Guild Wars 2 should have harder content.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:You are right, everything slowed down after PoF. But the hit raids took was considerably bigger than say, LS. If I'm not mistaken the average release time from w3 to w6 was 275 days. Even for Anet's standards of late, that's still too much for content that supposedly has sizeable audience.

Living World episode slowdown:Season 3: 6 LS episodes in 12 months, 1 episode every 2 monthsSeason 4: 6 LS episodes in 20 months, 1 episode every 3.33 months~66% increase in time between Episode releases

Given how the team was fixing the mess of release HoT between Hot release and the start of Season 3

Raid wing slowdown:Heart of Thorns: 4 wings in 20 months, 1 wing in 5 monthsPath of Fire: 3 wings in 20 months, 1 wing in 6.66 months~32% increase in time between Raid wings

How is that quote misleading since still nothing compares to post-HoT raid schedule? I never claimed that raid acitivity is shrinking, I think that it's relatively stable but small. If anything, I consider that HoT push an anomaly that contributed to some players asking for a disproportionate focus right now, thinking those glory days should be the norm.

Heart of Thorns raids were developed during the expansion and they were released alone without any episodes around them. The mistake they did with Path of Fire was releasing Raid wings at the same time as episodes, and since episodes got that massive slowdown, raid releases were affected too. I'm hoping that now they learned their lesson and they finally make sure they'll release Raids outside living world episodes, same with Fractals. Hopefully this will lead to more of both in the future as they won't have to wait for a late episode release.

Perhaps the slowdown in both LS and raid development owes more to the reported diversion of resources into "other project(s)" than it does to any development decisions related to which content type is more responsive to player desires. Sure, ANet laid employees off, so maybe the teams on GW2 are smaller or roughly the same size -- or maybe the canning of those other projects, even with the layoffs, will mean more resources for GW2. I guess we'll see if there is an increase in release cadence for both "harder" and "softer" content.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"IndigoSundown.5419" said:Perhaps the slowdown in both LS and raid development owes more to the reported diversion of resources into "other project(s)" than it does to any development decisions related to which content type is more responsive to player desires. Sure, ANet laid employees off, so maybe the teams on GW2 are smaller or roughly the same size -- or maybe the canning of those other projects, even with the layoffs, will mean more resources for GW2. I guess we'll see if there is an increase in release cadence for both "harder" and "softer" content.

This is true, I also believe that's what happened, they allocated a lot of their people on other projects which is why the release schedule was slowed.The cancellation of those projects means some of those developers will come back to work on GW2 so it will get better, given some time for adjustments.Or at least that's my hope.

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:We already have plenty of ways to casually play the game with barely any effort. Is there not a way where you guys can make some parts of the game more difficult? I understand that your main audience is not hardcore, but please leave some hardcore content for your hardcore fans that have been with you for a while. That is all that we ask for. Legendaries are nice...but we prefer harder content. I would trade my existing Legendaries for difficult content.

carrie or carry me and 8 other ppl in dhuum challenge mode.me and 8 others do nothing and you solo the boss for our loot.i think this would be hard enough.if you like it. then answer and we have a deal.i am a casual and noob. not interested in difficult contend and want everything easy (gaming must be relax) this is for mmo games.that’s nice in guildwars 2 noobs can have legendary weapons. only gold and time is needed. only skills needed are jumping puzzles.

@titje.2745 said:

@"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:We already have plenty of ways to casually play the game with barely any effort. Is there not a way where you guys can make some parts of the game more difficult? I understand that your main audience is not hardcore, but please leave some hardcore content for your hardcore fans that have been with you for a while. That is all that we ask for. Legendaries are nice...but we prefer harder content. I would trade my existing Legendaries for difficult content.

carrie or carry me and 8 other ppl in dhuum challenge mode.me and 8 others do nothing and you solo the boss for our loot.i think this would be hard enough.if you like it. then answer and we have a deal.i am a casual and noob. not interested in difficult contend and want everything easy (gaming must be relax) this is for mmo games.that’s nice in guildwars 2 noobs can have legendary weapons. only gold and time is needed. only skills needed are jumping puzzles.

Its almost exactly what people do already :P Because there's no enough new pve content, then people start to find challengies by themselves.So they do low-man raids. They sell bosses. They do speed-kills. Etc, etc.

Ofc it shouldnt work like that. It's pathology. Especially if it comes to PvE. And it leads sooner or later to burnout. And frustration.Game should provide enough new content for their players... So they wont have to search for challengies by themselves...

Example below xD

@Xar.6279 said:

@"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:We already have plenty of ways to casually play the game with barely any effort. Is there not a way where you guys can make some parts of the game more difficult? I understand that your main audience is not hardcore, but please leave some hardcore content for your hardcore fans that have been with you for a while. That is all that we ask for. Legendaries are nice...but we prefer harder content. I would trade my existing Legendaries for difficult content.

Its almost exactly what people do already :P Because there's no enough new pve content, then people start to find challengies by themselves.So they do low-man raids. They sell bosses. They do speed-kills. Etc, etc.

Ofc it shouldnt work like that. It's pathology. Especially if it comes to PvE. And it leads sooner or later to burnout. And frustration.Game should provide enough new content for their players... So they wont have to search for challengies by themselves...

Example below xD

Why shouldn't players challenge themselves? They do so all the time in splo games... ..What makes mmo's so different? In fact, Id argue its even more important to set self challenges because it's impossible to ever create enough content for hardcore players.