Roller Beetle

I just want to put it out there that I'd like for there to be a new roller beetle skin released. We had a whole grand prix, festivals coming out and incorporating racing, and most people I see don't have a skin. The roller beetle skins according to gw2efficiency.com are the least bought or owned skins, tremor armadillo is a great flop only for those who like cute skins, and in my opinion the only really cool roller beetle skin is the trailblazer.

Can we please have another roller beetle skin, I'm dying here.

@Scared.7195 said:I just want to put it out there that I'd like for there to be a new roller beetle skin released. We had a whole grand prix, festivals coming out and incorporating racing, and most people I see don't have a skin.

Low graphics settings? Or perhaps they only have a rental version?

The roller beetle skins according to gw2efficiency.com are the least bought or owned skins

I think there have been plenty of great looking ones, I know I own several and use them. I don't need my roller beetle to look like a different animal (re: armadillo), I like it the way it is (unlike the Skycale, for which I hope more unique skins will come out eventually).

The original skin is nice, with the dye channel having a greater effect than in most of the default skins. I would be happy to see more beetle- and perhaps other invertebrate-inspired skins! I am waiting for the Desert Racer skins to be available again to get the Scarab one. :)

@Scared.7195 said:The roller beetle skins according to gw2efficiency.com are the least bought or owned skins, tremor armadillo is a great flop only for those who like cute skins, and in my opinion the only really cool roller beetle skin is the trailblazer.

Can we please have another roller beetle skin, I'm dying here.

So Arenanet should put more resources into the mount because it's the least popular among the players.Solid reasoning there, chummer.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Not the skin we need, but the skin we deserve:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/c59j6j/roller_beetle_brute_chopper_skin_when/

Now, there's a funny idea! :+1:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I think the Roller Beetle is probably one of, if not the least used Mounts; thus, the least likely for players to purchase skins for it.

You are very wrong with this. I constantly run into roller beetles on my journeys.

I'm not sure about anyone else but I think we've got a nice range of roller beetle skins already. I certainly wouldn't object to more but I doubt people aren't buying them because there aren't any nice skins.

For me it's a combination of factors:1) The roller beetle is my least used mount, so I don't feel like I need a lot of skins for it.2) I bought the branded mount pack and the Istani Isles set when they came out, giving me 4 skins each for the other mounts at about 360 gems each. Since the roller beetle was released I haven't liked enough skins from a single pack to buy the whole lot so I'd have to spend 720 gems for a beetle skin (I only buy select licences when they're on sale).3) I bought the armadillo skin, because it's actually a pangolin and I love pangolins (plus I can dye it blue and call it a hedgehog) and having spent that much on a skin I want to get as much use from it as I can, so I'd only use another one if it really didn't fit the character (currently that's 2 of my 11 characters).

I did get the primeval beetle because I like the primeval mounts (I'm hoping to eventually have a full set) and I thought it made a nice alternative to the armadillo and the basic skin for characters who don't suit those. The only other one I'm likely to get is a branded beetle if they ever make one (and if it's not a 2,000 gem skin). Anything else would have to be really amazing for me to buy it.

Question on Bug's skins:

The skin has horizontal half-markings, which makes it look like a glowing off-road tire, when spinning. Or rather than like a high-tech wheel..or smth similar. Was in green, but i guess that's irrelevant.

Which skin could that be? Trailblazer or anything similar?

Saw one yesterday, but race started and I couldn't find a way in interface to click on the person and ask him the question. :( Should have taken a screenshot

@"Derdzvero.7051" said:Question on Bug's skins:

The skin has horizontal half-markings, which makes it look like a glowing off-road tire, when spinning. Or rather than like a high-tech wheel..or smth similar. Was in green, but i guess that's irrelevant.

Which skin could that be?

Saw one yesterday, but race started and I couldn't find a way in interface to click on the person and ask him the question. :( Should have taken a screenshot

You can see all the roller beetle skins here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_Roller_Beetle_skins

My guess from your description is the Jagged Kournan, but I'm not sure.

Incidentally you can whisper anyone you see in-game by clicking on them to get their name plate up, then right-clicking anywhere on that to get a list of options. You also get the same menu if you right-click their name in chat.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Derdzvero.7051" said:Question on Bug's skins:

Which skin could that be?

You can see all the roller beetle skins here:

My guess from your description is the Jagged Kournan, but I'm not sure.

Incidentally you can whisper anyone you see in-game by clicking on them to get their name plate up, then right-clicking anywhere on that to get a list of options. You also get the same menu if you right-click their name in chat.

Thanks, will check it!

I tried clicking for 20sec... Nothing appeared as menu or option to whisper/msg. If someone pops up in chat, I can click on name and msg, but not screen..will check settings and test more, thanks for the hint.

EDIT: You have to select the person, then click the person's name at top of the screen, not the one above his head! Geeee.....that design..At least found it, thank you!!