So about that 12 minute Meta

@Linken.6345 said:

@wrathmagik.3518 said:They really thought it was a good idea to have ONE stage of a meta last 12 entire minutes and your only reward is one chest? The npc's don't even drop loot.

It's so long and un rewarding most people just AFK the entire time until it's over. They really need to change the reward for it or make the npc's drop something.

I would be okay if the mobs just gave experience. They don't give experience to work on masteries either.

They give experience to me just no loot at all.

That's awesome you get exp, not sure why no yellow numbers are popping up for me.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Heh people have asking for LS1 to be brought back into the game, this can be considered a spiritual successor to those boring invasion events from LS1

any LS1 stuff back , underwater content, the renown hearts back(thanks the new map dont have it), housing system, its a long list of garbage ideas that are hyped only on the forums, but when implemented for real are most a annoyance then a game play experience improving..

@"Despond.2174" said:

Those saying it will be dead in 2 weeks don't realize this map is a great source for trading for LW4 currency. I think it will still be popular until the next map. I will be doing it every day, that's for sure.

Sorry but I very much disagree. Out of interest to monitor popularity of the new map I've been watching the "map location" of players in my friend list 50-60+ and my most active guild (100-110+) daily active members: And apart from few days at launch, I'd estimate less than 5% of all these players are now active in Bjora Marches: Given most of my friends and guildees are Vet players, they have no need for Lw4 currencies. Of course those currencies are useful for those that do not have the Skyscale but there are better methods to make gold than to endlessly and laboriously farm the shards. It's an extremely disappointing Meta, just far too easy, boring, no challenge, very poor chance of any risk of failure, high on dullness stakes, in fact really must be said one of the most tedious, uninteresting Meta's in the game. Hence why 95% of my friend-list and guild are now: HoT Meta Train, PoF Bounties, Raids, WvW, Fractals, there are even more players doing World-Bosses, Silverwaste Farm, LW3/LW4 maps than Bjora Marches. Sadly this speaks volumes.

I changed my mind, I love this meta.

It's the perfect time to take an AFK break from the computer for 10 minutes to go to the bathroom, rest your eyes, make some coffee, etc. Then just come back at the last minute and tag a mob or two to get credit (or do that at the beginning, then leave).

It's not like anything changes at all if you actually put in more work.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Are we talking about the defense of the keep meta?

I've only done it once and the first stage was the most boring thing ever. It never felt urgent, it never felt dangerous. I'm not even sure the enemy did anything. I mean yeah some bosses was running around but they literally did not accomplish a thing even when we failed to kill them before they arrived at the shrine and did... something to no effect. What is supposed to happen?

The second stage was more interesting, but still just hammering yet another boss.

(wait I just remembered there was that stage between too which was... hammering yet another stationary object)

If they reach the force shields, they drop bombs. People need to destroy the bombs or they damage what you're trying to protect. You may not have been aware of it, but someone was destroying those bombs. I'm one of the guys that makes sure no bomb goes off.

@"Vayne.8563" said:If they reach the force shields, they drop bombs. People need to destroy the bombs or they damage what you're trying to protect. You may not have been aware of it, but someone was destroying those bombs. I'm one of the guys that makes sure no bomb goes off.

Nope. The bomb only does damage to players when in the radius. So, nothing really to care about. The shrine stays unaffected to the explosion. It's just a capture point you can lose if there are enemies within and players don't care, are too few or w/e. People run like lemmings after the bomber which is hilarious but I guess once again a symptom of "swarm intelligence".It'll take 1-2 months or longer till players check this and adapt. Like so often in certain events in the past.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:If you're there from start to end you get decent loot.

Like Torzini mentioned the good part is that you can start repairing one arrow cart at the beginning of the meta, go afk and do important things within ten minutes, come back and hit 1 mob, kill the construct, loot the chests in the northwest and ignore the big champs because their loot is not worth the time.If you only want the essence chests log in at xx:00 so Aesgir's legacy is open and get all chests on the map in one journey without even hitting one enemy.

