Stun Meta Needs To Go!

Tinker.1586

I used to really enjoy PVP, I felt like it was a bite sized mode that let me have real agency over my builds and play style with out having to invest hours of my life gearing up. However after they made it so you could only Duo Que and now this meta of spamming interrupts I just... don't have fun. Its not a great feeling to sit here for 40 seconds watching your character get the kitten beat out of them while you can't do anything because even after 4 stun breakers your still sitting there unable to auto attack. I can't aggressively go after rangers anymore because both at range and upclose they can stun lock both my warrior and thief. I Can't play the game and the meta is making it so the other player cannot play the game. I miss the dance that this game used to promote of attacking, defending and dodging but now its litterally just about stunlocking and I just don't... have... fun. 2v2's alivated the issue due to the fact that it made it so there was less stuns going around but in 5v5 its unplayable and with 2v2 gone in all forums I just can't enjoy PVP I only play now to grind boxes and that pisses a lot of people off but honestly I just... cant be bothered.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Hello necro mainNothing about CC actually changed for Necro tho ?Except for the handful who used to slot FitG, but that was a garbage trait anyway.

Every other class complaining about CC now are just experiencing the game as it always was for Necro.

alot have changed, before the patch being stunned for 3-5s ment deth for necro.Now they can take a nap while on the ground and dont feel the tickles people throw at them.

If you are necro yeah it hurts, but something has to be a hard counter.

After the rangers got hit with nerfs to maul and worldly impact I think they need some form of cc to get the upper hand and land attacks. Also, kill their pets if you can, other druid ranger mains will tell you it hurts them a lot.

I dunno, I can't play warrior and attack people anymore haha even with 4 different stun breakers. Thief just got bullied out of any place in the mid fight which means they really are only useful for potential ganks and rotation which makes deadeye kinda shit compared to daredevil, and while I don't have as much issue on necro I still feel that this game right now has too much situations where I am sitting there and should just take my hands off the keyboard because with 4 people popping stuns on me repeatively I can't do anything. I think a stun decay mechanic could work to prevent people from building/stacking stuns, or just remove the amount of abilities that actually stun, and severly limit AOE stuns.

WOW vanilla learned pretty quickly that you need diminishing returns on stuns.

It would be MUCH better to put in common sense diminishing returns and then balance around that logic versus allowing ridiculous scenarios of endless stuns which nobody likes and is impossible to balance.

@SPESHAL.9106 said:WOW vanilla learned pretty quickly that you need diminishing returns on stuns.

It would be MUCH better to put in common sense diminishing returns and then balance around that logic versus allowing ridiculous scenarios of endless stuns which nobody likes and is impossible to balance.

GW2 has systems to counter stung. But even pre this patch there was way too much CC. Now it is a CC feast. Which was expected. We do not need diminishing returns. Just reverse last patch.

@otto.5684 said:

@SPESHAL.9106 said:WOW vanilla learned pretty quickly that you need diminishing returns on stuns.

GW2 has systems to counter stung. But even pre this patch there was way too much CC. Now it is a CC feast. Which was expected. We do not need diminishing returns. Just reverse last patch.

How does exactly having damage back on CC makes the so called CC meta better? People are gonna run CC anyway and those CC will have lower cooldown.

The evade spam meta was the worst.

@Shao.7236 said:

How does exactly having damage back on CC makes the so called CC meta better? People are gonna run CC anyway and those CC will have lower cooldown.

The evade spam meta was the worst.

When and where did I say that we should bring back damage to CC skills?! My reference to reversing the patch goes way beyond damage on CC skills. And was not referring to damage on CC skills. And honestly, with exceptional few, most CC skills did not deal much damage to being with. It is a very limited factor in any discussion about CC.

The CC was discussed heavily in the preview patch feedback first 3 pages. Feel free to go there if you want. It does not matter anyway. Anet ignored all the feedback there as they do now. Most of the changes are based on a vanity project of someone who does not understand what the issues where and how to fix them. In addition, did not bother to to learn from 7 years of experience.