Steel and Fire Mastery Meta Requirement is too tight

@tmorrow.5189 said:This kind of inflexible achievement is why i'm losing interest in GW2. They did the same thing with dragonfall's war eternal, where for mastery, you need all 18 achievements with no choices. What's wrong with offering some options, there is heaps of content to choose from? I don't mind if the achievements they offer are difficult or challenging, I just want some choices so I don't have to play one way. Not everyone wants to grind out strike missions all the time.

While I understand the sentiment, what's wrong with giving the completionist rewards?

@yann.1946 said:

@tmorrow.5189 said:This kind of inflexible achievement is why i'm losing interest in GW2. They did the same thing with dragonfall's war eternal, where for mastery, you need all 18 achievements with no choices. What's wrong with offering some options, there is heaps of content to choose from? I don't mind if the achievements they offer are difficult or challenging, I just want some choices so I don't have to play one way. Not everyone wants to grind out strike missions all the time.

While I understand the sentiment, what's wrong with giving the completionist rewards?

tbh, im loosing interest for the same reason. I am missing the days where you could obtain the meta/story collection and still have 4-10 achievements left to obtain. These achievements arent even -hard- they are just so grindy its boring to do and very easy to loose interest.

And the person you qouted is wrong. War Eternal has over 18 achievements, i have the meta and have 3 left to obtain.

The reward for completionists used to be even more AP/Items/tittles for the achievements others did not have, if they actually need a reward for further achievement completions then i propose the following, since ANET is able to give out rewards at multiple tiers. For this example well use an even number, 40 achievements.

tier 1 = 8 of 40; Reward APtier 2 = 16 of 40; Reward APtier 3 = 24 of 40; Reward APtier 4 = 32 of 40; Reward Story Meta CompleteTier 5 = 40 of 40; Reward Gold/Double AP of previous tiers/ETC

This way players who dont want to do -everything- can still get the meta achievement, and completionists can get even more rewards. It also allows for players to choose what achievements they want to do while giving them the freedom to avoid those achievements they know they wont be able to do.

@Dante.1763 said:

tbh, im loosing interest for the same reason. I am missing the days where you could obtain the meta/story collection and still have 4-10 achievements left to obtain. These achievements arent even -hard- they are just so grindy its boring to do and very easy to loose interest.

And the person you qouted is wrong. War Eternal has over 18 achievements, i have the meta and have 3 left to obtain.

The reward for completionists used to be even more AP/Items/tittles for the achievements others did not have, if they actually need a reward for further achievement completions then i propose the following, since ANET is able to give out rewards at multiple tiers. For this example well use an even number, 40 achievements.

tier 1 = 8 of 40; Reward APtier 2 = 16 of 40; Reward APtier 3 = 24 of 40; Reward APtier 4 = 32 of 40; Reward Story Meta CompleteTier 5 = 40 of 40; Reward Gold/Double AP of previous tiers/ETC

This way players who dont want to do -everything- can still get the meta achievement, and completionists can get even more rewards. It also allows for players to choose what achievements they want to do while giving them the freedom to avoid those achievements they know they wont be able to do.

Thanks for the constructive feedback. While I enjoy this solution this is already what we see with steel and fire where the Meta rewards the skin (which is the relative standard meta reward).

And full completion gives a title and ap.

And this is what people are complaining about.

I understand not wanting to do grindy/boring achieves btw. I'm litary one achievement away from shiver and probably won't get it in the next few months because their are none I find enjoyable to go through.

Incidentally, I too, have achievements left to get in War Eternal but they are not part of that Mastery. To get that Mastery you needed all 18 of 18 specific achievements. There are actually quite a few achievements in that release that do not count toward the mastery.

@Bieeanda.3781 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:You only need t3 for the backpeice, only the title need 36/37 achievements.Generally speaking, i like reward structure of this, you have a reason now to do strikes. The armor set is a really good slow burn, which is needed in this game.

No, I assure you, I still have zero interest in faffing around with strikes.

And then you dont get the title but do you care about it?

@yann.1946 said:

Thanks for the constructive feedback. While I enjoy this solution this is already what we see with steel and fire where the Meta rewards the skin (which is the relative standard meta reward).

And full completion gives a title and ap.

And this is what people are complaining about.

I understand not wanting to do grindy/boring achieves btw. I'm litary one achievement away from shiver and probably won't get it in the next few months because their are none I find enjoyable to go through.

Oh, forgive me then, i wasnt aware they had already done this as i hadnt actually looked at the tiers for the current story. If thats the route they are going then what they just..need to keep doing it, and the few who do voice vocal complaints can deal with it. Completionists deserve something too.

• 2 months later...

I got to the point of either doing all four cms together or finishing the armor set. So I decided just to do my Stikes each week and eventually I will finish it. Not a huge deal for me. Lots of challenging achievements to finish for the mastery though. I have a feeling this will build towards something epic and legendary, so while it would be nice to complete, remember, it’s for a mastery of the content.