[request] Crafting update idea

• I would like to add crafting stations to my home instance (or my guild, but preferably my home instance).But I would like to craft the crafting stations! As the crafting stations "level up" they enable subsequent tier of crafting.

And then have a whole tier of "Hand Made" items. Where each items acquires a history based on where it was crafted (so a player could have a cottage industry of making glove liners in the Shiverpeaks for instance) and that controls what buffs could be put on them.

edit: fixed typos

I personally don't care where it is, I just want it to be faster. Takes forever.

And for those who are about to claim that other games are less streamlined, progresses slower or whatever else you are about to throw up as a hail mary:

1. That is not true. GW2 is not the fastest crafting game. I'll grant it is not particularly slow but that is all you are getting.
  2. I am not talking about other games nor am I even remotely interested in how it functions in other games.
  3. If you are actually fine with it (although I am going to assume that you do not craft a lot if at all) then great! Good for you. I am not. Crafting pace needs to be sped up.

• 2 months later...

FWIW, I love the new Cooking Station in my home instance! The homegrown varietal herbs, the skills to make better cuts of meat, the superior cookware and that fantastic oven! That is almost exactly the kind of thing I was talking about in my first post. The advances in the appearance and function of the Cooking Station are tied to the crafting level. Bravo and more please!!!!

The passes to the vip areas kind of covers this as a fast crafting area with everything around in quick reach. Why I love the Queens pavilion. I see completely no reason to do anything in the home instance outside of harvesting nodes, as it lacks so much that is in a vip area. Bank, tp access, crafters with vendors. Laurel vendor and more.

And the cooking station there is only halfbaked as theres no cooking resources npc, seymour not turning into one. Making it kind of useless.

@LucianDK.8615 said:The passes to the vip areas kind of covers this as a fast crafting area with everything around in quick reach. Why I love the Queens pavilion. I see completely no reason to do anything in the home instance outside of harvesting nodes, as it lacks so much that is in a vip area. Bank, tp access, crafters with vendors. Laurel vendor and more.

And the cooking station there is only halfbaked as theres no cooking resources npc, seymour not turning into one. Making it kind of useless.

OK, but then a truly VIP area where it's instanced, no other players that are not part of your party, and customizable. Or you know, a home instance which already has all the rest of that....

I just want an area that has no other players (or at the very least controlled player access). An option to turn off other all player interaction would be a reasonable substitute.

@Nol Fran Shee.1285 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:The passes to the vip areas kind of covers this as a fast crafting area with everything around in quick reach. Why I love the Queens pavilion. I see completely no reason to do anything in the home instance outside of harvesting nodes, as it lacks so much that is in a vip area. Bank, tp access, crafters with vendors. Laurel vendor and more.

OK, but then a truly VIP area where it's instanced, no other players that are not part of your party, and customizable. Or you know, a home instance which already has all the rest of that....

And why would they need to, when the vip area serves the exact same purpose? It would make the passes completely undesirable to buy. So no, it wont ever happen.

• 2 months later...

@LucianDK.8615 said:

And why would they need to, when the vip area serves the exact same purpose? It would make the passes completely undesirable to buy. So no, it wont ever happen.

Why would it make the other undesirable to buy? They already have more than one area so multiple areas are not dissuading them from adding more. I bet there are a lot of people that would love an area with no other players around. No annoying animations. Not having to suppress map chat when infants start talking politics. No sounds from people activating random skills. You know, private...

I think the most common reason they used to give against this sort of thing in the past was that they simply wanted more people out in the game world so maps wouldn't seem empty and everyone wouldn't be squirreled away in guild halls and home instances.

But now they've put cooking in your home instance and made distant VIP pass locations away from the general public. The old argument no longer holds.

Might as well add the rest of the crafting professions to the home instance. If they aren't willing to forge ahead with a new player housing system, then the next best thing is to tweak, upgrade, and improve what they've already given us. I don't even think VIP passes would suffer in sales, because they've always been more about aesthetic than what you can actually do in them.

• 5 months later...