Potential Future Balance Changes - WvW

Cal Cohen.2358

@Mikali.9651 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:WARRIOR is not ok, 2 invuln stances on a class that on full zerker has insane survival and hard to burst or land hit due to low abilities that provide stability evades (gs3 cd is too low) and can perma stun a person ( bull charge, shield 4 and elite ) also having a heall tick that does not need healling power to do those ticks...

For warrior to have that survival they should be on different armour stats and hard CC needs an ICD of at least 1s after at the end of the said hard CC, ether by being stunbreak or by simply waiting for the effect to end .

Then it would be on pair with other classes when using zerk gear.

Wait, a Warrior actually managed to stun you with Shield Bash and Bull's Charge? What? In a chain? And does it regularly? I find that hard to believe.

Well if myself on my warrior can wait for the player to waste his dodges then i check for stability and stun them, if he stun breaks i stun him again and if he does it again i still have the elite if he did not die from my gs burst or axe burst until then.

Better than myself please check the very known warrior player Vaans videos on youtube and you can see a few stuns but mostly how insane the burst and survival is on a class that is using full glasscannon gear.

@Mikali.9651 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Warriors shouldnt be able to use more than one stance simoultanously.

Back like in good old Guild Wars days? As the main warrior player, I agree! That was the best part of playing a warrior.It would be so interesting to see stances on much lower cooldown and shorter duration:
  • Frenzy, 5-sec duration, 10-sec cooldown, not giving might anymore, your attacks are unblockable for the first 3 seconds and you can't be blinded, take 33% more damage (instead of 50% or double like it was, just because I like this part of a risk Frenzy had)
  • give us a new Sprint-like skill - 8-sec duration, 15-sec cooldown - remove impairing conditions and gain swiftness for the duration. Gain immunity against impairing conditions for 4 seconds. Similar to Featherfoot Grace but still a lot different and could be used as a vanilla warrior. You could even make it Elite stance skill - I would gladly use it instead of the Signet of Rage.

I mean, not needed to change skills in such a way, but I would actually like to see stances nerfed in duration and even power, but gaining much shorter cooldown so a warrior can again become the profession which needs to carefully stance dance.

Oh yeah, and remove Endure Pain - even I as the main warrior do not enjoy having it, I would rather gain something similar to Garen's Courage skill (LoL) - for X duration you receive 33% less damage (it could be a protection boon so it can be stripped), and on initial cast you gain X amount of barrier for X seconds. And if not going that way and still want to keep Endure Pain - just remove lesser Endure Pain - I do not like lazy passive effects.

Another damage buff is exactly what warr needs, along with unblockable attacks, immunity to blindness, more mobility, immunity to movement impairing conditions, yes. Meanwhile dogged march, peak performance already exist. I merely stated warr shouldnt be able to use stances at the same time. Not buff it to godmode

@SloRules.3560 said:Man, i just hope cmc doesn't take this thread too seriously. Some people really don't have any idea about this game, at all.

If anything has to be removed first to tone down the whole thing, it has to be the gameplay deniers (corrupts, rips, cc), why? Because if you can't move, everyone is just going to leave the game... (or you know pirateship, that everyone claims to hate, but are somehow sticking up for)

Overload of boons (HoT) was much better than overload of corrupts/rips (PoF, early PoF tbh).

Also taking more necros to resolve this is going to make you vulnerable in sustain and that is not going to happen.If anything, if sustain becomes obscenely too powerful, which it really won't (you still have spellbreaker that counters itself kinda) it can only develop into single target meta on the high end and for average EBG pugs, it will not make a difference, why? Because they take a year to change gameplay.

I couldn't have said it better. SloRules gets it and people should look closely at what he is trying to point out to you.

That and the time-old argument that while I like small scale and I don't mind that there are people who play this game solo or prefer to duel or whatever, the game should never be balanced around that. This is an MMO, it is meant to be a multiplayer game where that comes first. Alot of the issues people bring up from a solo perspective usually disappears as soon as you hit a party of five. In a scale between 1 and 100, 5 is still only 5% and small. Every other conception of scale is subjective and then quickly becomes egoistic if you expect balance to heed to.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:WARRIOR is not ok, 2 invuln stances on a class that on full zerker has insane survival and hard to burst or land hit due to low abilities that provide stability evades (gs3 cd is too low) and can perma stun a person ( bull charge, shield 4 and elite ) also having a heall tick that does not need healling power to do those ticks...

For warrior to have that survival they should be on different armour stats and hard CC needs an ICD of at least 1s after at the end of the said hard CC, ether by being stunbreak or by simply waiting for the effect to end .

Wait, a Warrior actually managed to stun you with Shield Bash and Bull's Charge? What? In a chain? And does it regularly? I find that hard to believe.

