Mount-Skin available through wvw

Arzurag.7506

@RedShark.9548 said:

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:Given that we had to pony up (no pun intended) around 250 gold while earning the Gryphon way back when, I can only imagine that the track will be similar in cost, though I hope I'm wrong.

i hope not, i blew most of it from betting on ectos some days ago :^)

Read through the announcement. Its what Anet said.

Aside from that, I'm not doing anything with the gold I have. This might be worth paying for (once I see it).

How the f did you reply so quick, i literally posted it, reread the article 30sec and edited my post.

And i didnt do anything with my gold either, thats why i ecto gambled it away just a few days ago.

That ecto gambling is evil....

They didn't bother to post a picture of the Guildrider Skin because, I'm sure it just the Outrider with a guild flag or banner hanging off of it. I hope I am wrong.

Edit: Also, depending on the price, a lot of people might end buying gems to currency exchange for the gold to unlock the track. Here's to hoping it's a reasonable price.

@Aspen Tie.5084 said:They didn't bother to post a picture of the Guildrider Skin because, I'm sure it just the Outrider with a guild flag or banner hanging off of it. I hope I am wrong.99% likely. The announcement says leopard - the outrider is the only decent match, the other skins are variations of the base warclaw or a tiger (savage). Either the armor will have a guild icon or there will be a flag (and prolly only 2 dye channels). Would be interesting if it changes color to your side, but I doubt they went that far.

@Aspen Tie.5084 said:They didn't bother to post a picture of the Guildrider Skin because, I'm sure it just the Outrider with a guild flag or banner hanging off of it. I hope I am wrong.

Edit: Also, depending on the price, a lot of people might end buying gems to currency exchange for the gold to unlock the track. Here's to hoping it's a reasonable price.

Besides not knowing what the actual price is going to be, I cannot imagine that´s gonna be that high. WvW-players are not the richest players of the game and I think anet´s intention is to drive more ppl into the game-mode, instead of scaring players off.

@Arzurag.7506 said:

@Aspen Tie.5084 said:They didn't bother to post a picture of the Guildrider Skin because, I'm sure it just the Outrider with a guild flag or banner hanging off of it. I hope I am wrong.

Besides not knowing what the actual price is going to be, I cannot imagine that´s gonna be that high. WvW-players are not the richest players of the game and I think anet´s intention is to drive more ppl into the game-mode, instead of scaring players off.

Agreed it's probably fairly low barrier.

If you take the bonus event into account as well, it's all just bait to get people in and playing under the new balance conditions. Which, in my opinion, is a good thing.

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:Given that we had to pony up (no pun intended) around 250 gold while earning the Gryphon way back when, I can only imagine that the track will be similar in cost, though I hope I'm wrong.

Can't imagine they would charge 250g to unlock an entire mount in the game mode easiest to farm gold, while wvw would have to pay the same to unlock just a skin. But then again... anet...

I could see it being anywhere between 20-50g, which is the price for a lot of black lion weapon skins.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Can't imagine they would charge 250g to unlock an entire mount in the game mode easiest to farm gold, while wvw would have to pay the same to unlock just a skin. But then again... anet...

I could see it being anywhere between 20-50g, which is the price for a lot of black lion weapon skins.

And now we see its 200gp, so i wasn't far off.

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

Yeah I didn't think they would go that high and throw wvw a bone.But then again... anet... :D

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Yeah I didn't think they would go that high and throw wvw a bone.But then again... anet... :D

LOL, no, thats not the way these things are handled there. Now it can be argued that the other things you get along the track are "worth it", but I don't know. Time will tell if I am morbidly curious enough to spend that kind of gold on a mount skin for a mount I rare use.