Few Classes that Still Need to be addressed

zoopop.5630

So far the game seems to be Better then what it was however we still need to address the following classes that IMO are over performing or slightly over performing....

Holo - Lacks Stability however with the alchemy and invention trait line you can play protection holo which is slightly over performing due to the fact they can hold Node 1vsX for an extended period time however it is extremely easy to force them off node now due to lack of stability overall ( 1 second of stability doesn't help anyone at all).

Ranger - This class Still has insane dps regardless if it's on Soul beast or just core ranger. If you play the Core Ranger spec you'll have higher Sustain then you would on soul beast with fairly high dps output still being a thing due to the pets damage overall still over performing after the slight nerf it received. On top of Pets doing high damage and the sustain overall on ranger still being really good but the biggest issue IMO is Sic em and Great sword 4(counter attack). I have never seen an offence weapon offer so much within one skill ability within itself..... Such as Evade/Block and a Knock back( Also the knock back is bugged where you can use it twice) all within a 25 second Cool down ( IF traited 20 seconds).

Necro - The class overall does fairly good damage but the sustain overall on this class is stupidly high at the moment. The Blood Magic trait-line needs to be looked into and slightly touched in order to lower necro sustain a bit other that the class seems to be fine overall especially with the lack of stability(not including lich) this class has at the moment.

Renegade - This class took forever to actually get some sort of attention in the spvp world and it's now actually starting to be an issue. As everything got Nerf to the ground ( mainly everything) this class went untouched overall. With the Fact you can Spam Aoe Daze and Life Siphon so freely without any major issues. Paired with a Good support this class just becomes a bunker monster(If traited properly for it) making it Close to impossible forcing it off node or even killing them. If Scourge was deleted from Spvp due to the major Aoe spams this class shouldn't be any different in terms of getting nerf in the rightful areas.

At the moment these 4 classes are the main issue with the game at the moment with maybe 1 more possibly making the list (rev) but overall it's in a good spot due to the high sustain a few other classes have right now. I would greatly love to see Necro/Ranger addressed asap then Prot and Renegade if possible. I''m sure not a lot of people would agree with me but this is just some of the stuff i believe needs to be look into!

ranger is forced into using zerk amulet to do dmg like its been doing, the issue isn't ranger, the issue is zerk amulet lol, plus since using zerk ammy its a free kill for most high burst classes, rev, dp thief, the HIGH AMOUNTS OF CC from necro, condi rev, tempest, i don't think ranger needs further nerfs tbh. half the time in order for SB to get the bursts it wants you need to use most of your utility skills, and for core, if you don't hit your Maul your pet doesn't do the insane dmg, there are plenty of ways to work around the pet for certain classes. ranger is really only a solid side noder atm. much like prot holo, necro, FB , spellbreaker. all these classes still have High survivability for sidenoding as well and do fare well against rangers. if your trying to full on tank a ranger your going to die. much like any other class, you can kite half the rangers skills just by LoSing.

@sinsrock.1702 said:ranger is forced into using zerk amulet to do dmg like its been doing, the issue isn't ranger, the issue is zerk amulet lol, plus since using zerk ammy its a free kill for most high burst classes, rev, dp thief, the HIGH AMOUNTS OF CC from necro, condi rev, tempest, i don't think ranger needs further nerfs tbh. half the time in order for SB to get the bursts it wants you need to use most of your utility skills, and for core, if you don't hit your Maul your pet doesn't do the insane dmg, there are plenty of ways to work around the pet for certain classes. ranger is really only a solid side noder atm. much like prot holo, necro, FB , spellbreaker. all these classes still have High survivability for sidenoding as well and do fare well against rangers. if your trying to full on tank a ranger your going to die. much like any other class, you can kite half the rangers skills just by LoSing.

If you think you need to use zerk amulet to do damage on ranger, you're playing ranger wrong. Pets don't scale with your stats either btw

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:dood, necro blood magic is not the biggest culprit for sustain and i'm getting tired of ppl saying this. its mainly a team support trait line. core necro sustain is coming from unholy sanctuary + signets of suffering, plus the overall lowered damage of all classes.