@Greg.7086 said:Hence why 95% of my friend-list and guild are now: HoT Meta Train, PoF Bounties, Raids, WvW, Fractals, there are even more players doing World-Bosses, Silverwaste Farm, LW3/LW4 maps than Bjora Marches. Sadly this speaks volumes.And this is great. I don't see any reason to kill HoT meta or other content by adding something massive. We get chill event by story line - and this is very very OK.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@"Vayne.8563" said:If they reach the force shields, they drop bombs. People need to destroy the bombs or they damage what you're trying to protect. You may not have been aware of it, but someone was destroying those bombs. I'm one of the guys that makes sure no bomb goes off.

Nope. The bomb only does damage to players when in the radius. So, nothing really to care about. The shrine stays unaffected to the explosion. It's just a capture point you can lose if there are enemies within and players don't care, are too few or w/e. People run like lemmings after the bomber which is hilarious but I guess once again a symptom of "swarm intelligence".It'll take 1-2 months or longer till players check this and adapt. Like so often in certain events in the past.

I’ve been trying to figure out the point of the Bombers. They run up, drop the bomb then run off. The bomb explodes and nothing happens to the shrine, only damage to players if they are close enough. So it seems the bombers and bombs can be ignored? Just kill other mobs because the bombers with the boss emblem over their heads are completely irrelevant?

This has got to be the oddest mechanic. Why put boss mobs in that aren’t bosses and that have no effect on the event.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

I’ve been trying to figure out the point of the Bombers. They run up, drop the bomb then run off. The bomb explodes and nothing happens to the shrine, only damage to players if they are close enough. So it seems the bombers and bombs can be ignored? Just kill other mobs because the bombers with the boss emblem over their heads are completely irrelevant?

This has got to be the oddest mechanic. Why put boss mobs in that aren’t bosses and that have no effect on the event.

Yep, I was just told they'd damage the shrine, and believed it. I never let one explode to check it out. Apparently I'm wrong on this one and it's a weird design decision. So is losing the shrine after a successful defense.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:If you're there from start to end you get decent loot.

Like Torzini mentioned the good part is that you can start repairing one arrow cart at the beginning of the meta, go afk and do important things within ten minutes, come back and hit 1 mob, kill the construct, loot the chests in the northwest and ignore the big champs because their loot is not worth the time.If you only want the essence chests log in at xx:00 so Aesgir's legacy is open and get all chests on the map in one journey without even hitting one enemy.

Thanks for this, I had no idea!

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:If they reach the force shields, they drop bombs. People need to destroy the bombs or they damage what you're trying to protect. You may not have been aware of it, but someone was destroying those bombs. I'm one of the guys that makes sure no bomb goes off.

Yep, I was just told they'd damage the shrine, and believed it. I never let one explode to check it out. Apparently I'm wrong on this one and it's a weird design decision. So is losing the shrine after a successful defense.

Yeah. I was checking it today because people weren’t killing the bombers in time. I noticed they were dropping the bomb next to the shrine and the bombs were going off. So I checked the shrine “health bar” after each explosion and none of them had any effect, which I thought was really strange. I guess their only reason for being in the event is to damage players standing beside the shrine. Otherwise they can be ignored.Very strange.

@lare.5129 said:

@Greg.7086 said:Hence why 95% of my friend-list and guild are now: HoT Meta Train, PoF Bounties, Raids, WvW, Fractals, there are even more players doing World-Bosses, Silverwaste Farm, LW3/LW4 maps than Bjora Marches. Sadly this speaks volumes.And this is great. I don't see any reason to kill HoT meta or other content by adding something massive. We get chill event by story line - and this is very very OK.

Nope? HoT metas are being played after years for their unique rewards, something that the game haven't added since.

Old metas should be an alternative, not the only way to get gold/decent rewards.