Question about festival of the four winds

Hi, i never played during the festival of the four winds so i wanted to know if its possible to aquire 1200 festival tokens in order to buy the home instance nodes during a single festival. How do you get the tokens and how many can you get? Can i buy them from the TP like the zhaitaffy?

Yes you will have no issues getting that number (I believe they go into your wallet so you can;t buy them from the TP)

Here's a list of known sourceshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Festival_Token

Once you get good at the Gauntlet and can stack gambits (handicaps), you get a decent supply there, otherwise farm the boss blitz below Divinitys Reach or events in Labyrinthe Cliffs

I wouldn't worry about planning anything out if it is your first time. There's tons to do - just go and have fun and you will get more than enough for your needs

@"Randulf.7614" said:Yes you will have no issues getting that number (I believe they go into your wallet so you can;t buy them from the TP)

Here's a list of known sourceshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Festival_Token

Once you get good at the Gauntlet and can stack gambits (handicaps), you get a decent supply there, otherwise farm the boss blitz below Divinitys Reach or events in Labyrinthe Cliffs

I wouldn't worry about planning anything out if it is your first time. There's tons to do - just go and have fun and you will get more than enough for your needs

I agree with this. Even when it's a festival I have played before I like to spend the first day doing it like a real-life festival, just go and look around at what's available, try my hand at whatever I fancy and see what's going on. It's only once I've done that I start looking at achievements and the Wiki to see what's available and getting some idea of goals to focus on.

I don't think you'll have any trouble getting enough tokens for the home instance nodes. You would have trouble getting enough for all the rewards in one go, but I think you've got the right approach by thinking about which rewards you want to prioritise . I also recommend doing the same with farming methods - don't worry too much about what is the absolute most efficient (unless you genuinely don't mind what you do), instead focus on one/s you find easiest or most enjoyable.

For example I know quite a few people who told me it's best to farm the gauntlet but because I can't reliably beat many of the rounds (I've beaten them all at least once but it can take me several attempts) it's not an efficient way of farming for me, I'm better off doing something with lower rewards which I can complete consistently.

Event seems nice. Tons of stuff. Easy time trials like the one with the flying Dolyak (easy to get gold) and harder trials like the one in the pavillon (hard to get silver even). Lots of stuff to collect.

I guess I'll do it similar like I did with Dragon Bash: Doing dailies. Doing permanent achievements. And focusing on the 1 time stuff while doing a bit of the grind/kill stuff (seems pretty fast in pavillon 50 of a mob type to kill) ... hopefully at the end being left with only dailies and some longer grind stuff and maybe some hard trials bosses.

I have already 200-300 of those tokens. Some achievements I think gave them.

Is it worth keeping them in inventory (maybe for crafting or stuff?) or should I just "use" all to put them in the wallet? (Don't see any use for keeping them in inventory at the moment.)

On a side note: Since with this event they also enabled the collector/donation event in LA: Is it worth participating? I saw for previous mystic forge donation stuff at wiki I think it gave only title + some bags with non unique stuff? (Since I'm a returning player after a long break I guess I'll just save my stuff until I'm even ready to get stuff that is unlocked by such donations - and let others donate for now.)

@Zuldari.3940 said:Will we be able to get skyscale currency at the 4 winds festival?

~~All LS4 currency is available from a vendor, yes - there's a vendor in the central pavilion bit by the boss blitz and one in the cliffs by the docked ship

500 festival tokens = 50 ls4 tokens (once per week)~~

Edit - they are LS3 tokens, not LS4. A possible oversight?

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Zuldari.3940 said:Will we be able to get skyscale currency at the 4 winds festival?

All LS4 currency is available from a vendor, yes - there's a vendor in the central pavilion bit by the boss blitz and one in the cliffs by the docked ship

500 festival tokens = 50 ls4 tokens (once per week)

It's the same vendor offerings we saw in Dragon's Bash, so that includes being able to buy a box of 3 Legendary Shards. Looks like this will be standard fare at festivals.

You will be able to get that amount OP. I did so last year for some other items (and still had time spare). The treasure hunt I found a good source (bunny + skimmer) or skyscale + skimmer. Especially skyscale made it easy on 2 of 3 stages. Keep in mind that the bonus (fire effegy) you can only attack with water balloons and skills do nothing.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

All LS4 currency is available from a vendor, yes - there's a vendor in the central pavilion bit by the boss blitz and one in the cliffs by the docked ship

It's the same vendor offerings we saw in Dragon's Bash, so that includes being able to buy a box of 3 Legendary Shards. Looks like this will be standard fare at festivals.

Hm, I only see a vendor with week-sale of LS3 currencies, but no LS4 ones, am I'm blind, or is he buggy?

@Randulf.7614 said:For context, I gained 200 from treasure hunter event.

Haven;t found anything new to buy yet mind you...

The only things added this year were Divine Sovereign weapons (purchased from Crown Pavilion for Favors and gold; requires unlocking normal Sovereign weapons first) and Zephyrite weapons from the daily achievement. There's also the new backpiece from the annual achievement meta.

Otherwise no new non-gemstore rewards.

@Dayra.7405 said:

Hm, I only see a vendor with week-sale of LS3 currencies, but no LS4 ones, am I'm blind, or is he buggy?

You're not blind. Randulf and Turkeyspit are incorrect. The weekly vendor (you can find him in both maps) offers LWS3 materials, not S4 materials. So no progression on the Skyscale in Four Winds.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:For context, I gained 200 from treasure hunter event.

Haven;t found anything new to buy yet mind you...

The only things added this year were Divine Sovereign weapons (purchased from Crown Pavilion for Favors and gold; requires unlocking normal Sovereign weapons first) and Zephyrite weapons from the daily achievement. There's also the new backpiece from the annual achievement meta.

Otherwise no new non-gemstore rewards.

You're not blind. Randulf and Turkeyspit are incorrect. The weekly vendor (you can find him in both maps) offers LWS3 materials, not S4 materials. So no progression on the Skyscale in Four Winds.

Hmm...indeed, my bad. I clearly skim read the contents

The divine sovereign weapons aren't new, but they did extend the list to all skins rather than about 5-6 previously

I didn't see home instance nodes for sale - where do you buy them?

As for being able to collect 1200, I played for 2,5 hours yesterday, didn't try much to collect anything, was mostly lost, and spent most of the time getting the sky crystals - managed to accumulate over 800 tokens just by randomly trying out events that were happening at the time.

@"zoejo.2317" said:I didn't see home instance nodes for sale - where do you buy them?

As for being able to collect 1200, I played for 2,5 hours yesterday, didn't try much to collect anything, was mostly lost, and spent most of the time getting the sky crystals - managed to accumulate over 800 tokens just by randomly trying out events that were happening at the time.

Here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Festival_Rewards_Vendor_(Festival_Rewards)#vendor23 (You have to copy/paste the link.) Look under 'Splendid Festival Rewards'.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"zoejo.2317" said:I didn't see home instance nodes for sale - where do you buy them?

Here you go:
(You have to copy/paste the link.) Look under 'Splendid Festival Rewards'.

Thanks. I was wondering about that as well. Because he mentioned 1200 tokens in the opening post - and I quickly looked through the vendors ingame for stuff that costs 1200. Turns out he meant 3 for 1200 - but each one 400. Didn't think they would be that cheaply. But then again it is stuff that was - afaik - already "free" in previous events. (I even have 2 of the 3 already since I played from release til end 2013 until I took a long break.) Definitely getting that Gift of Sprockets first which I'm missing - before getting other stuff.