Yeah these are the players screaming about warriors sustain and dps lol poster above says warrior out dps herald or rev.. ok sure it does. The complain about 2 invulnerability stances but guards/fb are ok? Mirages with invulnerability, blocks, teleports etc etc are fine. I could go on but the majority of the community these days seem like new players calling any class they have trouble with OP, its obvious in their posts. That be my guess how he's getting continually stunned by shield bash and rampage, gotta be new lolOn top the gw2 forum community are sheep no one was talking about warrior except the tactics trait line changes cuz it was all thief and holo but a post or two from a couple clueless players stating warriors OP than anytime some one dies to one oh oh get on the forums to join the warrior OP band waggon and now its gonna be every third post u see.Welcome to gw2 forums :)

Who said anything about firebrand and mesmers being ok? everything you said is true, those invulns and teleports and boon spam should all be nerfed to the ground aswell.

Doesnt mean that the 2 invul stances from warrior are ok and that the class on fullzerker can facetank all other classes and have that survival plus the capacity to have 3 stuns available at the same time.

Nerf FB and Mirages to the ground and accept that those things on warrior need tuning down also.

@miguelsil.6324 said:

Well if myself on my warrior can wait for the player to waste his dodges then i check for stability and stun them, if he stun breaks i stun him again and if he does it again i still have the elite if he did not die from my gs burst or axe burst until then.

Better than myself please check the very known warrior player Vaans videos on youtube and you can see a few stuns but mostly how insane the burst and survival is on a class that is using full glasscannon gear.

Yeah and that's how it should be so.. u wait out dodges etc to stun at the opertune time. so are u saying they shouldn't still be effective or just stating how u make them effective? Lol

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Another damage buff is exactly what warr needs, along with unblockable attacks, immunity to blindness, more mobility, immunity to movement impairing conditions, yes. Meanwhile dogged march, peak performance already exist. I merely stated warr shouldnt be able to use stances at the same time. Not buff it to godmode

Where do you see the damage buff? If anything I've removed damage from Frenzy (10 stacks of Might boon), lowered the duration (from 8 to 5), the only part it got is 3 seconds of attacks being unlockable and immunity to blindness which is not so strong anyway as most professions just use dodges and evades - and also, you are receiving more damage while in the stance so it would actually be very risky to use it.

@Mikali.9651 said:

Where do you see the damage buff? If anything I've removed damage from Frenzy (10 stacks of Might boon), lowered the duration (from 8 to 5), the only part it got is 3 seconds of attacks being unlockable and immunity to blindness which is not so strong anyway as most professions just use dodges and evades - and also, you are receiving more damage while in the stance so it would actually be very risky to use it.

Might can be removed.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Might can be removed.

Again, where do you the damage buff part of my changes? I do not think you read carefully everything I wrote in my post, and I actually think that you just want Warrior to be nerfed to the ground - not what initially I thought about stance dancing mechanic it had in a previous game.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yeah and that's how it should be so.. u wait out dodges etc to stun at the opertune time. so are u saying they shouldn't still be effective or just stating how u make them effective? Lol

Im saying that 3 stuns available are too much for such a burst class with too much survival on glass gear, if that amount of damage is available which i agree they should have access to then the survival needs to be toned down, if they want that much heal from AH they should have to spec for healling power just like guardian f2 will heall for litle every tick until you put healling power on it.

And hard CC needs a internal cd because 3 hard CCs can shut a person down completely and that is not ok nor fun for anyone but the warrior.

And before you come say that i do not want any nerfs to other classes my own included please nerf FB to the ground and mirages too aswell as thiefs stealth and one shots, NONE of this is ok and ruins the game mode.

@miguelsil.6324 said:

Yeah these are the players screaming about warriors sustain and dps lol poster above says warrior out dps herald or rev.. ok sure it does. The complain about 2 invulnerability stances but guards/fb are ok? Mirages with invulnerability, blocks, teleports etc etc are fine. I could go on but the majority of the community these days seem like new players calling any class they have trouble with OP, its obvious in their posts. That be my guess how he's getting continually stunned by shield bash and rampage, gotta be new lolOn top the gw2 forum community are sheep no one was talking about warrior except the tactics trait line changes cuz it was all thief and holo but a post or two from a couple clueless players stating warriors OP than anytime some one dies to one oh oh get on the forums to join the warrior OP band waggon and now its gonna be every third post u see.Welcome to gw2 forums :)

Who said anything about firebrand and mesmers being ok? everything you said is true, those invulns and teleports and boon spam should all be nerfed to the ground aswell.

Doesnt mean that the 2 invul stances from warrior are ok and that the class on fullzerker can facetank all other classes and have that survival plus the capacity to have 3 stuns available at the same time.

