[War Eternal Ending Spoilers] What does that make the commander?

Danikat.8537

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Sicarine.3985 said:As the Claw of Aurene, you can look forward to groups of adventurers attacking your right hand every 3 hours, but usually within 2-3 hours after midnight GMT

Season 5 plot leaked early huh?

Not really I think but I can list the pieces and rumours we have some dev claimed over a year ago on reddit the next expansion will be Cantha.(even if this was true its has some ? with the changes in Arena NET)We still have the deep sea dragon to fight and we need to help Taimi with her illness.

About Kralk branded minions in the beginning Arena NET didn't cared much of the leftover minions of the villains so they were just forgotten (Undead, Sylvari, Scarlets minions, etc ) at the end of Ls3 we see to start a change with left overs from Zaithans undead army, then Sylavai the wind festival who fights with himself and then the raimains of joko army in LS4 and some priest form Balthazar.

My point is if we really go in the direction Cantha there is a change we see Mai Trin again but honestly I want to deal with Taimis sickness first.

My biggest problem is:

What villain would even be a threat to the commander?

It took a fallen god to kill us and we got stronger since that.

Sooo.... where could someone that strong come from?

Must be some currently unknown place.

Cough Cantha Cough

Arent there still EDs left? Jormag and bubbles? Wouldnt we need a new vessel for their magic aswell? As we learned its not good to absorb too much random magic, so i dont think we should use aurene as a sponge for the magic of those two...

So we cant just kill those

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Sicarine.3985 said:As the Claw of Aurene, you can look forward to groups of adventurers attacking your right hand every 3 hours, but usually within 2-3 hours after midnight GMT

Season 5 plot leaked early huh?

Not really I think but I can list the pieces and rumours we have some dev claimed over a year ago on reddit the next expansion will be Cantha.(even if this was true its has some ? with the changes in Arena NET)We still have the deep sea dragon to fight and we need to help Taimi with her illness.

About Kralk branded minions in the beginning Arena NET didn't cared much of the leftover minions of the villains so they were just forgotten (Undead, Sylvari, Scarlets minions, etc ) at the end of Ls3 we see to start a change with left overs from Zaithans undead army, then Sylavai the wind festival who fights with himself and then the raimains of joko army in LS4 and some priest form Balthazar.

My point is if we really go in the direction Cantha there is a change we see Mai Trin again but honestly I want to deal with Taimis sickness first.

My biggest problem is:

What villain would even be a threat to the commander?

It took a fallen god to kill us and we got stronger since that.

Sooo.... where could someone that strong come from?

Must be some currently unknown place.

Cough Cantha Cough

Arent there still EDs left? Jormag and bubbles? Wouldnt we need a new vessel for their magic aswell? As we learned its not good to absorb too much random magic, so i dont think we should use aurene as a sponge for the magic of those two...

So we cant just kill those

Kunavang should still be around right?

Maybe she had eggs too?

Cantha has so many possibilities.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Kunavang should still be around right?

Maybe she had eggs too?

Kuunavang was a lesser dragon as far as we know, and not a scion of an Elder Dragon. Best we know, she can't replace an Elder Dragon.

@Dschromm.2946 said:But wasn't kunavang evil?

No. She was twisted and tormented by Shiro's magic at one point, but we fixed her by beating her up (cuz that works).

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Maybe she had eggs too?

Kuunavang was a lesser dragon as far as we know, and not a scion of an Elder Dragon. Best we know, she can't replace an Elder Dragon.

@Dschromm.2946 said:But wasn't kunavang evil?

No. She was twisted and tormented by Shiro's magic at one point, but we fixed her by beating her up (cuz that works).

Making Kunavang to the deep sea dragon what glint is to Kralk would be very easy for the Gw2 story dudes.

Thats 1000% gonna happen IF we get to cantha.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Maybe she had eggs too?

@"Dschromm.2946" said:But wasn't kunavang evil?

Making Kunavang to the deep sea dragon what glint is to Kralk would be very easy for the Gw2 story dudes.

They could. Except there's nothing water or tentacle related about Kuunavang. She was all about stars and shit. I guess they could make the DSD some "Elder Star Dragon" but Kralk and Glint already have a huge relation to sky.

Not to mention that lore points the DSD being west of Tyria, not south of it like Cantha, despite people continuously relating the two.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Maybe she had eggs too?

@"Dschromm.2946" said:But wasn't kunavang evil?

They could. Except there's nothing water or tentacle related about Kuunavang. She was all about stars and kitten. I guess they could make the DSD some "Elder Star Dragon" but Kralk and Glint already have a huge relation to sky.

Not to mention that lore points the DSD being west of Tyria, not south of it like Cantha, despite people continuously relating the two.

Didnt Kunavang have these „mustache tentacles“, like many asian dragons?

