Achievements tied to Events

Angelweave.1856

@"Angelweave.1856" said:Yes I am talking about the new map, the meta events are on a displayed timer, however what is the timer for races, cooking, bar, cows, etc....

Most dynamic events have a regular interval between two occurrences and some share cooldown so you will never see them happening at the same time. This "timer" is not as obvious as for metas but sooner or later players discover them and put them on wiki. Of course you can sit on the map for a few hours and check for yourself when they are starting, learn their timing. :#

No please, no more "do this at :15 every two hours" type of events. Events happen, and happen frequently, and there's always something around to do. I don't want to have to go on the wiki to check when an event is going to happen next. They pick up naturally and frequently enough that you are sure to catch them if you just play around in the general area.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If you are referring to the ones on the new map, they all are. In fact, most events in the game are on a timer unless there’s a prerequisite such as completing another event or interacting with an NPC to start it.Yes, most are on a timer, but that timer is usually hidden, and often tied to other things (like preevents, or meta status). Moreover, such timers are not the same for each map instance. So, basically, when you wait for an event, you often have no way to know when it will happen next.That's probably what OP was referring to.

@Angelweave.1856 said:Yes I am talking about the new map, the meta events are on a displayed timer, however what is the timer for races, cooking, bar, cows, etc....

Most events are on a 10 minute timer. I think the races alternate every 15 min. I'm not sure about the Kasmeer one as I never paid attention to its frequency.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If you are referring to the ones on the new map, they all are. In fact, most events in the game are on a timer unless there’s a prerequisite such as completing another event or interacting with an NPC to start it.Yes, most are on a timer, but that timer is usually hidden, and often tied to other things (like preevents, or meta status). Moreover, such timers are not the same for each map instance. So, basically, when you wait for an event, you often have no way to know when it will happen next.
That's
probably what OP was referring to.

That's why the wiki can be updated to include things such as this. It's one of the reasons why I posted a guide about the events at the farm on the new map so it could eventually be added to the wiki.

Those smaller events in Grothmar happen so often that if one you need isn't up you can go do just one other activity and circle back and probably find it going. For example I worked on target shooting and cub hide and seek at the same time. If targets weren't up I'd do one or two cub finds, maybe three, and then when back at the start point I could see the shooting range event spawn. I think the most I ever waited for any specific lesser event I wanted was under ten minutes, and I used the time for inventory management, map chat, and gathering nearby nodes. Otherwise I watched Map chat and if something I felt like working up was mentioned, I headed over to it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Angelweave.1856 said:Yes I am talking about the new map, the meta events are on a displayed timer, however what is the timer for races, cooking, bar, cows, etc....

Most events are on a 10 minute timer. I think the races alternate every 15 min. I'm not sure about the Kasmeer one as I never paid attention to its frequency.In this new map, maybe. In the core Tyria there are events tied to achievements however that are on way longer (and less consistent) timers. Orr temple events are probably the most egregious example, but they are by no means the only ones.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If you are referring to the ones on the new map, they all are. In fact, most events in the game are on a timer unless there’s a prerequisite such as completing another event or interacting with an NPC to start it.Yes, most are on a timer, but that timer is usually hidden, and often tied to other things (like preevents, or meta status). Moreover, such timers are not the same for each map instance. So, basically, when you wait for an event, you often have no way to know when it will happen next.
That's

That's why the wiki can be updated to include things such as this. It's one of the reasons why I posted a guide about the events at the farm on the new map so it could eventually be added to the wiki.Wiki can't be updated to include things like that. At best, it may tell you the
maximum
time you need to wait. It won't tell you though at which point of the event chain you are now, and how many minutes are actually left till the event you want shows up.Anyone that has ever tried to kill the High Wizard in the Gates of Arah defence event will tell you how useful was wiki for this.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Most events are on a 10 minute timer. I think the races alternate every 15 min. I'm not sure about the Kasmeer one as I never paid attention to its frequency.In this new map, maybe. In the core Tyria there are events tied to achievements however that are on way longer (and less consistent) timers. Orr temple events are probably the most egregious example, but they are by no means the only ones.

That's nice but I was specifically referring to the new map which was also what the OP was speaking about. There's really no need to bring up the others as the discussion wasn't about them. Nor are they likely to have achievements tied specifically to them.

That's

That's why the wiki can be updated to include things such as this. It's one of the reasons why I posted a guide about the events at the farm on the new map so it could eventually be added to the wiki.Wiki can't be updated to include things like that. At best, it may tell you the
maximum
time you need to wait. It won't tell you though at which point of the event chain you are now, and how many minutes are actually left till the event you want shows up.Anyone that has ever tried to kill the High Wizard in the Gates of Arah defence event will tell you how useful was wiki for this.

If you read back on my posts, I'm not referring to countdown timers and that's fairly obvious with the last half of the post that was quoted. Again, this is about the new map and not Orr.