+1 like the best thing on blood is the Rez trait which already got a burst Rez nerf that is significant to the point where 2 Rez wells in a team fight is incredibly ez to cleave hence there is no problem with blood just sustain which is more due to shroud, especially when death magic and signets come into play

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:dood, necro blood magic is not the biggest culprit for sustain and i'm getting tired of ppl saying this. its mainly a team support trait line. core necro sustain is coming from unholy sanctuary + signets of suffering, plus the overall lowered damage of all classes.

its not even that, you can make it work without signet and without unholy sanctuary, carapace + easy LF gain throughmarks, condi cleanses, fear etc etc make it too tanky, also life leech trait didnt get nerfed.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:its not even that, you can make it work without signet and without unholy sanctuary, carapace + easy LF gain throughmarks, condi cleanses, fear etc etc make it too tanky, also life leech trait didnt get nerfed.

life leech is only strong in team fights, and not even OP in them. there are bigger issues.

its really strong, its 70+HP swing for every hit, its rare to find trait this good. its not as easy to notice its value becouse its spread over longer periods of time.add in vampiric presence 64+ hp swing thats also an aura and it produces big value.

editit doesnt have to be nerfed, but it is a part of why necro is how it is. its part of the issue

@sinsrock.1702 said:ranger is forced into using zerk amulet to do dmg like its been doing, the issue isn't ranger, the issue is zerk amulet lol, plus since using zerk ammy its a free kill for most high burst classes, rev, dp thief, the HIGH AMOUNTS OF CC from necro, condi rev, tempest, i don't think ranger needs further nerfs tbh. half the time in order for SB to get the bursts it wants you need to use most of your utility skills, and for core, if you don't hit your Maul your pet doesn't do the insane dmg, there are plenty of ways to work around the pet for certain classes. ranger is really only a solid side noder atm. much like prot holo, necro, FB , spellbreaker. all these classes still have High survivability for sidenoding as well and do fare well against rangers. if your trying to full on tank a ranger your going to die. much like any other class, you can kite half the rangers skills just by LoSing.

This isn't correct at all? Top 10 leader board in Na has 2 rangers Using Knight amulet...... let that sink in for a second please.

No? It's either coming from Blood Magic or Eternal Life. No one In the top tier player base is using signet at all on necro anymore..... or death magic.

Blood / Soul reaping are the trait-lines you want on core necro for competitive game play not death magic.

@scarydogie.3024 said:

If you think you need to use zerk amulet to do damage on ranger, you're playing ranger wrong. Pets don't scale with your stats either btw

You'd think it was a meme, but there are even rangers killing people using knights amulet. Crazy times

@zoopop.5630 said:

No? It's either coming from Blood Magic or Eternal Life. No one In the top tier player base is using signet at all on necro anymore..... or death magic.

Blood / Soul reaping are the trait-lines you want on core necro for competitive game play not death magic.

well I dunno what build they're using but for the meta one i'm pretty sure this is the case.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:its not even that, you can make it work without signet and without unholy sanctuary, carapace + easy LF gain throughmarks, condi cleanses, fear etc etc make it too tanky, also life leech trait didnt get nerfed.

life leech is only strong in team fights, and not even OP in them. there are bigger issues.

its really strong, its 70+HP swing for every hit, its rare to find trait this good. its not as easy to notice its value becouse its spread over longer periods of time.add in vampiric presence 64+ hp swing thats also an aura and it produces big value.

editit doesnt have to be nerfed, but it is a part of why necro is how it is. its part of the issue

well we have different experiences. in team fights in my death log I never see vampiric presence do over 5k. btw those numbers are wrong lol.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

well we have different experiences. in team fights in my death log I never see vampiric presence do over 5k. btw those numbers are wrong lol.

those are just 2 traits, if 2 traits could deal 1/3 of your HP alone that would be ridiculous wouldnt it? expecially since they heal and one of them is an aura.

@zoopop.5630 said:

This isn't correct at all? Top 10 leader board in Na has 2 rangers Using Knight amulet...... let that sink in for a second please.

I am playing zerker soulbeast. but ok.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Renegade - This class took forever to actually get some sort of attention in the spvp world and it's now actually starting to be an issue. As everything got Nerf to the ground ( mainly everything) this class went untouched overall. With the Fact you can Spam Aoe Daze and Life Siphon so freely without any major issues. Paired with a Good support this class just becomes a bunker monster(If traited properly for it) making it Close to impossible forcing it off node or even killing them.