Also retconning the underwater dragon from „ tentacle hell monster“ to stereo typical asian dragon with an Anet touch could happen.

At this point its:A. Old design and original storyB. New Design and cantha

And what would make the most money?

I kinda agree with @DanAlcedo.3281 that it's entirely possible the old lore about Kuunavang could easily be retconned to fit into the role of a Scion.They could also just go and put on record that the Canthan dragons are not the same as the Tyrian kind of dragons, and although they are called the same, they are different species altogether and thus have no potential to become Scions.They've retconned plenty of lore already, though nothing this major really. The lore on Kuuna is in a central position where the Factions storyline is concerned.

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Didnt Kunavang have these „mustache tentacles“, like many asian dragons?

Also retconning the underwater dragon from „ tentacle hell monster“ to stereo typical asian dragon with an Anet touch could happen.

At this point its:A. Old design and original storyB. New Design and cantha

And what would make the most money?

C. Going to new lands, discovering new things, and expanding lore without restraints of old lore.

While ArenaNet does occasionally retcon, they seldom do outside of forgetfulness/ignorance of what's been established. That said, there are just as many people wanting to go to new places, and even those who are constantly chanting for Cantha's return would want that as well.

The DSD has a lot of room for ArenaNet to go whatever direction they want, but even if they do change their establishment and put the DSD in Cantha, in all honesty, it's more likely they'll link Kanaxai and the Oni to the DSD as they are already practically perfect matches to be the DSD's minions than powerful wyvern known as Kuunavang. Especially after they've put effort into saying "yes, wyverns and hydras and skyscales are dragons but they cannot become Elder Dragons."

If ArenaNet wants to establish new scions, it would be easier and more interesting overall if they did so by exploring new lore, rather than retconning old lore. As you imply: new design would make more money than old design. So why return to Kuunavang when they can make something new?

Besides all that, I think if they were going to tie into the Saltspray Dragons and Cantha, rather than bringing it in from literally empty space and nowhere, they'd bring up Shiny first as a lead in (well, given we're going to Ahdashim next raid, maybe they will; we'll see).

@"Yannir.4132" said:They could also just go and put on record that the Canthan dragons are not the same as the Tyrian kind of dragons, and although they are called the same, they are different species altogether and thus have no potential to become Scions.

They already did go on the record and say that. They're called "lesser dragons" - wyverns, hydras, drakes, skyscales are also included, and saltspray dragons are basically serpentine wyverns, while rockhide dragons are tortoise-like drakes.

The way I see it is 'dragons' in Tyria is a higher level grouping, like 'apes' in real life. Orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, humans and gibbons are all apes, but that doesn't mean they're all the same or interchangeable. They're still distinct species with different characteristics and abilities.

Bearing in mind of course that I don't think genetics has been discovered in Tyria yet, so phylogeny is likely to be based on what a species looks like. So it's possible at least some types of dragon developed entirely separately from the others and have nothing in common with them except looking like large reptiles and having some magical abilities (and most things in Tyria are magical).

@Danikat.8537 said:Spoons and legendary spikes, I'm going with that. :D

Is it bad that I really want Claw of Aurene as a title now?

And maybe that's why we get mobbed by enemies in PoF? They're coming to fight the dragon champion for spoons. (Although I'm on EU, so for me it will be more 6-11pm GMT, it tends to drop off by midnight.)

I want a cloak broach of a dragon claw holding a sword pointed down to go along with the title. ;-)

Honestly, right about now, I would take a Blood Legion Homeland/Far Shiverpeaks expansion opening gates to new lands (East and North of the tyrian subcontinent) over Cantha, if only because the world is so damn vast that there must be untold number of civilizations and species we've never even seen. If ANet so wished, they could have an actual remnant of the Age of Giants somewhere in the East for instance, while they can't do much more than another human Kingdom, asian-themed with Cantha right now.But if in both case, we can avoid Asura everywhere, solving everything with their technology, it would be great. I get it, Arena Net likes them, but the other races are utterly ridiculous compared to them now.

@Mem no Fushia.7604 said:Maybe our body won't be able to contain such power and we will become that huge anomaly chased by others and we will find new body maybe of tengu. Maybe the fact we died once before raised our capabilities and it won't be a problem to contain such power.

There was the whole side story event that was specifically about making an object that absorbed the excess magic so we didn't go crazy.

@Valmir.4590 said:But if in both case, we can avoid Asura everywhere, solving everything with their technology, it would be great. I get it, Arena Net likes them, but the other races are utterly ridiculous compared to them now.

I agree with this. Asura with their technological Deus Ex Machina is bloody annoying. It's great that they reduced it in PoF/Season 4 compared to Season 3 but there's still too much. Could do with a season where Taimi is actually on the sidelines due to her sickness and Gorrik goes with her.