Nerf FB and Mirages to the ground and accept that those things on warrior need tuning down also.

Well than instead of singling out warrior maybe mention all the classes that do. Like guard that has 2 invulnerability skills one on a heal and another as a elite,periodic aegis that blocks,multiple blocks skill sand even a tele etc etc or classes that have blocks,teleports invulnerability skills ontop lol list goes on but the community pin points warrior who is the most staid forward and basic class who has just blocks and invulnerability but non of the other magic tricks other classes have for sustain? Seriously it's a warrior class it should be tough and hit with decent dps especially being so strait forward. Wareior would be glassier than half the classes and hit like garbage if the devs listened to the bias garbage in most these post. I'm all for depowercreeping the classes but they ALL gotta be done at once not just a select few at a time or uve got these nerfed classes among ones still powercrept, not rocket science.

@Mikali.9651 said:

Might can be removed.

Again, where do you the damage buff part of my changes? I do not think you read carefully everything I wrote in my post, and I actually think that you just want Warrior to be nerfed to the ground - not what initially I thought about stance dancing mechanic it had in a previous game.

Yes, "please make warr use one stance at a time" is the equivalent to "nerf warr to the ground". Absolutely.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Well than instead of singling out warrior maybe mention all the classes that do. Like guard that has 2 invulnerability skills one on a heal and another as a elite,periodic aegis that blocks,multiple blocks skill sand even a tele etc etc or classes that have blocks,teleports invulnerability skills ontop lol list goes on but the community pin points warrior who is the most staid forward and basic class who has just blocks and invulnerability but non of the other magic tricks other classes have for sustain? Seriously it's a warrior class it should be tough and hit with decent dps especially being so strait forward. Wareior would be glassier than half the classes and hit like garbage if the devs listened to the bias garbage in most these post. I'm all for depowercreeping the classes but they ALL gotta be done at once not just a select few at a time or uve got these nerfed classes among ones still powercrept, not rocket science.

Play with a full zerk guard (roam or blob), and with a full zerk warr. Post your vids and results, please.

Im not going to keep trying to reason with you because it seems like all you play is warrior and god forbid you need to use other gear to have more healing or survival and 2 imune to damage that allow you to still DO DAMAGE and warrior do not hit with feathers.

And to make sure you dont get made fun of in the future please notice that guardians have ONE 3s invul on 90s cd that does not allow dodge roll because it will not refresh the F abilities nor dealling damage, and the heal you talk about is a 2s block on 30s cd that heals for only 5k and funny enough warriors signet can bypass easily since it ignores blocks/as necros symbols, and several others abilities from other classes ingame that are unblocable.

As a partying gift I will say that you may take the ONE passive block from one trait every 30s and the other 1block from f3 if not used if you remove the 2 stances (the cds are lower compared to blocks on warrior ) for invul that cannot be bypassed by no signet and last for 10s together of the fluff damage that warriors can do that ofc is no threat to anyone.

I offered my view and will not reply to your comments more, i accept nerfs on my class do you?

Play with a full zerk guard (roam or blob), and with a full zerk warr. Post your vids and results, please.

Yeah, my guard if on full zerk has14hp so its one shot or 2 shots away from downed by most classes if i played it like that. would not survive a zerg at all since blocks mean nothing with to much corrupts and unblocables unlike invul stances and a heall that heals for damage taken ( lol if it was not enough already ) or the resistance from signet on warr also to ignore all condis.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Pointless arguement as ur totally disregarding each classes strengths and weaknesses. Are u saying a zerk warrior should have a harder time surviving a blob than a zerk guard that has a lower base hp due to having other means of survival other than the strait forward means that warrior has? Compare fb contribution to a blob compared to warriors. I wouldnt expect a warrior to out boon a fb just like I wouldnt expect a zerk guard to out sustain a zerk warrior tho guards are bad examples cuz their sustain is higher when played right compared to warrior. Guards also have higher burst potential from nowhere with precasting before the tele to burst their opponent down, at least warrior gotta run to the target. Actually guard technically has 2 tele no?. No guard, weaver, chrono, slbeast, holo has any business complaining about warriors sustainability and the other specs like thief etc have other means given to them to help sustain.make a list for each class of all their passive sustain traits and sustainability skills and see where warrior falls. Make a list of each classes bursts when built for dps and see where warrior falls.Ull see after one of the down falls to being such a strait forward and basic classes. Yeah warrior has effective tools but are far fewer when out playing potential is considered compared to most of the existing classes as the game stands today.

@miguelsil.6324 said:

Yeah, my guard if on full zerk has14hp so its one shot or 2 shots away from downed by most classes if i played it like that. would not survive a zerg at all since blocks mean nothing with to much corrupts and unblocables unlike invul stances and a heall that heals for damage taken ( lol if it was not enough already ) or the resistance from signet on warr also to ignore all condis.

