i wish they had made the boneskinner a world champion

coso.9173

I mean, the design is so awesome! the idea behind it too, a scary creature that hunts you down and devours you or makes you disappear, the scared npc's, everything about it is so cool!but the fight itself is a bit of a letdown, it's a simply hp piñata that sometimes teleports to a nearby victim.Now I heard they'll make another dragon thing a world boss for episode 2, but we've alrady fought so many dragon, and dragon things before. the boneskinner instead, is something much more unique and neverseen in game.Would you like if it the boneskinner was made a world boss with harder and more complex mechanics other than just zerging it down?

@coso.9173 said:I mean, the design is so awesome! the idea behind it too, a scary creature that hunts you down and devours you or makes you disappear, the scared npc's, everything about it is so cool!but the fight itself is a bit of a letdown, it's a simply hp piñata that sometimes teleports to a nearby victim.Now I heard they'll make another dragon thing a world boss for episode 2, but we've alrady fought so many dragon, and dragon things before. the boneskinner instead, is something much more unique and neverseen in game.Would you like if it the boneskinner was made a world boss with harder and more complex mechanics other than just zerging it down?

Everyone keeps saying its easy but ive watched it fail over and over today....

Im not complaining though, its kinda cool that it -is- failing.

@Dante.1763 said:

@coso.9173 said:I mean, the design is so awesome! the idea behind it too, a scary creature that hunts you down and devours you or makes you disappear, the scared npc's, everything about it is so cool!but the fight itself is a bit of a letdown, it's a simply hp piñata that sometimes teleports to a nearby victim.Now I heard they'll make another dragon thing a world boss for episode 2, but we've alrady fought so many dragon, and dragon things before. the boneskinner instead, is something much more unique and neverseen in game.Would you like if it the boneskinner was made a world boss with harder and more complex mechanics other than just zerging it down?

They buffed it with changed scaling, so it is harder. Before then, it didn’t even seem to teleport or live long enough to do so

Op, it will be a strike mission boss with apparently very important mechanics to follow.

I’m kinda ok with the fight now, but it is disappointing not to have it stalk us throughout the whole episode as well.

Considering all the hype around it I was pretty disappointed that it ended up being just some random event champion that really isn't that hard to kill or very special.

The way it was shown off in the trailer suggested it might have been something cool and important to the story or something.Shame.. it's a cool creature which could have had some cool lore around it..Hopefully it'll play more a role in the next episode or something.. if not oh well.

@Dante.1763 said:

It does fail if the group doesn't bring and CC which more often than not rarely happens. I did see it fail twice, but other times, it's easily beaten.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:It does fail if the group doesn't bring and CC which more often than not rarely happens. I did see it fail twice, but other times, it's easily beaten.Because now more people have the Resilience mastery trained and are able to CC it a lot more easily - couple days ago when they adjusted it, it was failing 9 out of 10 times.

@"coso.9173" said:Now I heard they'll make another dragon thing a world boss for episode 2, but we've alrady fought so many dragon, and dragon things before. the boneskinner instead, is something much more unique and neverseen in game.That's the "Drakkar" iirc, reminiscent of GW1 - I kinda agree with you, too much calling back to GW1... I'd prefer to go to completely new places, races, creatures, lore.BTW I think the map is expanding to the west where there's water and ice under which the boss is/was supposed to be.

@Jimbru.6014 said:Imagine if they had given us a scene where Almorra went down fighting, killing a bunch of Icebrood and Svanir before being killed by the Boneskinner, instead of her death being off screen and alone.In the last Guild Chat the lead writer mentioned they'll be going back to Almorra's death and revealing more about what and how it happened so maybe we'll get some type of cutscene.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm loving the whole atmosphere of this story and the whole thing with the Boneskinner is the best part of it. He should have been more than just a rando champion. A world boss or even a strike mission to chase him down and finish him off would have been fantastic.

@Golvellius.7856 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm loving the whole atmosphere of this story and the whole thing with the Boneskinner is the best part of it. He should have been more than just a rando champion. A world boss or even a strike mission to chase him down and finish him off would have been fantastic.

he'll appear in a strike mission, but i still would have preferred if he was a world boss, so the boss rotation would include it too.

@flog.3485 said:Personally I wouldn’t like it to be a world boss. The model of the boneskinner feels too small to be one. If they are ever going to add a new world boss, it would be better to have another Tequatl-like model and fight. I hope Drakkar will be like that.

Well my post includes it being a more complex fight than now indeed