Renegade is frustrating to fight. It could stand to have some of it's visual noise toned down so people actually know what's happening. Duskrazor should be a different color than Soulcleave so you can more easily tell them apart.

Outside of frustration and readability issues, Renegade is not as strong as people claim. Certainly not nerf worthy. I've already made numerous threads detailing the reasons why spirits have plenty of counterplay and why Spirits are not spammable

I won't do so here or this post will get very long, but I will say this. If you fight a renegade who is spamming Soulcleave (their Siphon) and Duskrazor (their AoE daze) with reckless abandon... please punish him. Not only did he just blow his stunbreak offensively, he just used up 30 energy and is currently degenerating energy very rapidly with soulcleave. He won't be able to maintain that for longer than a few seconds maximum.

If Scourge was deleted from Spvp due to the major Aoe spams this class shouldn't be any different in terms of getting nerf in the rightful areas.

Scourge was deleted from PvP because they could not only put shades on the point the same way Renegade can, they also had a shade around themselves. Scourge could simultaneously play offense and defense. Anet nerfed them by forcing them to choose between puting shades on point or around themselves.

Not only are Renegade spirits more costly than Scourge shades since they share a resource with weapon and F skills, you can CC them (unlike Scourge shades), and most importantly Renegade does not have these AoE's around themselves. It has far more in common with post nerf scourge than it does with pre nerf scourge.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

you aren't always on Zerk amulet eura..... so let's not go there but ok.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Ok even if they are on knights I actually rarely see them do insane dps. At least against eura, whom already said he’s on zerkers, in a match the longbow 2 damage would literally tickle, not to mention I decided to do one at with paladins and extra hp on thief and literally both those rangers and a zerk ele being on me all match would barely tickle leading to like 1 death the whole match again when all 3 players were on me

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@"sinsrock.1702" said:ranger is forced into using zerk amulet to do dmg like its been doing, the issue isn't ranger, the issue is zerk amulet lol, plus since using zerk ammy its a free kill for most high burst classes, rev, dp thief, the HIGH AMOUNTS OF CC from necro, condi rev, tempest, i don't think ranger needs further nerfs tbh. half the time in order for SB to get the bursts it wants you need to use most of your utility skills, and for core, if you don't hit your Maul your pet doesn't do the insane dmg, there are plenty of ways to work around the pet for certain classes. ranger is really only a solid side noder atm. much like prot holo, necro, FB , spellbreaker. all these classes still have High survivability for sidenoding as well and do fare well against rangers. if your trying to full on tank a ranger your going to die. much like any other class, you can kite half the rangers skills just by LoSing.

Ok even if they are on knights I actually rarely see them do insane dps. At least against eura, whom already said he’s on zerkers, in a match the longbow 2 damage would literally tickle, not to mention I decided to do one at with paladins and extra hp on thief and literally both those rangers and a zerk ele being on me all match would barely tickle leading to like 1 death the whole match again when all 3 players were on me

The issue isn't Ranger Damage Itself but Pets doing enough damage for the class to play itself...... What I listed above were WHAT I believe are an issue with the spec and what should be addressed overall regardless if someone on zerk/paladin or knights amulet. Great sword 4 Offers WAY to much for a skill that could be in a 20 second cool-down and the Fact That Some of these rangers when playing as a side noder just want the Pet to carry them due to the damage and CC it offers.

Whatever Long bow damage is doing isn't what i'm concern about nor do I care much about the dps output on what longbow has at the moment because it isn't a big issue at the moment, However Great sword Is overloaded and so Is pets damage regardless of what any ranger main wants to be bias about. You can ONLY dodge so many skill before you get rocked by something and simply Killing a "pet" isn't really the best way to deal with the issue at hand. They can simply bait you by forcing you to attack the pet.....

I can't think of ANY other 2 handed weapon in the game that offers the amount of Damage, Block, CC and Mobility as Ranger greatsword.....hands down the best 2 handed weapon in the game for spvp without a doubt.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Finally you play zerker

@Avatar.3568 said:

Finally you play zerker

I've been playing zerker soulbeats for over a year?