 10k hours in this game and I still enjoy a leisure stroll through some of the open world maps. I do find hearts too grindy to enjoy map completing often, but still. I can see the appeal.

Duuuude, where did u see that i state anything :anguished: ????

I just give my opinion, it's not fair from u to not respect it :D

Otherwise, if you feel bad by the word "casual", my apologies.

You have over 10k !! i have under 4k :dizzy: even if i started the game from day 1, see i'm a real casual (have a job, wife, childrens and even a cat) and i've done world completion 6 times and it's making me sick :s (even if I appreciate the landscapes)..... my feelings ;)

PS: heyyy i forgot 5- have too much time :p

Well, you did say that all people who do map completion are either casuals, newbies or doing achievements. And now you came up with the too much time -card. I fall under none of those categories. I have plenty of things to work on. I just find map comp enjoyable from time to time.

Well, to be fair, outside of my first character I do not do the entire world at a chunk from start to finish, which is what some people seem to be hating on. My characters are spread out, and do one map at a time, at whatever pace I feel like (which sometimes leaves somebody stuck in Snowden Drifts for months at a time.) Most of my map completions are on beginner maps for key farmers, and can be done with my eyes closed. Other maps are done in bits and pieces as the dailies happen there or I have a little time to kill, or I am hungry for a free key, or feel like revisiting certain areas, or playing and/or ranking up that particular character, or just happen to notice, "Oh, The Mighty X is at 70% on their map, I may as well finish it off." I have two legendaries and a few spare GoEs in the bank, and am not really concerned about how close any of my characters is to the next 100% completion.

Starting a new character and dedicating yourself to making them 100% map complete as fast as possible does not sound like a very fun use of play time. Maybe whether you enjoy it depends a lot more on your goals than the actual process.

• 1 year later...

No, and maybe its because im just that kind of lazy person. I never 100% any console games ive ever owned either. I just play for story, dailies, and then log off unless somebody wants to do something with me. I've played the game on and off since 2013 and really cant be bothered to get world completion.

No. As someone who only has one char and have searched through every corner of every map location, I don’t know how you people do it but having to make a new char and explore EVERYTHING again? Absolutely not. Would rather have it so every area is unlocked for future chars once I’ve played through entirely.

Some might say “well you get other items, achievements etc....” well “technically” I shouldn’t have to make another char to get more gifts, backpack skins etc.... they should have it where I need to get more map currency and buy them that way or something along those lines.