Guard has a invulnerability that heals for damage taken to aswell as a invulnerability elite that recharges ur virtues that Grant's u another instant block, I guess only warriors heal matters in this scenario tho lol

@miguelsil.6324 said:

Im not going to keep trying to reason with you because it seems like all you play is warrior and god forbid you need to use other gear to have more healing or survival and 2 imune to damage that allow you to still DO DAMAGE and warrior do not hit with feathers.

And to make sure you dont get made fun of in the future please notice that guardians have ONE 3s invul on 90s cd that does not allow dodge roll because it will not refresh the F abilities nor dealling damage, and the heal you talk about is a 2s block on 30s cd that heals for only 5k and funny enough warriors signet can bypass easily since it ignores blocks/as necros symbols, and several others abilities from other classes ingame that are unblocable.

As a partying gift I will say that you may take the ONE passive block from one trait every 30s and the other 1block from f3 if not used if you remove the 2 stances (the cds are lower compared to blocks on warrior ) for invul that cannot be bypassed by no signet and last for 10s together of the fluff damage that warriors can do that ofc is no threat to anyone.

I offered my view and will not reply to your comments more, i accept nerfs on my class do you?

I actually main thief lol but I've put some hrs into alot of other classes as I've got 80's of all :) it's just insane how biased and onesided most post are. For example a guard player complaining about a warriors sustain is just lolz just like is a holo as its healing is broken but they'll still say thier class is fine but warriors sustain is OP lol. players complaining and calling a classes strenth as op by comparing it to their classes who have that same aspect as a weakness but has other strengths and wondering why the classes strength is stronger than their classes weakness. Ex a warrior complaining about a thief's bursts or a thief compairing their passive sustain to warriors when thief should be a burst class and a warrior a tough brawler. And for the record I think all invulnerability skills should be removed from the game and replaced with a 75% damage reduction for a duration or something else defensive. Out right invulnerability skills have zero place in any pvp mode, warriors kit included.

@miguelsil.6324 said:

Guards have 11k base health..

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

If you single nerf all classes at the same timeThe strongest mostlikely stays the strongest

Its not rocket science

Let's look at the warrior build I run in pvp and wvw as it is comfortable for me in both.Strenth/discipline and splb.I dont use defense line and dont use utility skill endure pain as especially in conquest 2 secs invulnerability might as well be 1 sec or less as their are way more useful utility skills plus I hate invulnerability skills.So no invulnerability skills on my build.I have axe/shield and greatsword so I have a shield block and full counter is basically a block that causes other effects depending on how trained. Than with the synergy of forcefully great sword, might makes right, strength rune and healing signet I get a decent at times continual heal that definitely helps mid fight but in no way keeps up to dps being taken these daysSo as far as strait up damage mitigation i have one block on shield, gradual heal over time, protection for 3 sec after a successful full counter and a second block on full counter. Wow that is insane eh? Lol and that is 100% my build. Yes I use cc on shield bash and bulls charge to set up bursts and use gs 3 and 5 for mobility during fights to help sustain but doesnt really seem broken to me.We could add evade frames to gs2 actually to put it inline with other flurry type skills haha

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

To balance the fact they have high sustainability built into their kits. If their kit stayed as it is but had warriors hp and toughness gw2 would be nothing more than holo vs guards lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

To balance the fact they have high sustainability built into their kits. If their kit stayed as it is but had warriors hp and toughness gw2 would be nothing more than holo vs guards lol

I mean yeah they have and i ain't arguing its bad, i mostly never do

Okay i lied, let me rephrase;Untill im oneshotted with killshot/arcing slice or malicious backstage with half valk/met Gear while i have eagis up. Or pre nerves on maul or DJ

Point; the defense are still penetrable

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

If you single nerf all classes at the same timeThe strongest mostlikely stays the strongest

Its not rocket science

Ah so taking care of certain aspects of outlying builds during the big nerf sweep isn't considered? Cuz I'm sure a big giant sweep means nerfing all classes using the exact same formula lol. I'm pretty sure there's more to it than a blanket 25% strait damage reduction across all classes lolNot rocket science

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

I mean yeah they have and i ain't arguing its bad, i mostly never do

Okay i lied, let me rephrase;Untill im oneshotted with killshot/arcing slice or malicious backstage with half valk/met Gear while i have eagis up. Or pre nerves on maul or DJ

Point; the defense are still penetrable

Yeah and we've all been one shot buy a high burst guard using precast skills before ji to us from no where or been cc'd with blade trap and symbol underfoot while getting spin to win insta deleted even on non zerk builds so ur point is? I've used guard and dh quite a bit in the past and thier burst is no joke even against tanky specs