Extreme Makeover Kit

Is it possible to change the game's birthday, changing the character's birthday to the account's birthday, so that I can delete my old characters without feeling like I'm destroying everything I've already achieved? Or create an "Extreme Makeover Kit" that allows people to change their characters' race, resetting their personal story at least once? I'm also don't like to buy new character slot to abandon my old character into the limb of character selection. After all, after the creation of the "build templates", having more than 9 characters became unnecessary.

Extreme Makeover Kit

• Rename the character
  • Change the race
  • all the regular "Makeover Kit" stuff

I'd love game's birthday to change to account birthday and not char birthday. I have my old (first) character since release, but I'm no longer playing that character and I doubt I ever will, but keeping that char just for birthday reward.It might be complex, considering that it's still fun to receive other birthday gifts on other characters...maybe add a birthday vendor so we can purchase some things with birthday tokens too. I don't know, but would deffo love to see it become account birthday!

I seem to remember Anet have said it's not possible to change your race because so many things in the game are tied to it. Apparently it can cause the kind of bugs which can make the character literally unplayable. (I don't know the specifics but Elder Scrolls Online's developers said they won't add the option to change your alliance for the same reason and that determines a lot of the same things as race in GW2 like your starting area and which themed items - like racial armour - you can get on that character, I assume it's standard practice to program games that way.)

The ability to change birthdays would be nice, but I'm not sure how many people would actually use it. But if it's something they could do and it was restricted so you couldn't make them older than your account I don't see any reason not to do it.

And you can already change your character's name, using an item in the gem store.

I think the ability to reset personal story bio traits would be cool. Sometimes I regret that my first character was a ranger noble who liked pretty godesses and wanted to join the circus - although funny at the time, the amusement didn't age well, making the ls pact commander feel like a complete lorebreak. At least you can change names/appearance/gender though!

@Westenev.5289 said:I think the ability to reset personal story bio traits would be cool. Sometimes I regret that my first character was a ranger noble who liked pretty godesses and wanted to join the circus - although funny at the time, the amusement didn't age well, making the ls pact commander feel like a complete lorebreak. At least you can change names/appearance/gender though!

One way to look at it is that it was 7 years ago in-universe as well as in real life and your character has been through a lot which would have changed them since then.

My norn engineer would now be horrified at the thought of getting so drunk at a moot that she managed to take a charr tank on a joy ride and didn't even remember it. But when it happened she was younger, less mature and very excited at the idea of finally getting to be an adventurer and wasn't thinking, plus I don't imagine she'd had much opportunity to get that drunk before so she didn't really know her limits. Just like how I'm embarrassed by some of the things I did as a teenager and young adult (admittedly more than 7 years ago) but I didn't know any better then either.

one thing i really never see while it is actually quite interesting to have, what about changing profession?we can't change race for a good reason but changing profession changes little, maybe a little change to the bio but that's all there is to it. (it's only one single choice of your bio vs the entire bio in race change)

I would totally agree with change of profession.

Also, the birthday change seems a good idea. That way we can get our account birthday gift for all our characters on the same day -- Now, it would still have to be based on years per character.

My first toon is 7 ys old -- the change shouldn't mean I get 5 7yr bday gifts; one for each character. You should still get the relative character age birthday gift -- just make it all on the same day. Like two 7 yr bday gift, a 5 year, a 2 yr and a 1 yr which are the character's relative ages, on whatever date your first toon was created.

I think the OP wants to have all characters, present and future, allowed to have their birthday rewards changed to Anniversary Rewards (in addition to receiving the corresponding Birthday Reward). So that even a character created one day before the 8th Anniversary (of the account) would receive the 8th Anniversary rewards, and 8th Birthday reward.

Dungeon&Dragons Online (DDO) solved "race change" with Reincarnation.

What Reincarnation does:

• your character kinda dies, is deleted
  • you restart at level 1, tutorial
  • skills, perks based on "per character" goes away. Like crafting.
  • you do keep gold, loot(soulbound), name.
  • per character knowledge goes away, but reborn character does inherit material goods.

Its is sort of: create new character, but copy-paste same stuff, delete "old" one

Note:

• DDO also gives you "reincarnation perk". Its a huge source of power creep. Thats bad.

Side effect:

• sales of extra character slots would drop. But if Reincarnation is not free, there is no lose of income.
  • in DDO number of players that did so called "end game" droped. By alot.
  • most people got from 1 to max level and then reincarnated. Anything "max level" become empty desert.
  • in GW2, "max level" is not just raid/fractal, but also "all not-core maps". Any level 80 map, events, meta, ...

Based on my experience with DDO, I'd say NO! Delegate your old char as "bank slot", buy a new character slot or whatever. Solution to your so called problem can be made, but it will have side effects. Negative ones.