Do WvW players enjoy PvE?

TheBravery.9615

@Curunen.8729 said:. + lower hp and finishers allow more stylish non-rotational play.

Haha, Holosmith and Mirage are pretty much as rotational as they come. Dodge food and Energy Sigils only further lower the skill floor and turn dodge into a rotational ability rather than a reactionary ability. You'll notice that you can be not even attacking and many players will simply dodge because it's a part of their boring rotation. Those are the players that pretend to like WvW but actually prefer PvE, they're not fighting other players, they're fighting against their own cooldowns.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Turk.5460 said:

@"Curunen.8729" said:. + lower hp and finishers allow more stylish
non-rotational
play.

Haha, Holosmith and Mirage are pretty much as rotational as they come. Dodge food and Energy Sigils only further lower the skill floor and turn dodge into a rotational ability rather than a reactionary ability. You'll notice that you can be
not even attacking
and many players will simply dodge because it's a part of their boring rotation. Those are the players that pretend to like WvW but actually prefer PvE, they're not fighting other players, they're fighting against their own cooldowns.

I agree it's more brainless than pre HoT, but you can't compare maximising dps with a memorised predefined skill rotation against a boss, to having to adapt/kite etc vs other humans, especially when outnumbered. I can't talk about holo, but for mirage while it provides training wheels for bad timing and incentive to tunnel vision on one's skill bar, especially given most opponents in wvw, that doesn't make it effective when vs proper challenge from real people. Unlike pve boss where you know what it's going to do every time with some variation thrown in depending on your group etc.

(For the record I'm not too fond of where Anet has been pushing mirage with "passive" damage from clone ambushes and largely monotonous playstyle, so hope they do a major overhaul next patch. As a side note regarding dodge, sometimes it's just used for mobility or clone ambush rather than purely for the sake of avoiding damage)

@Dawdler.8521 said:Everyone is running around with legendary weapons.

That ends the discussion.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

The only Precursor I ever got, I got from a slayed Kodashie in SM ;)Cant help but notice you didnt deny having a legendary... So I assume you already have at least one. Maybe two or three but thats for
really
big WvW fans.

Then of course there is the true S tier WvWers - the plethora of thieves that made two legendary daggers before they where account bound, back in the day when thieves was
just that cool
. I mean like 95% of thieves today have the dagger, but I dont know if any of the original hardcore WvWers remain.

The original 2 legendary daggers build was elementalist. Back when elementalist commanders were unkillable front line beasts.

@Brother.1504 said:

That ends the discussion.

The only Precursor I ever got, I got from a slayed Kodashie in SM ;)Cant help but notice you didnt deny having a legendary... So I assume you already have at least one. Maybe two or three but thats for
really
big WvW fans.

Then of course there is the true S tier WvWers - the plethora of thieves that made two legendary daggers before they where account bound, back in the day when thieves was
just that cool
. I mean like 95% of thieves today have the dagger, but I dont know if any of the original hardcore WvWers remain.

The original 2 legendary daggers build was elementalist. Back when elementalist commanders were unkillable front line beasts.Everyone I knew that did them where thieves but yeah I suppose eles could too. I forgot about them. Shouldnt be any surprise. Nobody remembers eles.

Im only saying yes due to the new gameplay the mount has introduced.

WvW is no longer an open world pvp area... its the old Orr karma train people used to do back at game start but no where near as dangerous.T1 fractals present more dangers and challenges than WvW.

WvW is like that place you go to now when you want a break from hitting respawn.

WvW is known to be a open-world pvp alternative for gw2, the gw2 dev was interviewed on this.

As everybody should know, pvp players regardless of what have to do pve to get their gears and what's not. It has been like that for decades. However, I would also like to highlight pure pve is damn boring too because what is the point of getting all these shiny gears and not able to test it out against others? MMO isn't single player game where you just simply complete the story, players must be given reasons to continue playing.