How do you make legendary runes/sigils?

Thanks to everyone for explaining the process at least. Given the gold (and time) costs involved, I'm just going to skip on these. I've already got legendary armor on my main and it's much cheaper to buy exotic runes or sigils if/when I need to swap. I'll throw my gold at inventory/bank slots to hold multiple sets instead, and come out ahead.

So ~9000 gold for one set of Runes to free up 3-4 inventory slots for those with Legendary Armor using a lot of different builds, and for no benefit at all for those without Legendary Armor, because then you swap Ascended sets with their own Rune sets in them anyway.

Uhm..

And I thought Trinkets were a ridiculous thing to make.

@Brother.1504 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:30 Mystic Clover per Rune/Sigil is just insane. Imagine how many Coins you will have to waste in the Mystic Forge... no, thanks.

Agree that the system is overly convoluted. As to clovers just do wvw and spvp. People that frequent those modes have 1000s of clovers.

Well, so many people have said they would rather just buy things rather than do WvW and PvP so, Anet is giving them great chance to put their money where their words are.

They can buy more coins and convert them to clovers!

@Brother.1504 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:30 Mystic Clover per Rune/Sigil is just insane. Imagine how many Coins you will have to waste in the Mystic Forge... no, thanks.

Agree that the system is overly convoluted. As to clovers just do wvw and spvp. People that frequent those modes have 1000s of clovers.

I think you overestimate how many clovers people have. A legendary weapon/accessory/backpiece requires 77 for the Gift of Fortune. Legendary armor requires 15 per piece or 90 for a full set.

You get 7 clovers per non-repeatable reward track and 2 per repeatable one, if they aren't a holiday or dungeon track. At 2 per repeatable that's 39 reward track completions for 77 clovers (Enough for one Mystic Tribute for a non-armor piece legendary). Then it's 45 reward track completions for 90 clovers for a full set of legendary armor.

Each reward track requires 20,000 points to complete.

At 700 per win, it takes ~29 winning matches to complete a reward track.At 350 per loss, it takes 57 losing matches to complete a reward track.Most people will fall under the 50/50 average so, ~43 or so matches total to complete a reward track.

Let's average 10 minutes per match:100% win rate ~ 4.8 hours per reward track completion100% lose rate ~ 9.5 hours per reward track completion50% win/lose rate ~ 7.1 hours per reward track completion

Then the total completions needed for Armor / Other Legendary:Armor:100% win rate ~ 216 hours for enough clovers100% lose rate ~ 428 hours for enough clovers50% win/lose rate ~ 320 hours for enough clovers

Other:100% win rate ~ 187 hours for enough clovers100% lose rate ~ 371 hours for enough clovers50% win/lose rate ~ 305 hours for enough clovers

Now for runes/sigils:Runes: 20 per so a total of 120 for a single set. Based on the ratio's above, 48/95/71 hours per each rune.Sigils: 30 per but this depends on how many weapons you want to make sigils for. Based on the ratios above, 72/143/107 hours per each sigil.

Yes, I am aware you can count first time reward tracks, which give seven per completion. PvP potions, which help speed this along and you can get a few daily, or boosters. In general, I doubt someone has enough boosters to push through that many reward tracks and once again this is based on the average time it would take.

This is only for the Mystic Clovers...there are still plenty of other things to collect.

Also, someone feel free to correct me on the numbers. I think I did it right but could have easily made a mistake somewhere.

I think the legendary rune costs should be reduced by a factor of 6. Yes, they should be expensive, but a full set should be comparable to another legendary item. A single legendary rune seems particularly useless. I don't know how to fix sigils.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Well, so many people have said they would rather just buy things rather than do WvW and PvP so, Anet is giving them great chance to put their money where their words are.

If you try close track only to get 2 Mystic Clovers - this is very very bad way.If you play each day, and additional get 2 Mystic Clovers from track, and don't count them, after some time you will found a lot of MC.